• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hell? - Wii Fit Trainer Playable

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Because someone sent Sakurai letters in the mail saying they'd kill his family if they didn't include Pit.
Not that I'm pointing any fingers or anything.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Well... There is one guy I know. But he's kind of a friendless douche anyway, so w/e.
I'll laugh if Wii Fit Trainer ends up a direct counterpick for Pit.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
She'll probably be a counterpick to half the cast or more.
If I had to pick a character I wanted to be a counterpick to pit, it'd be Captain Falcon.

grizby2

Smash Lord
even though I eventually accepted her as a character, Im still disappointed that they didn't pick something that had deeper connections with Nintendo's history like R.O.B. and G&W.
she DEFINATELY reeks of "Nintendo" that's for sure, but I didn't expect for the new wtf character to be from something so recent. that's what I get for trying to read into patterns too much...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
....Why is pit in this game again?

He had his moment in brawl.
To be fair, Pit got in because his series was revived thanks to Brawl.
He's also a relevant character nowadays, since his newest game was released a year ago. Also worthy of mentioning is the fact that he has a unique moveset, so I see no reasons to cut him from the roster.

Anyway, this is the Wii Fit Trainer board, so back to the topic. She seems to be an interesting character to play as. Unique moveset and also brings more wackiness to the already wacky Super Smash Bros. universe. She's also quite comedic, considering her voice clips and how unorthodox her moveset is. Will be looking forward to playing as her and the other newcomers.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Although it is odd and in no way satisfies any fan base surrounding smash, I actually like the idea. Shes a neat and clever character, and I do not regret her in the slightest.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
You know, the irony is that all the fitness training she does makes her viable for actual fighting combat(Dhalsim does Yoga as well) than any other Nintendo character I know.

This is the closest the series will get to a character with an actual fighting art.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Call me stubborn, but I wouldn't call Dhalsim's teleporting, floating, fire breathing and stretching to odd lengths an "actual fighting art" just because he does some Yoga poses.
This same rule goes for WFT and some of her moves seen in the trailer.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Call me stubborn, but I wouldn't call Dhalsim's teleporting, floating, fire breathing and stretching to odd lengths an "actual fighting art" just because he does some Yoga poses.
This same rule goes for WFT and some of her moves seen in the trailer.

Nonsense, you should see my girlfriend fight. She does zumba.

XepherLord

Smash Rookie
I watched her trailer late at night, and then fell asleep watching Attack on Titan, and I literally thought I had dreamt the whole thing. Worst. Morning. Ever.

But upon further reflection, as long she replaces G&W, I'm cool with this.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Oh totally, there's no one that would stoop that low.
THERE IS. WELCOME TO THE INTERNET.

I watched her trailer late at night, and then fell asleep watching Attack on Titan, and I literally thought I had dreamt the whole thing. Worst. Morning. Ever.

But upon further reflection, as long she replaces G&W, I'm cool with this.
I WILL NOW FORM A PETITION TO HAVE R.O.B. BE MURDERED BY PENGUINS SHORTLY.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You know, the irony is that all the fitness training she does makes her viable for actual fighting combat(Dhalsim does Yoga as well) than any other Nintendo character I know.

This is the closest the series will get to a character with an actual fighting art.
If Little Mac is included, wouldn´t he count for the closest actual fighting art?

-

Late replying to the person who suggested that one of WFT´s taunts is her saying "My body is ready"... YES PLEASE!!! XD[/quote]

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
WFT's a furry?

Furries are people who feel a "special, deep connection" with animals, usually animals like foxes/dogs/cats. They may feel their personality is like that, or that they were one in a past life, or just "really really like it." Many of them have a sexual attraction to "furry-humans (fox-people, etc.) They tend to be quite artistic, and as such, there are lots of lewd drawings of popular animal-characters floating around. These images can be extremely lewd. "Yiff" refers to something sexual. I'd rather not know much more about it.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Furries are people who feel a "special, deep connection" with animals, usually animals like foxes/dogs/cats. They may feel their personality is like that, or that they were one in a past life, or just "really really like it." Many of them have a sexual attraction to "furry-humans (fox-people, etc.) They tend to be quite artistic, and as such, there are lots of lewd drawings of popular animal-characters floating around. These images can be extremely lewd. "Yiff" refers to something sexual. I'd rather not know much more about it.

I'll repeat what I asked, this time more clearly,

"Wii Fit Trainer's a anthro?"

phate

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

I love Sakurai trolling in this video. He introduces Wii Fit Trainer saying, "I get character requests everyday, but no one expected this one"

Almost as if to say, "I get character requests everyday, so I thought, screw those guys. Let me add this bland yogurt eating mannequin after I said we're gonna cut some characters and we've reached a feasible limit of character."

I think this is more of a troll move than putting Monita from Nintendoland in. At least Monita could have cool attacks.

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
I have mixed feelings about this. Mostly bad though. I mean, we were all expecting awesome characters (not that they aren't adding awesome characters) but then out of all the possible people that could've taken her spot, it's well, her. And also, if it is true the roster for 3ds will be the same as wiiu and the roster # hasn't grown from Brawl, the Wii Fit Trainer to me was a waste of possibility. :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Wii fit trainer is a good addition, it's not going to prevent anyone else from getting in. same with R.O.B. and G&W. there aren't going to be much cuts apparently, either.

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
Some ther thread i read said otherwise. I'd rather believe you though. lol

NINmann01

Smash Rookie
....Why is pit in this game again?

He had his moment in brawl.
...Because he is now another of Sakurai's children, was in a fantastic reboot of his series and is a good character.
Why? Unless you just mean to troll, post an opinion with reasoning.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
If you played through Uprising, you'd realize Pit is the only Nintendo character with actual character. Seriously, I want to talk about a big issue with Nintendo characters. Star Fox & Zelda characters are emotionless robots aside from an obligatory scream when something bad happens. (I've played them all, even Command, which I regret.) Except for Groose. He emotes more than any Zelda character. It's horrible but true. I know Marth's a complete robot but I can't say anything for Ike or Roy since I haven't played their games. I discredit Other M Samus because her personality was one of the worst parts of that game.
People impose personalities onto Nintendo characters for a reason. Mario's commonly depicted as a sociopath in jokes. C.Falcon is usually viewed as a violence-happy idiot with the strength of a god. Villager is a seen as a creepy mofo you don't want to mess with. Why? Because they're extremely boring otherwise. For instance, F-Zero GX Falcon has a bomb latched to the top of his car and will explode if he drops below a certain speed (see the plot of the 1994 movie "Speed".) Does Falcon have any reaction to this? Nope, he just drives. Samurai Goroh starts talking **** and challenges Falcon to a pissing contest. Does Falcon react? Not really, he just races. No one would give a damn about Falcon if he never appeared as a Smash character because he's just so bland.

I honestly think Pit is the only player character in a Nintendo game that tries to crack jokes other than Olimar in Pikmin 2's creature log entries. Pit fails at it more often than not but that's just another good character trait.
The only characters close to Pit's level of personality are RPG Bowser and Wario to an extent. Those two emote more than any other Mario character and just about every Nintendo character.

In the two videos she's in, Wii Fit Trainer has gotten more character development than Twilight Princess Link ever did. Just pointing that out. And if they didn't give Wii Fit Trainer that "can-do" personality, no one would probably like her until something like the Creepy Villager meme happens to her. Nintendo has a very bad trend of giving characters juuust enough personality in their grunts and "yahoos" to be likeable, but never enough to be relate-able. Pit was like the first good instance of them trying that. I say good because, wow was Samus bad in Other M, just...eghch.. I'd like to see a lot more of what they did with Pit, especially with the Star Fox characters since they're honestly a few good voice actors away from hitting it. That said, I still count them as being robotic because those VAs were terrible/robotic in every game. (I love 64 & Assault, don't get me wrong; but those VAs are still pretty bland even in 3DS since they try to keep it close to the original)

tl;dr: Pit Groose is LITERALLY the best Nintendo character. The vast majority of the others are little more than player avatars to project your own made-up personalities onto. Nintendo is garbage at making interesting characters.

still tl;dr: (most) Heroes suck. You should main villians, Pokemon, or Wii Fit Trainer in Smash

Also, what's with all this furry talk (mostly hate it seems) in this thread?
Stop that ****; get fit.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I wonder if they're going to change her Final Smash at all. Looks OP as hell right now. Covers the entire stage and it's impossible to dodge? Not bad.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Is it possible for WFT to be a SSBWU exclusive?

Has anyone seen any pictures of her in the 3DS version yet? Nope. If you think about it, it makes sense since there were not any Wii Fit games for the 3DS since being active only with your hands wouldn't be doing much.

Who could possibly fill the role of being the 'one out of left-field' on the 3DS though, if this pattern holds true?

If I had to guess, perhaps Brain Age related?

