• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King is Back

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Mango has assumed the throne once again, felling the evil tyrant Armada and the sneaky villian Wobbles. We may once again have peace in the smash community. Thank you based Mango.

#mangonation

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Mango's 12 inch has now increased to a 20.5. Long live the king.

#MangoNation

Bones0

Smash Legend
The question is will Armada follow through with his retirement with all this salt in his veins?

inb4retiredjohns

V-K

Smash Ace
I think it's agreed with that Mango is in fact the best Melee player on this planet. The way he destroyed everyone else in top 8 was unreal.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I still think M2K would've been able to take him, but now I really believe that he's the only one who can go up against Mango's particular playstyle.

Good job Mango. I play 64, but you're Melee Fox yesterday was one of the most beautiful things ever.

Landry

Smash Ace
So I know Mango dropped games to Axe and Wobbles. Did anyone other than AZ get a game from the champ?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
lol @ calling armada an evil tyrant when he's done nothing but good for the community.

and yes wobbles won their winners set. wobbles beat everyone he faced in the tournament.

in addition, armada's reign at the top INTERNATIONALLY was easily the most dominant since ken. his reign at the top in general is completely unmatched by anyone.

Landry

Smash Ace
Wobbles didn't just take games, he actually won their set in Winner's.
Obviously... I was just pointing out that he's one of the only players to take any games from Mango all tournament.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
lol @ calling armada an evil tyrant when he's done nothing but good for the community.

and yes wobbles won their winners set. wobbles beat everyone he faced in the tournament.

in addition, armada's reign at the top INTERNATIONALLY was easily the most dominant since ken. his reign at the top in general is completely unmatched by anyone.

Leave Armada drone!

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I don't know if this is the right thread but whatever.

I for one am speechless. This game is so dynamic. It's no doubt that armada was solid the best player for the past 6 months or whatever, it seems mango has returned indeed. I'm glad he stuck to his fox and gave it hard work, our metagame needs more flashy fastfallers like mango's fox, no gay camping ****.

I don't know if armada let loose a little after his previous statement of "retiring" or what. I don't mean to john for him. I still think he is definitely a top 3, mango armada and pp in contention for the spots. I think I speak for everyone when I say, we need another tournament with all the top players fighting again!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I was never a blind mango fanboy really, if anything I've been slightly biased towards PP since I'm a NC guy. But damn Mango's fox was pretty much perfect. I honestly can say with confidence that any player in the world, on their best day, would most likely lose to EVO day 3 mango. ****ing crazy.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
So...Mango played great. I wish he was always this motivated and less hungover XD

In any case, what made me happiest about top 8 is there was a huge diversity of characters, the only repeat being Sheik in Ice and M2K (unless you count M2K's Fox I guess).

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wonder if people will ever tire of the #MangoNation circlejerk

But a lot of people never seemed to get tired of fanboying over Ken back in the day, so maybe not

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well mango has done it. "Puff could never win a national." "No one will win a national with fox."
..."falcon can't win a national." Let the games begin.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i think so with the right bracket.. I just need the spacies .. thats my falcons best matchups

i blow against sheik. and the way hbox plays puff would be tuff

Top Bottom