• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hell? - Wii Fit Trainer Playable

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Please please lease please tell me this is a joke.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Well, it's certainly funny, but I can't help but feel that she's a bit of a wasted slot. Talk about a bland character! Let's see what they do to make her interesting.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Me, pre-today: They'll try to do a surprise character, but I'm a SMASH SPECULATOR. I can see anything coming. They can't surprise us!

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
oh god, this is so stupid.

I'm getting the impression that they're just gonna add as many characters as possible now.
Like those old fan made brawl select screens with 100 + characters.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The definition of joke character.
I think it's genius to have her. She's totally hilarious. I can see already the cutscenes from the story mode. My God... Snake ain't got **** on her...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, I was mad at first, but I'll be honest, the idea is starting to grow on me.

Triangles

Smash Rookie
I'm not even mad. This is just too hilarious. At least she was more unexpected than Mega Man XD.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It's ROB all over again. When the game comes out people will warm up to her, and then when the next weird or unexpected character comes around for Smash 5 the process will repeat itself.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
It's ROB all over again. When the game comes out people will warm up to her, and then when the next weird or unexpected character comes around for Smash 5 the process will repeat itself.
R.O.B. is horrible though. I was thinking it was the robot from Short Circuit, but it wasn't and the dude wasn't even fun to play with. Just as bad as Jigglypuff,

geno

Smash Apprentice
Just watched the Wii Fit Trainer video. I was worried at first... No longer. She looks awesome!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Just watched the Wii Fit Trainer video. I was worried at first... No longer. She looks awesome!
her hands immediately going to her hips when she stands still bothers me. Other than that she's pretty cool

umegames

Smash Cadet
Soooo in a fighter a human like person is a joke, or unacceptable, but olimar and his pikmin , mr game and watch or the ice climbers are? lets just chill, its a game, its suppose to be fun, it will be, and i can bet wii fit trainer will be top tier

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Am I the only one who thinks her inclusion is absolutely hilarious?

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
You know what, my first reaction to the Fitness Trainer was "This is a complete waste of a slot". But then I tried to understand Sakurai's logic.
1 She adds more female representation to the game
2 Non-Sexualized
3 Represents a new and well-selling franchise
4 Fitness moves work surprisingly well as attack moves
5 "WTF" property of the character is going to get people talking about the game

And indeed there are some cons:
1 Does not by any means fit(haha) the traditional image of a Nintendo All-Star due to a lack of an iconic identity/recognizable features
2 Wii Fit franchise targets a mass of otherwise non-gamers
3 Goes against all "wish lists" and "most-wanted newcomers"
4 ^Roster size said to be no larger than Brawl's, so this means that she would have to replace someone from Brawl

I'm kinda warmed up to her now. But hey, if Smash 4 implements "dropped" characters as costumes for others(along with their movesets being available for a customization mode), then there may be no need to fret...I hope that made sense.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... Did ANYONE even think of the slightest possibility of this? Hilariousness aside, I don't really like the inclusion. Her moves and play style look really bland once you get past the fitness related animations. I'd be less unhappy if there weren't going to be less characters added this game, and if I didn't see the new Tropical Freeze trailer and get a nagging feeling that K Rool may be getting shoved aside.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Not too crazy about this.

Don't get me wrong, G&W is still a favorite of mine and I thought it was great that they included R.O.B, but if what they're saying about the roster size is true (and there's no DLC) then this means a much better suited character is being pushed aside. Also her Final Smash is rather bland and generic (Oh, a wave of colorful projectiles that hit the whole screen? Guess we're cutting Unown/Beedrill from Pokeballs).

That said, I'll probably never play her, but I will enjoy watching the doomsayers panic.

D

Deleted member

You know what, my first reaction to the Fitness Trainer was "This is a complete waste of a slot". But then I tried to understand Sakurai's logic.
1 She adds more female representation to the game
2 Non-Sexualized
3 Represents a new and well-selling franchise
4 Fitness moves work surprisingly well as attack moves
5 "WTF" property of the character is going to get people talking about the game

And indeed there are some cons:
1 Does not by any means fit(haha) the traditional image of a Nintendo All-Star due to a lack of an iconic identity/recognizable features
2 Wii Fit franchise targets a mass of otherwise non-gamers
3 Goes against all "wish lists" and "most-wanted newcomers"
4 ^Roster size said to be no larger than Brawl's, so this means that she would have to replace someone from Brawl

I'm kinda warmed up to her now. But hey, if Smash 4 implements "dropped" characters as costumes for others(along with their movesets being available for a customization mode), then there may be no need to fret...I hope that made sense.
The roster size will be smaller than Brawl's? This can mean the the final number of characters might be around in the 20s.

Top Bottom