• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Was thinking of a new topic of discussion to keep the thread going, so I'm curious to know which of the playable cast is your favorite character, excluding Terra?

I think I'd have to say Shadow is my favorite character. I like how we have this inexplicable badass ninja and his dog in a steampunk world and that despite his fearsome reputation, he still goes up and helps the Returners despite not getting much in return (though he does leave them time and time again). I love how his backstory shaped him into who he is at the beginning of the story as well as his relationship with Relm and his dog Interceptor.

The fact that he's a pretty decent party member as well also helps.
Hmm... good question.
I do like the Figaro bros, Locke, Shadow, Celes, and Mog to name a few.

I think I will have to say Celes for the development she gets throughout the story. While Terra is my favorite overall, I did like Celes in the second half of the game.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Was thinking of a new topic of discussion to keep the thread going, so I'm curious to know which of the playable cast is your favorite character, excluding Terra?

I think I'd have to say Shadow is my favorite character. I like how we have this inexplicable badass ninja and his dog in a steampunk world and that despite his fearsome reputation, he still goes up and helps the Returners despite not getting much in return (though he does leave them time and time again). I love how his backstory shaped him into who he is at the beginning of the story as well as his relationship with Relm and his dog Interceptor.

I want to say Celes for being #2 but Relm is way more fun and has the highest magic stat in the game. Plus you don't see many little girl smart-mouths in Final Fantasy.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman

Mine is Celes. I really like her character development and she has some of the most memorable scenes in the game. Shadow is a close second. I like how he seems like an emotionless guy at first but then when you discover his backstory you see that's not the case at all. I also really like both of their themes lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Just FF6? or FF in general?
I used to like Sabin, the inputs for the attacks made it a bit more interactive. But as characters I really like Celes (especially for sentimental reasons), Relm, Mog, and Gogo for being a fringe character, who could also mimic. I used to like the Yeti a bit too :p Havent thought about him in a long time though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
i think ff6 has one of the best cast of playable characters
And rightfully so. Square has always said that FFVI was an ensemble story and that every playable character is a 'main character' in their own right, even if Terra is still the poster girl of the game.

It's because of this that I hope FFVI gets a remake one of these days. I want to see what the entire cast sounds like when they're voiced.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Certainly Shadow for me. In my first playthrough I sadly...
forgot to wait for him on the Floating Continent but on my second playthough, I did. I was so happy to have him on my team, being unaware that you were supposed to wait for him to catch up before. I love how snippets of his backstory are revealed as you sleep at inns with him in your party. The first time it happens, it's a certainly a surprise.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So I went and made these palette swaps of Terra because iirc I don't think I've ever seen any fan mockups of Terra palettes, and I thought, 'Why not make them myself?'.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I went and made these palette swaps of Terra because iirc I don't think I've ever seen any fan mockups of Terra palettes, and I thought, 'Why not make them myself?'.

Ive been meaning to say, I absolutely love these. It looks almost perfect. big thumbs up.
The only thing I could see there being added is like ornaments in the hair or something.
If they used these designs and colors though, I'd be really pleased :)
I like that half of them have green hair :)

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've been thinking about this for some time, but I'd be pretty hyped if the Magitek Armor was somehow incorporated as Terra's Final Smash. She could use Magitek Missile, which involves unleashing a barrage of missiles and non-elemental magic against a specific enemy before casting Sap (i.e. drains the enemy's health) on them, and it's flashy enough that it could get its own cutscene.

Maybe I'm just a big fan of the design of the Magitek Armor in general, but I'd honestly prefer this to Riot Blade especially since it's already been frequently used as her signature attack in the Dissidia games.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I've been thinking about this for some time, but I'd be pretty hyped if the Magitek Armor was somehow incorporated as Terra's Final Smash. She could use Magitek Missile, which involves unleashing a barrage of missiles and non-elemental magic against a specific enemy before casting Sap (i.e. drains the enemy's health) on them, and it's flashy enough that it could get its own cutscene.

Maybe I'm just a big fan of the design of the Magitek Armor in general, but I'd honestly prefer this to Riot Blade especially since it's already been frequently used as her signature attack in the Dissidia games.
WTF? Did the smart phone version of FF6 add anything else new? I know Terra doesn't summon any Magitek in any of the other ports I know of.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
WTF? Did the smart phone version of FF6 add anything else new? I know Terra doesn't summon any Magitek in any of the other ports I know of.
The video I posted is from Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Think All the Bravest, except without all the soulless money-grubbing and brain-dead gameplay.

She can even potentially appear as a 'boss enemy' like all the other FF heroes.
hqdefault.jpg

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman

I had no idea she could do that in spinoffs, but that's really cool, I'm a fan of the idea. It's very unique and represents FF VI better than Riot Blade or her transforming and using a strong spell (which are the other ideas I've seen).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I had no idea she could do that in spinoffs, but that's really cool, I'm a fan of the idea. It's very unique and represents FF VI better than Riot Blade or her transforming and using a strong spell (which are the other ideas I've seen).
I think if her esper form were an final smash, there'd be alot more than just 1 spell ;p It could be just a lot, or even summons from the game, or more.

The other idea was that she have something like a limit break where she'd transform. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind the magitech armor for a smash, but I want to see her esper form one way or another :)

11th

Smash Apprentice
A while back someone asked me which third-party character I would pick if I had to add one. I'm usually pretty hesitant on third-parties, so I couldn't give them an answer. I thought about it for a bit after that, though, and eventually Terra came to mind.

I understand that rights for things related to older Final Fantasy content can be difficult, so I definitely don't expect her, but I will say that she's one of the only third-parties that I would probably jump at the chance to have just based on name. FF as a whole is massively influential, and FFVI is a wonderful game. Not only could she be a nice foil to Cloud in terms of gameplay, but she would represent another part of the history between Nintendo and Square.

It seems very likely that we'll be getting another character from Square Enix through DLC. There are a lot of options, especially ones that would be easier to get the rights for, but who knows. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her, for you guys.

Last edited:

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I didn't even know this thread was a thing. I don't actually believe there's a chance she'll appear, but I sure would support it.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's been a while since this thread saw any posts, huh? Well, yeah, I understand why, considering the issues with Final Fantasy content appearing in Smash, but regardless, it shouldn't stop any of us from dreaming about the idea of Terra in Smash no matter how bleak things may seem. FFVI is still one of the greatest games of all time, and by gosh darn it, it deserves to be seen as such. I'll never stop supporting Terra in Smash.

Changing the subject, I'm hoping that if Terra gets into Ultimate, her Classic Mode revolves around fighting against characters with magically-based movesets. It could be titled "The Return of Magic", as a reference to both the Returners group and the resurgence of magic in the world.

The rounds in Terra's path would be:
  • Round One: Robin on Arena Ferox
  • Round Two: Zelda on Spirit Train
  • Round Three: Ness and Lucas on Magicant (basically you fight against a Ness/Lucas team by yourself)
  • Round Four: Mewtwo on Spear Pillar
  • Round Five: Rosalina & Luma on Mario Galaxy
  • Round Six: Giant Palutena on Palutena’s Temple
  • Round Seven: Bonus Game
  • Final Round: Boss - Kefka (if DLC bosses are a thing)
If not Kefka, I could see Marx working out as a potential boss alternative instead.

Last edited:

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Nice to see someone post on this thread. Im Still hopeful. It would be a dream to get both Terra and Celes in Smash. They would both work so well. Two of the strongest women protagonists out there.

D

Deleted member

As we are nearing Ultimate's release... the game has been leaked and datamined early. And... there is a lack of new or substantial content from Square.
There is no other FF content aside from Cloud, Midgar, two songs from FF7 and Cloud's victory theme, and supposedly two Spirits of Cloud and... Cloud from Advent Children.
Other than two other Spirits of Geno and Mallow from Mario RPG, there is nothing else from Square Enix.

While I still hold onto hope that we will get a newcomer from Square Enix as DLC, I have to say that I am pretty disappointed from the lack of content from them. Whether they are being stingy or there are legal issues inbound is something I don't know... but I am concerned...
However, we cannot lose hope over this. We must continue on and be able to push for Terra in Smash Bros. Something like this isn't going keep be down and dwindle my support for her, and I hope for the same for everyone else here.
Things look bleak, but the hope never dies. As long as that hope exists, it will overcome any hopeless obstacles.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Regardless of what happens, I'm just happy to support Terra. I understand it's an uphill battle for her to compete with so many other Square-Enix characters, but then again, it's the same for almost every third-party character in general. Though yeah, Square really could learn a lesson or two from Capcom or even Konami when it comes to representation, as surprising as it sounds.

I've seen the leaked DM's containing the SE characters Verge and some of the other leakers have heard, and it concerns me a little that Terra wasn't one of them. Though it hasn't made me falter in my support for her, I can't help but feel a little irked at the idea that the second FF character might be another character from FF7, even if Sephiroth is one of the most iconic video game villains out there. Granted, I do like him as a villain, and he makes the most sense to add out of any other character from FF7, and especially out of any FF villain.

I don't really have much issue with the other characters, though. Dragon Quest deserves to have a place in Smash and I feel the Chrono series could use another revival from Square.

Basically, how I see this predicament for Terra is less competition for her in the long-term. Dragon Quest isn't likely to get another character in the future should it get a fighter in Ultimate, and the same goes for Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy is one Square-Enix franchise I could see getting multiple unique characters in Smash just because of how massive its multiverse is. Terra was always going to have a lot of heavy competition with the other Square Enix characters because of how huge its gaming library is, so this is to be expected.

Changing the subject, I made a Palutena's Guidance conversation with Terra. I've never actually played KI: Uprising myself (only watched an LP of it), so bear with me if the characters might sound out-of-character for you.

Pit: I’ve never seen a human with magic like hers before!

Palutena: Fighting Terra, I presume? Terra is the daughter of a human and an Esper, a magical race of beings that waged war with humanity a thousand years ago, making her a child of two incredibly different worlds.

Pit: Is that so, huh… kinda gives you hope that the humans of our world could reach a similar reconciliation when dealing with people not like them, right?

Palutena: Even so, Terra was enslaved for most her life by the Gestahlian Empire when they raided her homeworld and turned her into a living weapon, using her powers as well as the Espers for their own conquests.

Viridi: As what I would expect of humans. Exploiting powers not meant for their hands and abusing them onto others, it’s a disgrace!

Palutena: In any case, Terra is not meant to be taken lightly as a fighter. She can exert a lot of pressure with her magic at both short and long-distances, and when her Trance Gauge is filled, she can transform into her powerful Esper form. In both cases, you need to get up to her close and KO her before she could do the same to you.

Pit: Seriously?! But her Esper form creeps me out a little…it’s like she’s a completely different person.

Viridi: For all her powers, Terra is still just a showy example of ‘the best defense is a good offense’. If she’s on the defensive, you’re in the clear! …So long as you keep aware of her Tornado magic, that is.

Pit: Tornados, too?! But I get motion-sickness…

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As far as square enix characters for dlc, I of course still think Terra would be an amazing pick :)
Hopefully nintendo keeps with FF. Any SE character will be cool tho.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well I doubt we're getting any more FF, especially in the way of characters, but screw it, I like Terra way too much. Put me on the list too.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'd like to be put on the list as well. While I admire FF7 more than FF6, the latter was my first Final Fantasy and is my overall favorite. No matter how unlikely Terra or any other FF6 protagonist is, I'll still show my support.

D

Deleted member

New Terra fans!? @Xeno610 the thread ain't dead! :p

Hi, and glad to see the thread come up again :)
Glad to see that some nice folks casted Revive on the thread!

As far as square enix characters for dlc, I of course still think Terra would be an amazing pick :)
Hopefully nintendo keeps with FF. Any SE character will be cool tho.
I'm game. Sign me up for the Terra support.
Well I doubt we're getting any more FF, especially in the way of characters, but screw it, I like Terra way too much. Put me on the list too.
And welcome to the team!
Just remember to click either option on the poll and you will be added to the support list! :)

Oddball

Smash Lord
Given how Final Fantasy was the gold standard for SNES era RPGs, I'm surprised there aren't more supporters. While I personally have always preferred 4 to 6, I wouldn't mind seeing Terra make it into the game. She's a good second choice (my first would be Cecil).

Given the choice, I also tend to prefer the sprite-based design they used for Dissidia.

Attachments

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Wait there is a support thread for one of my goddesses?

Yes add me to a support list. Really wish she got in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom