• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The History and Story behind Kid Icarus and Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, would you REALLY want Pitt to look like this. . .

Something till me they wouldn't have changed him to the brawl look if he already had a PC role and looked like this.
(Points at IC and them only getting a new texture)
ahahahahhaha!! ...good point!

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
GRAAH! I always hated the ice climbers, but that just sucks. Those pieces of crap took Pit's spot? Ugh...
To be fair, would you REALLY want Pitt to look like this. . .

Something till me they wouldn't have changed him to the brawl look if he already had a PC role and looked like this.
(Points at IC and them only getting a new texture)

R U FS?!! Who cares if Pit may have retained his "classic look"! Hell yeah I would have rather Pit had been a PC in a newer game prior to Melee (hell, prior to SSB64) if it meant bringing back the KI franchise AND having Pit in the series earlier than Brawl! So what if we didn't get Pit's Brawl look, since by your logic he would have retained his classic look since he would have been in more games, and I quote:
Black/Light said:
We all know that Pit's look would have been updated, even if just a little, had a new KI game come out in the past (Before the GameCube era), so he would have gotten an updated look for Melee (or 64) regardless. And hypothetically, had the KI franchise seen an earlier revival (again, before Melee, or ideally before Smash 64 were out), its not like we would have ever known what Brawl Pit would have looked like, so its not like we would have been all "ah, man! We could have gotten THAT design (Brawl's Pit)"

OK, I'm not busting your chops, man, its just that I took your post as if you were saying "would we rather have another Kid Icarus game before the Smash Bros. series thus Pit's design in the Smash games would stay classic and look like this, or would we rather NOT have a recent KI game prior to Smash Bros./Melee and Pit's Brawl design undertake a radical and original look?" cause I would take more Kid Icarus in a heartbeat!

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
it was a joke (you know, those things you are supposed to laugh at and not take so literally), and i think you took it a little too seriously...

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Nice thread I didn't knew nothing about Pit and WTF Is up with that Picture... Pit really looks gayer than he looks in Brawl lawl.

Dairantou boy X

Smash Rookie
i've already researched the info about the two kid icarus games b4 reading this. i think they're cool. i've also heard about the nes game somewhere in a game book. when i first heard about pit was a confirmed character in brawl, i was surprised. i was all like "is that pit? cool!" in fact, he was the first character i played when i first got brawl. also, it would b mad awsome if there was indeed a kid icarus game 4 the wii.

fox219

Smash Journeyman

Kid Icarus
(AKA Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena)
published in 1986 for the Famicom disk system, then again in 1987 for the NES.

The Setting was during a time when gods and humans lived together in harmony. Angel land was ruled by two goddesses, Palutena, Goddess of light and Medusa, Goddess of darkness.

(Palutena)

Medusa destroyed the morals' crops and turned them to stone. Palutena was enraged, so she turned Medusa into a hideous monster:

(Medusa)

Medusa had revenge on Palutena and assembled a massive evil army, taking over Palutena's castle and emprisioned her. She also took the 3 treasures:

Mirror Shield:

Light Arrow:

Wing of Pegasus:

And Medusa gave them to her most powerful minions.

Palutena's last hope was a young angel trapped in the underworld, Pit. Using all that's left of her powers, she gave Pit a magical bow, and using the bow Pit was able to escape the Underworld, retrieves the 3 treasures and ultimately saves Palutena and all of Angel Land.

(Pit Normal Form)

(Pit Final Form)

Something else of interest:

These are called Centurions. Centurions are the solders of Palutena's army that Medusa turned into stone. Pit can use the Mallet to free these Centurions throughout the game, and when fighting a boss, they will come and help Pit.

These are in fact the creatures that fly around in Pit's Final Smash.
Screenshots:

Ending:

Battle with Medusa

Medusa's True Form

Freeing Palutena

The nearly impossible "Best Ending" (The strong looking man is Pit's "true" form)

in 1991 another game was released, named Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters

One night, Palutena has a dream that Angel Land will be in danger again. She askes a Soothsayer and he said that it's not just a dream, but a demon named Orcos will attack Angel Land.
Palutena summons Pit, and tells him to go obtain the 3 treasures again and practice so he will be strong enough when Orcos strikes. He ends up saving Angel Land once more.

Screenshots:

(Orcos)

(The ending was much like the legend of Icarus where the angel approached the sun too closely, and the wings fell off, but it's not sad in this case.)

Videos:
A Kid Icarus and Brawl Mocumentary

http://screwattack.com/archive/VGV/KidIcarus.html
(video of just how awesome Kid Icarus is)

World Record Speed Run of Kid Icarus
(this is part one, find the other parts on youtube too.)

A Play Through of Kid Icarus
(also Part one, find others on his account)

Orcos Battle in Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters

I hope they make a kid icarus for wii!​

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
We should annoy Nintendo, so they get someone to make a new Kid Icarus game with multiplayer Online. But please not like brawl's Wifi PLEASE.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is this really a nessesary sticky CorruptFate? I mean...it doesn't really pertain to brawl gameplay at all and seems to just be wasting space here.

Just my opinion though I'll leave it alone and let you decide.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It was stickied before I even started on SWF, but I guess your right, I mean I did get another 1 like this closed a bit back. ill un stickly it but put a link in the U Guide incase people wanta read it.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this was stickied before the game was released by me because there was very little actual information around about anything back then haha it was meant to be unstickied when actual information started existing- sorry to keep posting in the thread i just wanted to make that known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom