• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'I was wrong' thread.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I always saw Mac as the most likely newcomer. However, I never foresaw him to be this awesome, always expected him to be a mid-speed, mid-power, regular punches guy since my only Punch Out experience is the NES one.

Oh, and I always rolled my eyes whenever people suggested Rosalina.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh, and I always rolled my eyes whenever people suggested Rosalina.
I'd ask about your reaction to Wii Fit Trainer suggestions.

But nobody even thought of her/him.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd ask about your reaction to Wii Fit Trainer suggestions.

But nobody even thought of her/him.
I usually get a good laugh out of it when people suggest whacky and obscure characters like Sandbag and such, so it's likely that I'd have found it more hilarious than anything. Personally I just never got the appeal of Rosalina, she's been pretty damn popular after Galaxy, but even after having beaten the game 100% I still don't get it, especially since she hasn't been important since. So it's not that I just roll my eyes at any character I don't think stand much of a chance, it's mostly a personal thing with Rosalina specifically.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I usually get a good laugh out of it when people suggest whacky and obscure characters like Sandbag and such, so it's likely that I'd have found it more hilarious than anything. Personally I just never got the appeal of Rosalina, she's been pretty damn popular after Galaxy, but even after having beaten the game 100% I still don't get it, especially since she hasn't been important since. So it's not that I just roll my eyes at any character I don't think stand much of a chance, it's mostly a personal thing with Rosalina specifically.
I'm not a big Rosalina fan, but I can see why she's in. Think about it like this: She's the only really liked Mario character outside the original five, the people that hate her, only hate her because she's overrated, and she's been in three/four 3D Marios since she was created.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I thought he wasn't relevant enough because a well-known series. lol
Pretty sure Sakurai doesn't think like that.

Besides the series had a game on Wii post brawl, so it's plenty relevant.

If Isaac gets announced his "I was wrong" thread will be oh so very very sweet.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

Pfft. Ridley's would be the best. Since most people who are against Ridley are huge assholes about it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm still a little surprised that he's actually in, but not because I doubted he would make a good character, but rather the fact that he's practically unheard of in Japan (and maybe even Europe) compared to North America. Even with the Boxing Ring, I was still a little pessimistic about the idea of western-oriented characters making it in because of Smash's long history of catering to the Japanese fanbase.

Pfft. Ridley's would be the best. Since most people who are against Ridley are huge *******s about it.
Well, of course. The "biggest" character should obviously have the biggest "I was wrong" thread in this entire site, and it will be so cathartic to read through.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

If any of my most-wanted characters are confirmed to be playable in Smash, I'll be quick to make "I was wrong" threads and they will be very sweet!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I was absolutely certain he was going to be playable the moment I saw the first trailer.
Come on, a ****ing boxing ring as a stage guys.
Before that, I understood having doubts. I had too like basically every newcomer.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I thought he wouldn't be in because his only realistic moveset options were punching, dodging, countering, and moving quickly.

But now he's in with a moveset consisting of punching, dodging, countering, moving quickly, and a gimmicky free KO super punch, with a "bad" air game to try and balance that.

I didn't want him in, but the trailer was neat and he actually looks pretty fun, I've always been a fan of characters that jump right into a fight rather than long ranged/projectile attacks, and Mac literally jumps in to fights. I think his KO Uppercut punch is a bit ridiculous tho, I know he doesn't have access to it at all times, that meter better build up slowly...I feel that move was added because people thought like I did; "If he's in his moveset will be limited and lame" and I can say even without the KO Punch, he looks pretty fun so they did a good job with that.

Top Bottom