• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The January 21st Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if we got the remaining four of the Original 12 (Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Captain Falcon) all in one update?! That'd be amazing!
Not gonna happen unless we get some amazing new trailer with them and at least one newcomer in my opinion.

Hell, that might be how Sakurai makes people accept Mii as playable. ''Give them all the remaining original 12, then throw in the Mii. :troll:"

Groose

Smash Champion
My guess: Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu on Battlefield, all doing taunts, with a caption saying that they're celebrating fifteen years of Smash Bros.

My (reasoned) hope: A picture of a Homerun Contest, Break the Targets, or something along those lines.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
i don't get why you guys want captain falcon release or final destination or the sorts, these things are gauranteed to be in the game to begin with, i'd rather know less certain things.

somehow i wrote failcon instead of falcon

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
i don't get why you guys want captain failcon release or final destination or the sorts, these things are gauranteed to be in the game to begin with, i'd rather know less certain things.
I'm with ya man, I feel like we should get a Yoshi reveal!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Man, I don't want to set up expectations, I mean, what hype worthy thing could Sakurai reveal? Master Hand? I already know that'll be in the game. The only thing besides a newcomer that would excite me is an actual gameplay video.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Man, I don't want to set up expectations, I mean, what hype worthy thing could Sakurai reveal? Master Hand? I already know that'll be in the game. The only thing besides a newcomer that would excite me is an actual gameplay video.
Exactly. Even if Sakurai reveals Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi, so what? We all knew they were going to return.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Master Hand is what I was thinking earlier too. Appropriate anniversary reveal. But I bet on nothing.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It's amazing how much the fanboysm towards Melee clouds everyone's mind.
I mean, come on. That ****ing minigame should return? Really.
Hey, i'm a Brawl guy. I didn't like Melee as much as the other two I liked that minigame also. lol

But i guess liking a minigame from Melee makes me a Melee fanboy. HURHURHUR

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My neighbor's dad's co-worker's brother-in-law's mailman's son works for Nintendo.

He told me this is what we will get tomorrow:
[/thread]

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I doubt it's a newcomer, let alone a character. We got Dedede, what, less that two weeks ago? We've gotten 3 characters in pretty much one month.

I also doubt its a newcomer simply because so far each newcomer has had a trailer showing them off, and those special CGI cutscene intros take a long time to develop. And all trailers have been shown off on some event or Nintendo Direct.

I can almost guarantee it'll be a picture of the BUMPER item from the original game. "Pic of the day - today marks the 15th anniversary of Smash Bros! Anyone remember this item?!?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I doubt it's a newcomer, let alone a character. We got Dedede, what, less that two weeks ago? We've gotten 3 characters in pretty much one month.

I also doubt its a newcomer simply because so far each newcomer has had a trailer showing them off, and those special CGI cutscene intros take a long time to develop. And all trailers have been shown off on some event or Nintendo Direct.

I can almost guarantee it'll be a picture of the BUMPER item from the original game. "Pic of the day - today marks the 15th anniversary of Smash Bros! Anyone remember this item?!?
A classic stage or minigames would be nice.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

At best I'd say Wario, since tomorrow is also the anniversary of SML3, and there's no real better time to announce him.

...Also the 30th is the anniversary of the Ice Climbers...

So we potentially have a packed month for character reveals. I really thik the "1 character per month" thing is just pure coincidence. Especially since 2 months already break that rule.

As for Dedede, need I bring up Toon Link/Sonic?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Probably gonna be a useless pic. I highly doubt we get anything special.
I feel nothing special will happen.
Same here. Just like how people keep thinking we're getting some Nintendo Press event at the end of the month.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm not getting my hopes up. I think it is likely they will acknowledge the anniversary in some way, but with something as special as a character reveal? Nah, I don't really think so.

Also, I assume this thread will be locked at the stroke of midnight on the 22?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
"Pic of the day. Dedede's strong side special returns. We've also made a small addition to the move."

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Everyone's so mopey about this...

You can be excited and live with the disappointment, ya know...

I'm hoping for something. At least recognizing the day with a neat little picture.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
A classic stage or minigames would be nice.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be. It would be nice if I could get some Zelda/Peach gameplay or a new trailer.

But I'm staying realistic. Mainly because I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I have to be there at 7:30AM. I can't stay up until 2am waiting for it this time, even if smash's anniversary

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What I would like:

Confimation of the Original 12
2 Newcomers
Stage Reveal
Explanation of the Boxing Ring Stage - What it is, series, etc.
2 Pics of the Day
A picture of Sakurai's Cat scratching the TV.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's always the following that could show up...

Giga Bowser has returned once again. Only, this time, he's a separate character, and is only playable in certain game modes.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
*Put picture of Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby here all taunting*
"Pic of the day. Today is the 15th anniversary of the original Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo 64, so to celebrate: here are the four main mascots of the franchise! Happy Smashing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom