• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legan experience(the MM is up! teams coming soon!!!)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok so i just got back from a tournament in Oklahoma. It was called OH SNAP 5(80 people showed up)! Legan( THE best link in world, imo) was going to show up so i asked him to team with me for low tier 2vs2. Our name was "Our Zair is longer than yours"

Maybe its just because we BOTH main low tiers or maybe its cause we are the BEST in each of our fields or whatever but all i can tell you is i CANNOT UNDERSTAND how we did the things we did. What im about to tell you is slightly obscene and it may cause brain trama so please watchout when you read the following:

1. Legan is SO good he told me "dont be afraid to hit me, do what you gotta do" This means he was able to take damage from me(in the case that i accidentaly hit him) AND the damage from the foe. This guy is THAT MUCH of a badass.

2. We won our first match and lost our 2nd(it was my fault, i was getting in his way). We then decided to cut the ****, start MOLESTING anybody who was in our line of sight and climb to grand finals. We lost to Dojo(falcon)+ Lee Martin(ike) in grand finals. They were close.

3. Team combos: Samus grab, grab release, Legan D-AIR! Samus Dsmash, Legan D-AIR! Samus Zair, Legan zair, Samus zair, Legan zair, ROFL!

4. Team help! Like as Legan was about to die, he threw a bomb in the air, and as i was being attacked by the foe, the **** bomb came down and hit him which then lead me into nailin the foe with my charge shot.Other times, i saw that legan couldnt make it back to the stage, so i would run off and UP+B him and give his extra jump back while i auto latch onto the stage. The team work we had was seriously AWESOME!!!!

Over all, Samus(me) built up the damage while Link KOed. Since samus is SOOOOO heavy and can play MEGA defensive, i was stock tanking which(in the long run) gave the KO machine(link) extra stocks if he needed it. OUR number one CP was Halbert an we NEVER lost on that stage. As a samus player(who would never pick halbert) i am going to rethink that stage after teaming with legan. Long story short, link+samus is a BEAST of a low tier team.

PS: i have videos of our MM and our team fights. They will be up in the coming days.
PSS: Me and legan went 1-1 in pools. He beat me in bracket and i beat him in our MM. This guy is INSANE. I cant see anyone else being a better link than this guy.

Xyro(samus) Vs Legan(link) 1-4

1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AZ-fDJvxNI
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1vdcXsoc_k
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTorQI42uZM
4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZxrqEznuUo

Xyro+Legan 2vs2 low tier coming soon.......

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Uh... I'm excited for you? Wait a minute, they do low tier only doubles 0_o?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah Xyro, a lot of us were watching on the Livestream.

It was pretty beast.

Although, I'm still gonna give Legan shiz about totally copying my Link + Sammy team. :Þ

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I randomly saw the link to the event and was like, "Well, I'll see whats on right now"

AND LEGAN WAS PLAYING

So I quickly ran into the chat and got everyone else who was there watching. :3

You guys had epic teamwork, good matches with Dojo and Lee (when the livestream didn't freeze).
The Jiggz+CF team was the funniest to watch though imo.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Legan + Xyro= too good/SUPER SPAM. lol

Loser finals vs them was fun

I'm gonna upload vids of Xyro vs Legan and Xyro/Legan doubles tonight.

Muro

Smash Lord
bah i was wishing this was on regular doubles xD, are low tiers as crappy on doubles as they are in singles?

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I was watching you two on the livestream. I missed the teams but saw your fights against one another. Great to watch you two, can't wait for the videos.

Muro

Smash Lord
the one where he ko's with up b? yeah that was cool, still think match 4 is insane

TGM

Smash Lord
Sets like these are one of the reasons I still love brawl.

Good stuff...
You know, lots of people have been saying that. Why do you think that way? Dont get me wrong, the matches were amazing and all but they make people LIKE brawl? HOW SO?

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
I guess it's because it reminds me of what brawl would've been like without the whole tier hierarchy and controversial strategies people have come to hate this game for. No infinites, planking, etc. just two nearly even characters duking it out like it should be. Obviously brawl will never be able to hold a candle to it's predecessor(RIP hitstun), but this is still as close as it gets.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Very nice matches, both beastly Samus and Link players.

I'd actually have to agree with Xyro, Legan is the best Link out there right now (IMO).

Top Bottom