LOL

Final Smash being somewhere along the lines of:

inb4 nintendogs
inb4HarryTheChinyouAREaDINGUSbecauseTHEYclearlysaidthatbothversionsofSSB4willhavethesamecharacterroster
OR WILL THEY? dun dun dun

:3

EDIT: You know, come to think about it a lot of other fighting game series have taken the route that I presume to be happening with WFT for SSBWU.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
If you played through Uprising, you'd realize Pit is the only Nintendo character with actual character. Seriously, I want to talk about a big issue with Nintendo characters. Star Fox & Zelda characters are emotionless robots aside from an obligatory scream when something bad happens. (I've played them all, even Command, which I regret.) Except for Groose. He emotes more than any Zelda character. It's horrible but true. I know Marth's a complete robot but I can't say anything for Ike or Roy since I haven't played their games. I discredit Other M Samus because her personality was one of the worst parts of that game.
People impose personalities onto Nintendo characters for a reason. Mario's commonly depicted as a sociopath in jokes. C.Falcon is usually viewed as a violence-happy idiot with the strength of a god. Villager is a seen as a creepy mofo you don't want to mess with. Why? Because they're extremely boring otherwise. For instance, F-Zero GX Falcon has a bomb latched to the top of his car and will explode if he drops below a certain speed (see the plot of the 1994 movie "Speed".) Does Falcon have any reaction to this? Nope, he just drives. Samurai Goroh starts talking **** and challenges Falcon to a pissing contest. Does Falcon react? Not really, he just races. No one would give a damn about Falcon if he never appeared as a Smash character because he's just so bland.

I honestly think Pit is the only player character in a Nintendo game that tries to crack jokes other than Olimar in Pikmin 2's creature log entries. Pit fails at it more often than not but that's just another good character trait.
The only characters close to Pit's level of personality are RPG Bowser and Wario to an extent. Those two emote more than any other Mario character and just about every Nintendo character.

In the two videos she's in, Wii Fit Trainer has gotten more character development than Twilight Princess Link ever did. Just pointing that out. And if they didn't give Wii Fit Trainer that "can-do" personality, no one would probably like her until something like the Creepy Villager meme happens to her. Nintendo has a very bad trend of giving characters juuust enough personality in their grunts and "yahoos" to be likeable, but never enough to be relate-able. Pit was like the first good instance of them trying that. I say good because, wow was Samus bad in Other M, just...eghch.. I'd like to see a lot more of what they did with Pit, especially with the Star Fox characters since they're honestly a few good voice actors away from hitting it. That said, I still count them as being robotic because those VAs were terrible/robotic in every game. (I love 64 & Assault, don't get me wrong; but those VAs are still pretty bland even in 3DS since they try to keep it close to the original)

tl;dr: Pit Groose is LITERALLY the best Nintendo character. The vast majority of the others are little more than player avatars to project your own made-up personalities onto. Nintendo is garbage at making interesting characters.

still tl;dr: (most) Heroes suck. You should main villians, Pokemon, or Wii Fit Trainer in Smash

Stop that ****; get fit.
As far as Nintendo is concerned, they're not necessary. Gameplay is the only thing that mattered. Nothing else.

Also, C.F. in GX was just keeping his cool. He's an experienced mercenary. Why would he be shocked about those situations

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945

Stop that ****; get fit.
You forgot about Luigi! Luigi has crazy personality IMO, just look at the pics of him up on the official smash site. Same with the Paper Mario series as well as the Mario and Luigi series, Luigi oozes personality as the goofy, feeble, easily scared guy who lives in his brothers shadow but tries his best anyways.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Wow this is an old topic. Funny how odd her inclusion seemed a little less than a year ago. Now I can't imagine the game without her. I'm so glad she's in, and I was hyped during her reveal. Extremely unexpected, but very fun looking and downright hilarious. Plus the exercise jokes never get old.

That's ironic already, but what do you mean by that?
My guess is that the game was titled Fat Princess but she wasn't playable; she was a gameplay element, if anything. She's an avatar of sorts. Her inclusion in PSABR was simply to represent the game she came from. WFT is kind of similar I suppose.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Wow this is an old topic. Funny how odd her inclusion seemed a little less than a year ago. Now I can't imagine the game without her. I'm so glad she's in, and I was hyped during her reveal. Extremely unexpected, but very fun looking and downright hilarious. Plus the exercise jokes never get old.

My guess is that the game was titled Fat Princess but she wasn't playable; she was a gameplay element, if anything. She's an avatar of sorts. Her inclusion in PSABR was simply to represent the game she came from. WFT is kind of similar I suppose.
Well, there are a few PSN avatars of her. :awesome::troll:

Top Bottom