• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lai-Fire attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I discovered something new. You jump into the air under your opponent, then use your down aerial attack underneath them(but touching them! This is the tricky part..), and they will catch on fire. They will instantly go down if its done correctly. Its called the Lai-Fire attack. Once mastered, you could very well be the best Young Link in the world.

OBVIOUSLY this is the best attack in the game and should make Young Link top tier.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lol nice discovery but its alrdy been discussed. The Lai-fire attack eh? i think the previously stated Fire Spike dair sounds better but thats still a cool name. alright well keep on playin ylink!

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
I already knew about it and it isnt the best attack in the game. there are easier spikes to land. One spike will not change the tiers.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wow, the Young Link forum has reached an all-time low. Yup, I got married just in time. XD

Chip.

you know what to do
*Slaps forehead in DISGUST*

My god.... I pray that all of you know that this is a huge joke and this thread wasn't to be taken seriously at all in the slightest...

>_>

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
Wow, the Young Link forum has reached an all-time low. Yup, I got married just in time. XD
lolz buzz. yeah dude, its called the fire spike and everybody thats not tarted knows about it. if u watch combo vids by wak then ull see it a lot.

pdk

Smash Lord
gawd. People in on smashboards in general dont really have much of a sense of humor :/
it's like i said, easiest bunch to troll in the world

and it should be named after something awesome instead, like cinder:

Chip.

you know what to do
*Calms down after making earlier-angrier-post*

Whew, I jsut thought people were REALLY dumb and actually believed this thread, and they don't...well, most of them that is XD

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
...what?...

anyway, i'm not very good with y-link, but I do know this isn't a spike, its a meteor. (and most of you probably already know)
Spikes are all-encompassing. It's a square-rectangle relationship: all meteors are spikes, but not all spikes are meteors. Some of us like to use one word for all moves that send the opponent down rather than use technical differentiations. ;)

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lol...it's a good attack, but are you really ready for the lag you get from it ...? Especially when you try to spike them off the ledge?

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Taxonomy 101

Several names have been given to the move. Let us separate the dumb ones.

1. Fire Spike
2. Fire Meteor
3. Fire Drive
4. Lai-Fire Attack
5. Flame Stab
6. Cinder

1. It may be a circle-ellipse argument, but the difference between a spike and a meteor is as significant as the width of the branches between beverages and whiskey.

2. This name might work.

3. This name might work also, but it carries the implication that the attack relates to yLink's sword, as opposed to his shoulders. Semantics.

4. How many different variations are there for the same word, "fire"? Billions. Does the attack have be named after something?

5. This one connotes a flaming sword. Roy has a flaming sword. The potential for confusion is enormous.

6. Just...no.

I hope I've helped, as opposed to having made things worse.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Oh man, I'm going to give up projectiles and SHFFLing now: I see the key to victory...

D-Air every time...OMG I'm soo l337.

Thanks Laijin :)

;) Im like totally serious, like all the other really smart people posting here.

--St Viers

PS: buy now

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Several names have been given to the move. Let us separate the dumb ones.

1. Fire Spike
2. Fire Meteor
3. Fire Drive
4. Lai-Fire Attack
5. Flame Stab
6. Cinder

1. It may be a circle-ellipse argument, but the difference between a spike and a meteor is as significant as the width of the branches between beverages and whiskey.

2. This name might work.

3. This name might work also, but it carries the implication that the attack relates to yLink's sword, as opposed to his shoulders. Semantics.

4. How many different variations are there for the same word, "fire"? Billions. Does the attack have be named after something?

5. This one connotes a flaming sword. Roy has a flaming sword. The potential for confusion is enormous.

6. Just...no.

I hope I've helped, as opposed to having made things worse.
Well, if Platypus said it then it must be true... >_>

It's been called Fire Spike since day one. There is a split in the community on the definition of spike. Some use it to mean downward hits that are not meteors, while others like myself use it to simply refer to all hits that send the opponent downward. We really could care less if it can be canceled or not. I personally would quickly grow weary of someone constantly bickering, "No, that's a spike, not a meteor... And that one's a meteor, not a spike... Did you just call that a spike? It's a METEOR!...not a spike... " Not to mention, it sounds absolutely ******** to be telling a story to someone and say, "And then I went out there and METEOR'D the sucker. Ah, it was sweet..." >_>

I vote for Lai-Fire Attack since no one else claimed it before he did. ^_^

Giggidax

Smash Ace
LOL i usually find myself calling it fire spike, but i know its a meteor. fire spike could be short for fire meteor spike. fire meteor sounds like some kind of mage skill on World of Warcraft (never played it tho!)

to tell the truth tho, it should be called Cinder.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
this has already been discussed.
This technique doesn't make ylink toptier, though.
You can't use it well in a match.

The Opponent must fly from above into the dair, and there the opponent could just do a Dair or jump or something else.
Its not a good edgeguarding technique, too.

sry 4 my bad engli$h

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Laijin

I felt obligated to traveling all the way down here from the doc boards to leave you a message.

Comb yo hair.

That is all.

:-D

JK!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin

I felt obligated to traveling all the way down here from the doc boards to leave you a message.

Comb yo hair.

That is all.

:-D

JK!

Comb my hair?
No need for meaningless stuff like that at anime cons. :\
Besides, when people see my hair...they know who I am. So at anime cons, thats like..instant fear right there.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
Funny, this is like someone going into the fox forums and stating that they discovered that when close to the opponent, the reflector can actually hurt the other player. -.-

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Wooooow a fire meteor attack by YLink!! YL is top tier, and pwns all 5-0!!

Seriously, have you ever used it succesfully in a tournament, killing the opponent? How many times, once? twice?...

But well, thanks to this great discovery, I won't lose any more matches.

PS: BTW, anybody seriously discovering it with this post?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wooooow a fire meteor attack by YLink!! YL is top tier, and pwns all 5-0!!

Seriously, have you ever used it succesfully in a tournament, killing the opponent? How many times, once? twice?...

But well, thanks to this great discovery, I won't lose any more matches.

PS: BTW, anybody seriously discovering it with this post?
Once? Twice? Pshh~.
Try more like 4 times in one match(each for a stock).
I can do it consistently of course. Its really easy.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Once? Twice? Pshh~.
Try more like 4 times in one match(each for a stock).
I can do it consistently of course. Its really easy.
Wow when it happens to me it's usually an accident and most of the time when it happens we're still on the stage so it doesn't kill.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Laijin's right about trying to get a fire spike combo it may look cool but it's a complete waste of time. And work on the things he said, that should be more important than creating a combo that may not work 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom