• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda Timeline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
If you have your view on this matter please put down here. I do have fun trying to piece together this.

From what I've been hearing and what has been stated, I've come to the conclusion that the start of the Timeline is Ocarina of Time which then leads into a split in the Timeline. Of course there is nothing set in stone cause of the HUGE possibilities to cover over this.

Some, like me, believe Ocarina of Time came first in the Timeline.

Others will believe that The Minish Cap came first in the Timeline.

And there are many others that believe that there is no such thing as a Split Timeline, that there is only a single Timeline from start to finish.

-Sorry but I cant find any pictures of the Linear Timeline-

Even though there are many views of the Timeline, I would really like to hear what most if not all of the Zelda fans they think

*Pictures are just examples of which one starts first. None of these are necessarily true and your POV can vary depending on what you have gathered in terms of information.*

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Wrong thread lolz

Cool Timeline ^^ Ill read it more carefully later

I thought this was social for some reason *goes to bed*

Luthien

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who holds the view that there isn't a Legend of Zelda timeline? I suspect the settings for the games are deliberately ambiguous. If you don't need a coherent timeline, why bother creating one?

Trying to create a united timeline for the Zelda franchise is like trying to create names for Calvin's parents from Calvin and Hobbes. It's true that some are more likely than others ("Mary" would be a more likely choice for Calvin's mother's name than "Xystacotec") but names weren't given because they aren't really all that important. Same is true for Hyrule; some theories are more likely than others, but what does it matter if all the Hyrules are actually the same land in different times, or if they're all existing in their own independent universes? They don't need to be united for the sake of any of the games (except possibly OoT -> WW and WW -> PH) to be any better than they already are.

My money says that the writers didn't care about timelines in the beginning, and by the time they thought about it the timeline was too screwed up to save. That's why so much of what we're told in each game is so vague: it's easier to by vague and confusing than risk being specific and self-contradicting.

--------- That said ---------
I'm in no way trying to discourage ideas. I really enjoy watching people come up with timelines for the series and explain why they believe what they do. This is just my two cents, and I'd look forward to hearing what others have to say!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You should drop into Social more often or somethin:) You were way cool and we used ta have some epic Zelda FailFi battles back in the day haha.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Am I the only one who holds the view that there isn't a Legend of Zelda timeline? I suspect the settings for the games are deliberately ambiguous. If you don't need a coherent timeline, why bother creating one?

Trying to create a united timeline for the Zelda franchise is like trying to create names for Calvin's parents from Calvin and Hobbes. It's true that some are more likely than others ("Mary" would be a more likely choice for Calvin's mother's name than "Xystacotec") but names weren't given because they aren't really all that important. Same is true for Hyrule; some theories are more likely than others, but what does it matter if all the Hyrules are actually the same land in different times, or if they're all existing in their own independent universes? They don't need to be united for the sake of any of the games (except possibly OoT -> WW and WW -> PH) to be any better than they already are.

My money says that the writers didn't care about timelines in the beginning, and by the time they thought about it the timeline was too screwed up to save. That's why so much of what we're told in each game is so vague: it's easier to by vague and confusing than risk being specific and self-contradicting.

--------- That said ---------
I'm in no way trying to discourage ideas. I really enjoy watching people come up with timelines for the series and explain why they believe what they do. This is just my two cents, and I'd look forward to hearing what others have to say!
First off I'd like to say that I'm happy you posted again and I'm glad to see you again, Luthien.

2nd, yes I did make this thread to see what others think. I know there isn't an official timeline but there is speculation where everything falls into place. With so many Zelda games out there and seeing that OoT is a time paradox most have figured that there is a timeline to this that nintendo isn't telling.

My theory on this I will comment on later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom