• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The legacy of the Thriller Brigade

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
(The Presidents of Culture) CAOTIC + THUNDERMISTRESS PRESENT: THE THRILLER BRIGADE

Start Time: Friday, April 9, 2010 at 3:00pm
End Time: Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 10:00am
Street: 329 Pitt Street
City/Town: Sydney, Australia

Location Map:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&amp;source=hp&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;q=Sydney+Meriton+Pitt+Street&amp;fb=1&amp;gl=au&amp;hq=Meriton+Pitt+Street&amp;hnear=Sydney&amp;cid=0,0,8892483197896737461&amp;ei=C2eMS9vfPJDs7APc052FBA&amp;ved=0CA0QnwIwAA&amp;ll=-33.874217,151.207704&amp;spn=0.006295,0.006295&amp;iwloc=A&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&amp;source=embed&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;q=Sydney+Meriton+Pitt+Street&amp;fb=1&amp;gl=au&amp;hq=Meriton+Pitt+Street&amp;hnear=Sydney&amp;cid=0,0,8892483197896737461&amp;ei=C2eMS9vfPJDs7APc052FBA&amp;ved=0CA0QnwIwAA&amp;ll=-33.874217,151.207704&amp;spn=0.006295,0.006295&amp;iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Learning the dance for Thriller?

Come and join in the rehearsals and video production at a Sydney city apartment. There should be space for at least 10-14 people to come and rehearse as a group. If we grow larger than that, we'll move the rehearsals to nearby Hyde Park.

The closest train station to the apartment is Town Hall. Please arrive at 3pm, especially if you want make-up to be applied to your face/design (since this work can be time consuming); we'll be starting the dance at around 6pm as a group, but if you come much earlier you'll benefit much more. Call me on 0466-352-145 to get me to let you into the tower.
Those who are serious about zombifying their face must also re-convene at the Meriton on the morning of the tournament on Saturday. Remember, we can't do this to everyone, so those who make an effort with their costume, their dances or their punctuality will be rewarded!
Remember, the best Zombie gets free entry to Thriller, which is worth $60.

What to bring to bring to the rehearsals:

• Videocameras. We will be supplying tripods and will be shooting from multiple angles if we have the equipment to.
  • Any zombified clothes, costumes, accessories. Thundermistress will provide the things to play with your face, such as white powder, black eyeliner and fake blood. We will be dressing up for both rehearsals and the Saturday morning before we journey to the tournament.
  • TM's Addition ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - Zombies who'd love to have holes and wrinkly horrible looking skin and all sorts of fun bloody effects, please come shaved! It'll make peeling off your skin a lot less painful afterwards! ♥ ♥
*Please take note Saturday is the official Zombie day of the Thriller tournament, and people are welcome to dress as comfortably as they like for the finals on Sunday.*

We will be shooting zombie footage in the following location as part of the Thriller montage:
  • Meriton Pitt Street Tower (in the evening)
  • Hyde Park (at night)
  • Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House (at night)
  • A CityRail train and Mascot Station (on Saturday morning, you'll see why)
  • Throughout the tournament venue on Saturday
  • Town Hall (if we are gutsy)

Best of luck!

Get a head start on the Thriller Dance (40 part tutorial that we will be using):

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7798CFD6DB6ADD8A&search_query=thriller+dance+tutorial

kupo

Smash Lord
I'll be travelling with unny for this. So i'll be there!

Reaaally looking forward to some funs! ;3

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can I have an idea of how many people would like me to help em with make-up? And if you'd like all the fun effects like warped skin, scabby gory holes, etc. Or if you'd be content with just a white/green face and sunken eyes. : P

Just need an idea of how much more liquid latex and other equipment i need to buy. : D

Have to train David to help me. <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd probably be down just for the greenish face/sunken eyes. I'm going to have my Phoenix Wright beanie (see my avatar) done by then hopefully, lol, so they might go together.

A missing chunk of neck would be funny though.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I'll be travelling with unny for this. So i'll be there!

Reaaally looking forward to some funs! ;3
I'll be with these kiddoes aswell.

Besides, you knew I was already going to be there lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
Ashley - I'm interested in getting some awesome makeup applied :D I also have some colour contacts that I might wear...don't know what colours zombie eyes are though ><

Where are people getting their costumes? Buying them? Tearing holes in old clothes? What to do, what to do...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm going to cut out parts of my legs, arms and face for realism

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Buying a costume would be so expensive. Renting is much better on the pocket. I might hire something or just go to Target, buy cheap ****s and rip them up with blood stains + wear my hardcore Harajuku gear.

Zombie eyes are emerald green or yellow. I believe MJ's zombie eyes were yellow-green.

When we're shooting, it might be funny to bring along some Nintendo props, such as Gamecube controllers, consoles, accessories so we pin down the gaming theme and not forget why we're all doing this in the first place.

Dedu

Smash Lord
wear my hardcore Harajuku gear.
That's awesome **** right there.

Looks interesting... put me up on the list too Cao.
Shame got no zombified skins or ripped clothing at home
Too busy trying to look trendy/casual </3

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
A missing chunk of neck would be funny though.

I'm gonna try to figure out how to do something like this. Squeeeeeeeeeeee. <3 Experimentation on David start! <3

And I think yellow or blood shot eyes on zombies would look awesooommeeee

unreon

Smash Ace
Went ahead and learnt the first 14 parts of the tutorial today. Did it in about 1.5hrs, which is awesome.

I strongly suggest people start learning the dance on their own right now, because there's only a month-ish left before THRILLER. Definitely want it down PERFECT before we even meet up for the hotel, because there we can actually work on formations and markings, etc. instead of teaching people the dance.

And looking for a costume. Gosh, this is gonna be awesome.

I'm gonna try putting at least 8-10hrs into learning/perfecting this dance before the big night :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Awesome awesome awesome!

I'll have the full dance perfected in a month as well!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ugh. >_<
I'm coming to this with Druckey, so I'm confirmed.
But, I dunno what I'll do.
Just sit in the corner like some outcast probably.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Alzi

Smash Master
Thats what i do at perth tournaments Metanova. :p

This actually looks really fun but i doubt i will be able to go. :(

unreon

Smash Ace
It was only the muscle on the left-back side of my neck that hurt, and I couldn't really figure out why.

I know now that it's because I was so vigorous with my shoulder-step-nothing-step-shoulder-step-shoulder-step moves.

Ouchies :(

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, so to bring Thriller Brigade chat back to this thread, I'm just quoting from the main Thriller thread.

My booty bounce is fail - i look like a ****** trying to **** a doorknob
I can do enough booty shaking for us all. : D

cao, when are we practicing this dance? i can come for all of the friday, btw <3
Squee! <3 What's your work schedule like on weekends? We should practice and then have a make up playtime session too. <3 <3

Asian and White people have no rhythm! D:

Bring back the D0N!!

PS: shouldn't we take this to the Thriller Brigade thread >.>
But Zac (White) and I (asian) can DDR, so we do too have rhythm...? :B

Had learnt up to the wazzup bit but forgot some. Gonna use some time o learn more today! <3

druckey

Smash Apprentice
Yes! I don't do dancing >_> But would love to be a cosplayer!!!

Ugh. >_<
I'm coming to this with Druckey, so I'm confirmed.
But, I dunno what I'll do.
Just sit in the corner like some outcast probably.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
That's ok... I'll draw on you ;) .... Maybe you could help film/photos?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I too have (just about) mastered the dance! Better dancers get more screentime!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know all the moves just gotta remember how to put it all together, especially at the end. <3

David, Sony Bloggie's are 250 at David Jones, how much were they at JB?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've been watching it over and over for at least an hour a day on my PSP whilst on the train.

Will practice hardcore when the Uni break comes up, days before going.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Great! I was worried Queensland would have no representation. Right now, the leads are comprised entirely of Melee folk, because they can dance!

It really REALLY helps to learn the dance before the Friday meetup!

Sieg

Smash Champion
I shall be coming as Black Rock Shooter zombie if I can get my epic jumper/cape before then lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think I'm going to try for a 'Hobo Phoenix Wright' Zombie outfit if I can.

I should at least have the beanie :)

unreon

Smash Ace
I was thinking maybe.

Regarding the "pose" section.

As an ode to Smash, we could all do a Captain Falcon taunt for one of the poses.

Throw it in during the second set of 'pose's I guess, to make it a nice surprise.

:)

PS: I'm late to the party, but I learnt all the moves. Just have to put it together! Will be the hardest part. And put some expression. And think of a costume. So fun!

Might come as crazy doctor zombie because I'm lazy lol

S.D

Smash Master
BAD NEWS EVERYONE,

I have a job interview in Brisbane on the 9th T.T

WORST TIMING EVER RIGHT?

Anyway, I'm going to look at flights now and see how early I can get back. Interview is in Milton at 12 noon about a 7 minute train ride outside the city. Interview for an hour max MAYBE a 3pm flight back and meet up with the Brigade at some point during proceedings?

Wishful thinking but I'll see what I can do :(

Edit: Booked my flights and I will arrive back in Sydney at 4:30pm at the Domestic Terminal. WILL I BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE STILL DAVE?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Of course, best of luck of the job interview although deep down inside you know I hope you get a job further south because I wub you. <3

If you don't take any carry-on with you, take the train from the Airport straight to Town Hall and we'll come and get you to play with your face. Shooting will take place all night long, ending at about 10pm-12am, depending on everyone's energy levels.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was thinking maybe.

Regarding the "pose" section.

As an ode to Smash, we could all do a Captain Falcon taunt for one of the poses.

Throw it in during the second set of 'pose's I guess, to make it a nice surprise.

:)

PS: I'm late to the party, but I learnt all the moves. Just have to put it together! Will be the hardest part. And put some expression. And think of a costume. So fun!

Might come as crazy doctor zombie because I'm lazy lol

I like it! <3

And when you said crazy doctor zombie I immediately thought of Mordin. Bawwwwwww. <3

Top Bottom