• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The January 21st Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Captain Falcon is revealed.

And then just as everyone is hyped about it, he's also revealed to be the last character reveal overall and that the roster as we know it is the complete package. ¦D

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Probably gonna be a useless pic. I highly doubt we get anything special.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Captain Falcon is revealed.

And then just as everyone is hyped about it, he's also revealed to be the last character reveal overall and that the roster as we know it is the complete package. ¦D
And when the game comes out, it's found out that captain falcon is the meta knight of the game, and sakurai's vision of Dragon King returning from the grave is complete.
No items, falcon only, mini final destination.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Thread title.

It would be weird that Sakuari doesn't announce something new on the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros, do you guys think we will get a new announcement of some kind?

My speculation...

High Chance = New place, veteran announcement, new Assist trophy, new item announcement, or nothing new

Medium chance = Newcomer, story mode shown

Low chance = Release date, main menu, character menu

What's you guys think?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for these scenarios:
1. A special Smash Direct where a new trailer is shown, whether it would be a newcomer or new gameplay with a bunch of veterans.
2. Confirm the last remaining characters from the Original 12 (Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff).
3. Since the 21st also marks Wario Land's 20th Anniversary in Japan, maybe we could get Wario.

I hope that one of these three will happen. But, I don't expect them too. I'm not hyping myself too much from the 15th Anniversary as I could be setting myself up for disappointment.
Nice thoughts, only Yoshi won't be shown before the release of Yoshi's New Island for 3DS. Promotion reason, you know.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I said this earlier in another thread, but I'm guessing Break the Targets or the Bumper.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Hi guys im the new one. ^^

If you ask me we wont get anything Special tomorrow. It wouldnt suprise me if we get another Luigi-Nose-Pic.
C'mon we know Sakurai (more or less).
But what do i know. I thought the Zelda-Reveal for A Link between Worls was to obvious and what did we get? ^^

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
In anticipation of Captain Falcon's possible reveal, here is Fire Emblem's Summer DLC with CAPTAIN FALCON'S voice remixed in. Yes, you heard me right.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
In anticipation of Captain Falcon's possible reveal, here is Fire Emblem's Summer DLC with CAPTAIN FALCON'S voice remixed in. Yes, you heard me right.
Im not gonna lie...thats f****ing awesome! This song for Smash 4!
If the Captain gets confirmed tomorrow i will sing this all the day at work...maybe....^^

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Let's see... We could get any of these:
-Final Destination
-A 64 veteran (C. Falcon, Ness, Jiggs, possibly Yoshi.) or maybe all of them.
-An important Melee veteran (G&W, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo)
-An old stage
-Wario (SML3's 20th in Japan)
-Some other single player mode returning (Targets, Adventure Mode, Platforms, Home Run Contest, Multi-Man Smash, and maybe if we're lucky Race to the FInish)
-R.O.B. (I dunno why)
-Pointless picture.

I think I covered all possibilities.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Let's see... We could get any of these:
-Final Destination
-A 64 veteran (C. Falcon, Ness, Jiggs, possibly Yoshi.) or maybe all of them.
-An important Melee veteran (G&W, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo)
-An old stage
-Wario (SML3's 20th in Japan)
-Some other single player mode returning (Targets, Adventure Mode, Platforms, Home Run Contest, Multi-Man Smash, and maybe if we're lucky Race to the FInish)
-R.O.B. (I dunno why)
-Pointless picture.

I think I covered all possibilities.
Yeah thats pretty much everything. I think its the pointless one (with at least some reference to the original Smash)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Final Destination would be pretty damn ace. Still sticking to the Bumper guess though.

D

Deleted member

Nice thoughts, only Yoshi won't be shown before the release of Yoshi's New Island for 3DS. Promotion reason, you know.
It makes me sad that Yoshi hasn't been shown for so long. The only character from the Initial 8 that wasn't in the E3 trailer and concept art… it just makes me sad.

BOARD THE PLATFORMS!
I wish that could return. I definitely liked that more than Break the Targets.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Break the targets, with the Subspace Emissary gone I hope they go back to the personalized Target Tests. All the shared ones did was make Classic mode more monotonous.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It's amazing how much the fanboysm towards Melee clouds everyone's mind.
I mean, come on. That ****ing minigame should return? Really.
Yeah, can't people just move on already? if you want to play that minigame, just play melee :troll:

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I predict, that there will be something. People will feel things, and post a lot about it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not fanboyism for me when I say that I agree that trophy minigame should return.

I loved Melee. I loved Brawl.

I just also happened to have really loved that ****ing minigame. It was a fun time waster.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Imagine if we got the remaining four of the Original 12 (Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Captain Falcon) all in one update?! That'd be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom