• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i think terra's main competition would come from other final fantasy characters
I'm just quoting Carrill's post so you can take a look at some times Final fantasy characters were voted on. Terra came out on top:

Though there's also the talk about Black Mage and Moogle as possible characters. But really I think the competition is .. everything else besides FF, lol.

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Yes because if there was one more character from Final Fantasy, I would believe that Terra is at the top of the list.

I agree that Sakurai might think that one FF representative would be enough and that is what could Hurt her chance the most. Hopefully he doesnt.

Chrono Trigger and Secret of mana would work well also. It all depends on Square Enix vision of smash. Do they want to capitalize on newer characters that need a boost of popularity to raise future possible profit ? There is a FF7 remake in the work. So Cloud made a lot of sense. Im not interested at all in adding any FF characters from FF8 to the most recent. Smash needs to keep its nintendo hommage value and Only square Enix SNES rpg can have that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dude Secret of Mana would be dope. See this is why I want a collaboration between just Nintendo and SqureEnix on some game at some point, they have so many good characters, and more.

I was thinking about newer characters from FF, and I'm not sure that would be the case for smash, because ultimate's design doesn't include the most recent characters. Depends what kind of agreement SquareEnix wanted too I suppose.

D

Deleted member

I do think that Terra does face some competition with other Final Fantasy characters in terms of inclusion, such as a recent character like Noctis or a popular character like Vivi. She does, however, have Sakurai's recognition and consideration from before.
I'm honestly more concerned if Cloud, Midgar, and two songs from FF7 is all that Final Fantasy would get. The website doesn't inspire much confidence either since instead of having a general logo for Final Fantasy, it specifically lists Final Fantasy VII. Though, one could argue that Sakurai is hiding the fact that there will be more FF content.

I guess more direct competition would be Geno since he wants to include Geno and he has long-lasting popularity. I... honestly wouldn't want Geno in Smash.
I don't think Sora is any form of competition because he's owned by Disney and there's a lot of red tape involved with his inclusion.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
was this poll about a smash appearance or popularity in general?
It was mostly to see which Final Fantasy characters people prefer, and would want in smash next.

I do think that Terra does face some competition with other Final Fantasy characters in terms of inclusion, such as a recent character like Noctis or a popular character like Vivi. She does, however, have Sakurai's recognition and consideration from before.
I'm honestly more concerned if Cloud, Midgar, and two songs from FF7 is all that Final Fantasy would get. The website doesn't inspire much confidence either since instead of having a general logo for Final Fantasy, it specifically lists Final Fantasy VII. Though, one could argue that Sakurai is hiding the fact that there will be more FF content.

I guess more direct competition would be Geno since he wants to include Geno and he has long-lasting popularity. I... honestly wouldn't want Geno in Smash.
I don't think Sora is any form of competition because he's owned by Disney and there's a lot of red tape involved with his inclusion.
I don't know how many times I gotta say this, but They're Not Going to Show FF Rather Than FF7, and yeah it's like hiding clues, you could say. (In the case there's an extra FF character) Well, I mean it's still debatable, it's just my perspective I guess. It could also be a request from SE to seperate them since they're in different games (even if both FF)

Geno is fine, I think he counts as a mario character, it's just that SE owns some of the rights.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It was mostly to see which Final Fantasy characters people prefer, and would want in smash next.
in that case given the route they're going with popular choices she has a good shot unless they go the echo route, in which case i cant tell who be first choice

Teeb147

Smash Legend
in that case given the route they're going with popular choices she has a good shot unless they go the echo route, in which case i cant tell who be first choice
There could technically be 1 newcomer + Geno, and 2 echos, even if that might be seen as a bit much. (1 echo for cloud, one for another)
The really modest view would be just 1 echo for cloud (like Zack)

(I feel like I've posted this before in a dream or something, or did we already talk about this? anyway)

Even though I don't believe the Verg leaks, someone posted this in the Geno thread, and I thought it'd worth putting here., it's his latest post, and it's about SquareEnix:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76928398?jumpto=100#100

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Well, Verg just indicated that there might be a new SE character in the game.

I'm not completely on board with it considering how vague he's been lately, but he has a decent track record so far, so it's worth keeping in mind at least.
I hope that DIsney character gets thrown in the ditch for someone who needs it like Geno, Terra, Crono, or DQHero.

Wait a minute...

"two bandai namco reps"

"Not tekken and not soul calibur"

I'm gonna tell my don chan supporters. There's no way they take him out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There could technically be 1 newcomer + Geno, and 2 echos, even if that might be seen as a bit much. (1 echo for cloud, one for another)

(I feel like I've posted this before in a dream or something, or did we already talk about this? anyway)
not with me

D

Deleted member

Even though I don't believe the Verg leaks, someone posted this in the Geno thread, and I thought it'd worth putting here., it's his latest post, and it's about SquareEnix:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76928398?jumpto=100#100
Well, Verg just indicated that there might be a new SE character in the game.

I'm not completely on board with it considering how vague he's been lately, but he has a decent track record so far, so it's worth keeping in mind at least.
When I saw this, I immediately thought of Terra. I will take everything he says with a grain of salt because of how vague he has been lately and there are still a lot of Square Enix characters to choose from (namely Geno or Zack being an echo for Cloud), but it gives me some hope.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info. I will bite and trust the leak cause I love the hope it brings. Terra Branford for Smash here she comes

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'm just going to hope that Vergeben's leak and the leak from neogaf are lining up with each other and that the Square Enix character is Terra.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've mentioned this in the Geno thread, but I think that this leak isn't referring to Geno.
It might not be Terra, but to me it raises her chances a bit. It would more if I gave the leaking more benefit.

The leaks don't line up as wholes, but it's nice to have someone else saying that a SquareEnix character is getting in.
It really depends what kind of agreements Nintendo and SE have. To me it still seems very likely that Geno and another rep is getting in.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
The only clash between Vergeben's leaks and the Neogaf leak is that Vergeben claims we'll be getting a playable Gen VII Pokemon that isn't Mimikyu, Lycanroc, or Decidueye. Other than that, they both speak of Ken, Isabelle, and a new Square Enix character. Vergeben isn't sure who the SE character is but the Neogaf leaker is sure that it's Terra. I also believe the Neogaf leaker spoke of Ken prior to Vergeben ever doing so.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The only clash between Vergeben's leaks and the Neogaf leak is that Vergeben claims we'll be getting a playable Gen VII Pokemon that isn't Mimikyu, Lycanroc, or Decidueye. Other than that, they both speak of Ken, Isabelle, and a new Square Enix character. Vergeben isn't sure who the SE character is but the Neogaf leaker is sure that it's Terra. I also believe the Neogaf leaker spoke of Ken prior to Vergeben ever doing so.
I'd have to check the original post to make sure of this, but according to a wiki, these two are different:
"No newcomers from The Legend of Zelda.
No newcomers from Pokemon."

Other than that there's differences but they don't clash, so yeah, not too many things that couldn't fit together, technically.

Edit: I looked at the neogaf posts and there's another account that posted too, so it could be two different people. It's a bit hard making sense of the info because of that and some other stuff. So I'm still not sure about it all for now. But there's still some odd stuff, and some stuff that makes sense too though.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Yes, the possibility that it could be multiple posters is certainly troubling and possibly discrediting. There was a guy masquerading as the leaker but the original poster showed up again claiming that the third major leak post was his last and provided photos of his account. The guy pretending to be him also came forward and said:

Thanks for coming back, now it’s probably easier to tell if you are legit or not. Have fun guys :)

You better be right.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...ated-character-videos-and-more.1463068/page-2

For me personally, I'll wait until the next Direct and if more of the characters this guy is predicting are revealed, I'll believe him.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes, the possibility that it could be multiple posters is certainly troubling and possibly discrediting. There was a guy masquerading as the leaker but the original poster showed up again claiming that the third major leak post was his last and provided photos of his account. The guy pretending to be him also came forward and said:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supe...ated-character-videos-and-more.1463068/page-2

For me personally, I'll wait until the next Direct and if more of the characters this guy is predicting are revealed, I'll believe him.
I think I've looked at it enough to get what's going on. One thing people say to discredit is that he claims no leged of zelda newcomers (which is odd of itself, I'd expect at least an Impa echo, but anyway), and then says there's Skull Kid. But here's the thing, he may be hinting that Skull Kid is in the game, but doesn't specify he's playable like some people assumed. He says there's a boss rush mode, and I think maybe that has to do with it (that SK is a boss, not a fighter).
Really, a boss mode would make sense, when you consider what we saw in the last direct, with Castlevania boss and Rathatlos.

And that would also make sense of why we don't have the Monster Hunter stage for smashing. It could also be an adventure mode, but we didn't see anything with platforming, just places where bosses could appear.
Anyway, that's my rationalizing. We'll see for sure as time goes by. I'll just try to be open to anything :)

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I was worrying about him saying there'd be no Zelda newcomers at first and then backpeddling on Skull Kid myself. But yeah, he never really said he'd be playable. Just present in some form.

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
Terra's easily my most wanted newcomer for Smash, and I really hope she'll get into Ultimate, even if just as DLC. I'd absolutely love to see her in Smash!

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the Terra support group Chameleon ! Our voice will be heard by Sakurai one day hehe

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Terra support group Chameleon ! Our voice will be heard by Sakurai one day hehe
Heh, thanks! Glad to be welcomed. ^_^ And yeah, seeing as how she was so considered by Sakurai in SM4SH, plus with Simon AND Richter Belmont being in Ultimate (thus making it 2 Castlevania reps, so there could be 2 FF reps, depending on if Sakurai and Square are still interested), I like to think that our girl at least has a CHANCE of getting in.

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Just saw a pic on the main thread of the music logos from smash ultimate. There are two mushrooms from Mario.

This could mean it is possible that another FF logo will appear for FF6 with a lot more songs. Apparently, the composer from FF7 is not an employee of Square anymore and that is why there are Only two songs from FF7. The rights for FF7 are more complex than usual ff songs. So it means that square Enix is more willing to collaborate than what I thought.

Is it Just Me of this sounds positive for Terra?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just saw a pic on the main thread of the music logos from smash ultimate. There are two mushrooms from Mario.

This could mean it is possible that another FF logo will appear for FF6 with a lot more songs. Apparently, the composer from FF7 is not an employee of Square anymore and that is why there are Only two songs from FF7. The rights for FF7 are more complex than usual ff songs. So it means that square Enix is more willing to collaborate than what I thought.

So basically there would be 2 sections of Music, one for FF6 and the other for FF7, where both use the same logo. Yeah i can see that happening.

Here's the problem though, the composer for FF7 was the composer for the entire FF series up until FF10, Nobou Uematsu (he also composed the theme song of SSBB) so if we could barely get any music from FF7 because of the composer, the same will happen to FF6.

D

Deleted member

I hate to burst your bubble, but in Brawl and in 4... there were two separate Mario icons because one is for the general Super Mario series and the other is for Mario Kart.

If Terra got in, I do see it possible they will treat the FF7 and FF6 music as their own separate "series" of sorts. I still find it odd on the website that Cloud represents Final Fantasy VII and not Final Fantasy as a whole.

Terra's easily my most wanted newcomer for Smash, and I really hope she'll get into Ultimate, even if just as DLC. I'd absolutely love to see her in Smash!
Welcome aboard! :D

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Exactly !! Why would they specify FF7 if they Only wanted Cloud as the Only Final Fantasy represent. It doesnt make sense to me unless they wanted to include another FF game so it could be seperated.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If Terra got in, I do see it possible they will treat the FF7 and FF6 music as their own separate "series" of sorts. I still find it odd on the website that Cloud represents Final Fantasy VII and not Final Fantasy as a whole.
That's the top counter-point to another FF character being in that I hear, and I'm a bit tired of it already, and even though it's a fair point, it doesn't really stop other FF characters from getting in the game. They can 1) change the logo, or 2) seperate the characters by game.
It's possible that it's even a request from SquareEnix for some reason, like that they want to treat FF games as seperate. And really, besides moogles, black mages, chocobos, and such, each game has different characters in them, so maybe they want to treat them differently. To me it points possibly to that there could be more than one character per FF game, like Zack being in as an echo, and then Terra and Celes for FF6, just in example.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Terra gets in, I want to see a lot of interactions between her and the 'cute' Smash characters like Kirby or Pikachu, whether in her trailer or in the "Congratulations!" pictures, like the scene between her and the Moogle summon in Dissidia. You know the one:

D

Deleted member

If Terra gets in, I want to see a lot of interactions between her and the 'cute' Smash characters like Kirby or Pikachu, whether in her trailer or in the "Congratulations!" pictures, like the scene between her and the Moogle summon in Dissidia. You know the one:

There better be a Moogle Assist Trophy just for Terra...
And I demand any and all cute pics of her and characters like Kirby and Pikachu if she's playable.

It would be neat if she did interact with Kirby or Pikachu if they were on the same team in Team Battle, like an exclusive victory animation just for her.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There better be a Moogle Assist Trophy just for Terra...
And I demand any and all cute pics of her and characters like Kirby and Pikachu if she's playable.

It would be neat if she did interact with Kirby or Pikachu if they were on the same team in Team Battle, like an exclusive victory animation just for her.
A moogle as part of her taunts and/or victory animations, or somewhere in final smash would be fine with me. I don't see it as an assist, but I do for a chocobo :)

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699

Since you mention that, I could imagine an interaction like that in a reveal trailer for Terra.

The trailer would begin by mimicking the intro to FFVI with a mech trekking through the snowfield of Narshe... but instead of Terra, it's Kirby in his mech from Planet Robobot. Ultros or another FFVI monster would rise out from the ground to ambush Kirby and though he gives a fight, Kirby has his mech destroyed in the fight. But at the last moment, a fireball would be hurled into Ultros as Terra descends from the sky to pick up Kirby in a protective and nurturing kind of way.

After a brief montage of her gameplay, the trailer would return to Terra lovingly cuddling Kirby in her arms after the hard fought battle... until the ground shakes and the snow disappates from Narshe. A familiar cackle is hear in the distance as God Kefka slowly descends onto the battle field. Ready to battle once more, Terra would set Kirby down by her side as Cloud and Link appear at her side. Then, you'd get a brief montage of a Kefka boss battle the trailer would conclude afterward.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Since you mention that, I could imagine an interaction like that in a reveal trailer for Terra.

The trailer would begin by mimicking the intro to FFVI with a mech trekking through the snowfield of Narshe... but instead of Terra, it's Kirby in his mech from Planet Robobot. Ultros or another FFVI monster would rise out from the ground to ambush Kirby and though he gives a fight, Kirby has his mech destroyed in the fight. But at the last moment, a fireball would be hurled into Ultros as Terra descends from the sky to pick up Kirby in a protective and nurturing kind of way.

After a brief montage of her gameplay, the trailer would return to Terra lovingly cuddling Kirby in her arms after the hard fought battle... until the ground shakes and the snow disappates from Narshe. A familiar cackle is hear in the distance as God Kefka slowly descends onto the battle field. Ready to battle once more, Terra would set Kirby down by her side as Cloud and Link appear at her side. Then, you'd get a brief montage of a Kefka boss battle the trailer would conclude afterward.
I don't think they could show Kefka, else too many people would b*itch about him not being in when she is. Well, I guess it wouldn't be farfetched to have him as a boss, but I still think it'd be better not to have him in, maybe some other boss.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Expecting Kefka as anything other than a boss is bizarre to me. Heroes tend to get priority in Smash. And I feel like if you make Terra playable, then you have to include Kefka as a boss.

Also, I can imagine this entire fight working so well in a 2D fighter like Smash since its all on a 2D plane as well.

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Love the scénario ideas ! She should transform into her esper form and fight alongside Celes, Cloud and Link at the end :) Just heading straight into an epic battre against Kefka.

After they would announce that Kefka is also a boss into the New boss mode !

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

That's very well thought out! I like it! Especially since it also somewhat ties into the "someone is destroyed/killed" theme we have going on in these trailers (in this case, it's Kirby's mech). :p

I'd be really hyped to play on Narshe in Smash, since IIRC we don't really have a location like that as a stage in Smash Ultimate.

Kefka would make an amazing boss battle in Smash. I'd imagine in terms of size ratios he'd be Tabuu-sized, whether in his jester form or his God of Magic form (assuming that would be the only form you fight him in). For potential attacks, he could use Heartless Angel (which in Smash's case is easily avoidable, but highly damaging but doesn't inflict any knockback damage), Havoc Wing (which would be an attack with very high knockback), Forsaken, and the usual Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga.

The Light of Judgment could also be incorporated in his attacks as well.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Not quite related to her in Smash but how I wish I could own this figure...

Top Bottom