• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Just a note to all you naysayers... I WISH we recorded this match I had today. Tournament Finals (I came in second, but whatever), I was Falcon and I must have kneed my opponent at least 5 times in one match and got his last stock with the knee, let alone the other matches. The KNEE IS STILL THERE, you just have to get used to the new sweetspot mechanic, god.

Luckily, I know how to do it now apparently <_<. Oh god, I wish we had that recorded ><

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Falcon does actually look pretty good. I know he's slowed down and the knee has changed, possibly even been nerfed beyond spammable usage, but he still has a lot of good priority, and after seeing an actually good player use Captain Falcon, it seems like he might actually be a contender.

The Great Morphologous

Smash Rookie
I played brawl yesterday and I agree that the knee got a serious nerf. I hit Zelda to 89%, and she went at around a 45 degree angle up, and she got back with just her double jump. I found it much harder to do connect a SHFFed stomp on someone standing on the ground, mostly because his short hop is higher and his legs would be over their head. Something similar was happening with the Nair, but that could have just been the different timings on fall speed. I don't really see how you could connect both hits with it.
Again, this is just my experience with 6-7 matches yesterday. I do main Falcon, but I'm no pro with Melee and certainly not Brawl.

Edit:
I do have to say, that if people could consistently spike with Marth's Dair in Melee, the Knee should be able to be mastered now.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Is the U-Throw+Knee combo still intact? Got to love the Flash Knee combo.
Dthrow to knee works at certain percentages....with good sweet spotting of course.

Marthcombo, Captain Falcon isn't gay, he just ran out of women to **** mercilessly. Whereas Marth is a metro prettyboy that can't deal with the fact that likes taking swords bigger than his up da butt =/

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
i think the knee still owns. besides , the dair stomp OWNZ now cause u can finally recover properly after doing it. The knee isnt as strong as in melee but there many other new advantages for captain falcon which r much better in my opionen

BTW: 1. marth is gay look at his haircut
2. chuck norris + captain falcon > marth and the other gay ***s

dori.

Smash Apprentice
I played brawl yesterday and I agree that the knee got a serious nerf. I hit Zelda to 89%, and she went at around a 45 degree angle up, and she got back with just her double jump. I found it much harder to do connect a SHFFed stomp on someone standing on the ground, mostly because his short hop is higher and his legs would be over their head. Something similar was happening with the Nair, but that could have just been the different timings on fall speed. I don't really see how you could connect both hits with it.
Again, this is just my experience with 6-7 matches yesterday. I do main Falcon, but I'm no pro with Melee and certainly not Brawl.

Edit:
I do have to say, that if people could consistently spike with Marth's Dair in Melee, the Knee should be able to be mastered now.
It's impossible to nerf the knee.

She was able to recover because of Brawl's floatiness.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
i think the knee still owns. besides , the dair stomp OWNZ now cause u can finally recover properly after doing it. The knee isnt as strong as in melee but there many other new advantages for captain falcon which r much better in my opionen

BTW: 1. marth is gay look at his haircut
2. chuck norris + captain falcon > marth and the other gay ***s

How about, Captain Falcon > chuck norris + everyone that doesn't count as negative (marth is negative ;))

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
his knee was nerfed in that its harder to sweet spot. dont know how many of you mained CF in melee but there was a sweet spot that owned and killed under 80% often. outside of that sweet spot however there was very little knock back. the sweet spot is now very hard to hit. sorry if this was posted already i didnt read replies

dori.

Smash Apprentice
so in short:

does a lot of damage, less knockback than the old knee, very hard to sweetspot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom