• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Darn, then I apologize for posting fake information. But for real, good luck with Terra being in Smash, while my avatar clearly displays who I'd like, I would most certainly welcome Terra with open arms as she happens to be my favorite FFVI character.
It happens. It's good to verify stuff, though at the same time it's still all speculation, even when leakers get their predictions.

I like Lightning :) I'd take her for sure for smash but for some reason there's tons of other FF characters I'd want first when it comes to Smash.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
It happens. It's good to verify stuff, though at the same time it's still all speculation, even when leakers get their predictions.

I like Lightning :) I'd take her for sure for smash but for some reason there's tons of other FF characters I'd want first when it comes to Smash.
Dancing Mad though.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The music?
imo FF6 has some of the best music anyway. If they can get her in and a bunch of the music from it... it's gonna be jamming :)
If she does get in, I hope Square isn't as stingy for FFVI music like how they did with Cloud(I'd really wish we'd gotten One Winged Angel).

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
This is the only non echo character from the same third party franchise that I'd support. Final Fantasy is such a big and diverse series, with each game acting as its own series. We have Cloud who is there due to being the defacto mascot of Final Fantasy and JRPG's in general, while Terra is there to represent the days when Final Fantasy was on Nintendo. Plus IMO, we'd have reps from the two best FF games.

Also if she does make it in, I'd love to see a FFVI stage.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
You know? It's a bit crazy but I have some faith in the neogaf leak claiming Terra to be in the game. The guy predicted Chrom being in as a Roy echo prior to the direct and people doubted him. Then, those people who doubted Chrom as an echo were proven wrong. He's also predicting a Monster Hunter fighter on the way and I'm certain of this. When Sakurai showed Rathalos and mentioned that he was a boss and an assist trophy in the direct, there were too many questions to not suspect more Monster Hunter content coming along later on. What was that stage we saw Rathalos on? It looked very Monster Hunter like. Is that the stage he's a boss on? So much suspicion. I think this leaker has some credibility.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
(sorry accidental double post)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know? It's a bit crazy but I have some faith in the neogaf leak claiming Terra to be in the game. The guy predicted Chrom being in as a Roy echo prior to the direct and people doubted him. Then, those people who doubted Chrom as an echo were proven wrong. He's also predicting a Monster Hunter fighter on the way and I'm certain of this. When Sakurai showed Rathalos and mentioned that he was a boss and an assist trophy in the direct, there were too many questions to not suspect more Monster Hunter content coming along later on. What was that stage we saw Rathalos on? It looked very Monster Hunter like. Is that the stage he's a boss on? So much suspicion. I think this leaker has some credibility.
There's stuff going against the leak, but Terra is my most wanted character, so of course I want it to have value.
Monster Hunter would be cool too. I just dont know how many newcomers we can get. But I will say I think it's higher than I thought at first.

At this point I would say we'd get anywhere from 3 to 7 non-echo newcomers. I'd like to say 8, but that wouldn't go with what how much they put already into all the fighters coming. I only hope that Terra is among them <3

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699

It surprises me how few people are asking questions about the stage in the background. Just what is it? If its a Monster Hunter stage, I think there's definitely more Monster Hunter content to come, which makes the neogaf leak seem a little more likely.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

It surprises me how few people are asking questions about the stage in the background. Just what is it? If its a Monster Hunter stage, I think there's definitely more Monster Hunter content to come, which makes the neogaf leak seem a little more likely.
Some people speculated that it wasn't a smash stage but a story-mode one. But when I saw the monster hunter stuff my gut was that monster hunter would come along at some point, tho it is odd not to reveal the character at the same time, but maybe it'll just be dlc.

D

Deleted member

Some people speculated that it wasn't a smash stage but a story-mode one. But when I saw the monster hunter stuff my gut was that monster hunter would come along at some point, tho it is odd not to reveal the character at the same time, but maybe it'll just be dlc.
A friend of mine, who is a massive fan of the Monster Hunter franchise, has recognized the area as a Monster Hunter one.

It's apparently based on the first hunting map you go to in MH4.

While I am not suggesting that there will be an MH character, there seems to be some MH content in Ultimate other than just the Rathalos boss. If we do get an MH character, I would give the leak some points because that's a character not a lot of people have been talking or speculating about.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I'm all for it if it means Terra's in!

I don't get why Square Enix doesn't want to push for more content in Smash. They don't have anything to lose. Geno/Mallow and Terra/Celes would give a major SNES era RPG popularity boost. They could remake the two games. It's an opportunity!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm all for it if it means Terra's in!

I don't get why Square Enix doesn't want to push for more content in Smash. They don't have anything to lose. Geno/Mallow and Terra/Celes would give a major SNES era RPG popularity boost. They could remake the two games. It's an opportunity!
Who says they aren't ;)

SE has some great stuff to bring to the table, I can only imagine Nintendo would want to partner with them more and more.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I can't stop talking about the neogaf leak but does anyone recall that in Smash 4, Dark Pit and Lucina were last minute additions in development? The Galacta Knight thing is weird since we've already seen this alternate color of Metaknight:

But its possible that Galacta Knight as an echo is a last minute change to the roster due to some unforseen circumstances in development with the above alt color being replaced for something else. And people didn't expect Duck Hunt Duo as a character or that Bowser Jr's moveset would be based on a koopa clown car instead of the paint brush. Soren as a Robin echo with an adjusted dagger is an odd choice but it's odd enough to be real I legitimately think.

I also remember the time images of Smash 3DS's roster were leaked. People thought Shulk's face in his render was an altered image of Little Mac's face but it was totally a photo of the real roster.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't stop talking about the neogaf leak but does anyone recall that in Smash 4, Dark Pit and Lucina were last minute additions in development? The Galacta Knight thing is weird since we've already seen this alternate color of Metaknight:

But its possible that Galacta Knight as an echo is a last minute change to the roster due to some unforseen circumstances in development with the above alt color being replaced for something else. And people didn't expect Duck Hunt Duo as a character or that Bowser Jr's moveset would be based on a koopa clown car instead of the paint brush. Soren as a Robin echo with an adjusted dagger is an odd choice but it's odd enough to be real I legitimately think,.
That's one of the arguments I've seen against the leak. I agree with you that it's possible it's a change like that, But I also think it's possible that some characters are from different sources and not necessarily all of it is good info. Who knows. But it does dampen a bit the credibility. Doesn't rule it out though.

And here's the thing with Soren. It's a weird pick because of how Robin works, But Soren can have a knife, I looked at what that is for sage:
"It allows the user to wield knives. Thieves and Assassins have this as a class skill, and Sages can choose to learn this as a class skill upon being promoted from Mages. "

I don't think an echo can have different hitboxes, so I don't know how that would work with Soren. But my theory is that it'd be a long dagger that doesn't have electric smash properties, but instead Soren's magic would be enhanced and more powerful instead. So he'd be mostly a mage who can also hit with a knife.
That's just my making sense of it, it's hard to tell how it'd work exactly.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Chrom as an echo has a lot of differences from Roy. No fire effects and a completely different up B. I don't see why they couldn't give Soren a shorter melee hitbox for his daggers and possibly improve his magic as a trade-off. Maybe he doesn't have the ability to smash attack in the air like Robin either.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Chrom as an echo has a lot of differences from Roy. No fire effects and a completely different up B. I don't see why they couldn't give Soren a shorter melee hitbox for his daggers and possibly improve his magic as a trade-off. Maybe he doesn't have the ability to smash attack in the air like Robin either.
All the hitboxes are the same. That's the issue, because it's easy to have different properties like no fire and sweet/sour spots, but a dagger is not as big as a sword.
I saw someone with a neat idea though, and that is that since Soren is a proficient wind mage, that his dagger attcacks would have wind added to it to extend the hitbox.
And he could still have smash attacks where the wind is more powerful. It could work in any case. Dunno if that's what they'd do, but it'd be cool.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I don't think it would be too big of a deal for them to adjust hitboxes personally.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think it would be too big of a deal for them to adjust hitboxes personally.
They could, but it hasn't been done yet, namely for A moves, It depends where they draw the line for what's an echo.

But, apart from that and metaknight skins, the rest is easily feasible. It's hard to tell what the chances are exactly, but it's still definitely possible for sure.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Another thing that I wanted to point out was that the supposed leaker (could be multiple posters) doesn't seem to have an attention-seeker mentality compared to other leakers like Vergeben. He has a very "take it or leave it" mentality to his postings. It doesn't add more credibility to the information but its worth noting. It kind of suggests that at the very least, this guy believes his source is accurate.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Also wanna argue that Galacta Metaknight doesn't really disconfirm anything. The real Galacta has no symbol on his shoulderpads. That, or sources just thought the costume was an echo. It's easy to get incorrect with how similar they look.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Also wanna argue that Galacta Metaknight doesn't really disconfirm anything. The real Galacta has no symbol on his shoulderpads. That, or sources just thought the costume was an echo. It's easy to get incorrect with how similar they look.
That could be possible too, ha. But if it isn't it just look a bit bad because both the skins for Chrom on Ike and Dark Samus on Samus were removed in the demo.

So. About Echoes. It might be more flexbile than we think like you're suggesting Carrill Carrill . Here's what Sakurai wrote in the latest column:
"Echo fighters aren’t simple reskins. First, we give them their own taunts and victory animations. Then, we adjust their abilities and parameters as necessary. Many people also overlook the artwork. Each piece features a given character in their standing pose, and each one undergoes a slew of tiny revisions–but it doesn’t end there. We then have to create a total of eight palette swaps for those artworks. I don’t think there are many other games that feature artwork that changes colors like that. "
(https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/2...smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/ )

I bolded the part that matters.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
This description of echo fighters makes me want to have Celes even more :)

But seeing as Sakurai mostly will use the ballot, I fear for Terra's inclusion.

I wish Square Enix showed easier collaboration than only 2 songs from FFVII.

At first, when I saw FFVII, I thought it looked positive for FFVI next to it, but seeing as everyone discredit Terra's inclusion because of it is kinda of a bummer.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This description of echo fighters makes me want to have Celes even more :)

But seeing as Sakurai mostly will use the ballot, I fear for Terra's inclusion.

I wish Square Enix showed easier collaboration than only 2 songs from FFVII.

At first, when I saw FFVII, I thought it looked positive for FFVI next to it, but seeing as everyone discredit Terra's inclusion because of it is kinda of a bummer.
He only says that he refers to the ballot, not that he bases all characters on it. We'll get a good amount of characters that were voted highly, but it's still Nintendo, and there's plenty of other considerations they do for charcters.

Don't listen to others' arguments too much, especially when they're closed-minded. They'll change the title when it's time, else it gives too many clues.

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Haha I like your attitude ! I'm back on board then.

Hopefully, Terra will get in before Sora from KH.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
well hes owned by disney so it shouldnt matter
It does in that it'd be even harder to get him in :p
But I think the property is more Square's, but shared by Disney. Haven't looked into it deeper though.

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I just fear that if Sora gets in, Terra won't. I loved the first KH, don't get me wrong. I'm not against Sora. I'm just much more of a FF6 fan.

with Geno and Sora, I feel like it might be the maximum we could get from Square Enix and Sora is requested so much more than Terra.

Terra's chance would be way more important if SE only included characters from game that were on Nintendo.

But at the same time, I do believe that we don't have enough female characters in Smash, and the two protagonists from FF6 would be the most obvious choice. Terra and Celes are strong women who got through a lot in FF6. They would make really powerful women in Smash. Plus, visually stunning!

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
I just fear that if Sora gets in, Terra won't. I loved the first KH, don't get me wrong. I'm not against Sora. I'm just much more of a FF6 fan.

with Geno and Sora, I feel like it might be the maximum we could get from Square Enix and Sora is requested so much more than Terra.

Terra's chance would be way more important if SE only included characters from game that were on Nintendo.

But at the same time, I do believe that we don't have enough female characters in Smash, and the two protagonists from FF6 would be the most obvious choice. Terra and Celes are strong women who got through a lot in FF6. They would make really powerful women in Smash. Plus, visually stunning!

Sora just opens up doors to some really bad stuff like Mickey Mouse. Even if they're just cameos they don't deserve to be in Smash. Also if Sora gets in that's yet another bamboozle to their most important era to both Nintendo and Square. About as bad as putting in Bayonetta instead of the likes of Alis or Alex Kidd as they're huge in both nintendo and Sega's history. honestly, I'm glad Namco's doing it right and I hope Square does it right too. Once they get someone truly important in Nintendo's history then they can have all the dumb additions they want.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

There's been talk about Sora being unlikely for smash Ultimate. Disney can be stingy on their characters. There's even a video a Sora fan made on the unlikeliness.

I think Geno is likely, and another SE character can definitely make it in. Either Terra or another FF char, or Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
There's been talk about Sora being unlikely for smash Ultimate. Disney can be stingy on their characters. There's even a video a Sora fan made on the unlikeliness.

I think Geno is likely, and another SE character can definitely make it in. Either Terra or another FF char, or Dragon Quest.

If it can't be another FF them I'm all down for DQ. Though would rather have Chrono Trigger.

max_0888

Smash Cadet
I'd also prefer Chrono Trigger than Dragon Quest, but that is only because I never played DQ. I'm sure I would like it.

I didn't think about the whole Disney restrictions. I guess you guys are right! Might be a lot more complex.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I wouldn't mind Sora getting in but I'd also be worried about Disney characters like Mickey and Donald making cameos alongside him.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
If Terra does make into Smash Ultimate i`ll welcome her with open arms. By the way who do you think her echo fighter will be Celes Chere or someone else.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don’t think Sora getting in would hold any bearing on Terra’s overall chances. He’s from Kingdom Hearts, she’s from Final Fantasy. Sora would get in based on his own merits, nothing more.

I’d be more worried about a non-Echo Final Fantasy character getting in instead of Terra, tbh, or if Sakurai feels perfectly content with FFVII solely representing the FF series.

Top Bottom