• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hell? - Wii Fit Trainer Playable

Kantrip

Kantplay
-heard about her being included
-thought WTF IS THIS
-saw her fighting style on trailer
This. A lot of this.

I went from loathing her inclusion so much as to be turned off of the game to liking her enough that I want to play her now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Introducing the new ROB. Poor Wii Fit Trainer, she's probably gonna get all the blame when all people's favorite characters inevitably won't get in.

I'm glad that we're getting the WTF character out of the way right off the bat, and honestly she doesn't look too bad. Her final smash is even Japan incarnate.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt be so mad if i actually thought she was the wtf character of the game but there is a part of me deep down that knows the real wtf character is going to be the last one announced like g&w and rob before him. and if two slots get taken for wtf characters ill never forgive nintendo.

truth be told the idea is warming up to me but i would never call her an all-star

grizby2

Smash Lord
wii fit trainer in the story mode (if there is one) will be one sight to see. lol

she looks like a fricken Earthbound enemy for pete's sake! XD

Ness is escaping a giant robot army and tumbles down a hill in the process. he sits himself up, shakes his head, but then something blocks the sun, his head slowly tilts up...and then..
trainer: "are you ready? lets get fit~"
Ness: *looks at screen* "its been one of those days :urg:"

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
i wouldnt be so mad if i actually thought she was the wtf character of the game but there is a part of me deep down that knows the real wtf character is going to be the last one announced like g&w and rob before him. and if two slots get taken for wtf characters ill never forgive nintendo.

truth be told the idea is warming up to me but i would never call her an all-star
I must agree. It's unusual for a WTF char to be shown first. But I can't really think who could be more WTF now.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
I must agree. It's unusual for a WTF char to be shown first. But I can't really think who could be more WTF now.
Snake was in the first Brawl trailer.

It's totally expected for Sakurai to show us that he like to throw things from left field. It's just suprizing that he can still manage to do it. There was absolutely not a single person who thought about her and Wii Fit / Wii Fit Plus were the 6th and 7th best selling Wii titles.
(Super Smash Bros. Brawl was 8th.)

Maybe some of you guys don't remember or weren't paying attention, but Wii Fit was all over the news when it released and was a huge deal. Remember the Wii Fit hula girl that was made unintentionally famous?

Skyle

Smash Rookie
To be honest when I first seen this I laughed but it's not a bad idea, you can't really judge her until you actually play her, right? If you judge a character by looks and NEVER play them because of that reason, it could turn out to be your favorite character.

It's also a pretty unique character, like the Villager and Mega man as well, they seem really unique and I doubt any other character could copy them. (I mean like how Link :link2: had young link :younglinkmelee: and toon link :toonlink: , Ness :nessmelee: and Lucas :lucas: , Falcon :falconmelee: and Ganon :ganondorfmelee:, (In melee) Fox :foxmelee: and Falco :falcomelee: , (In melee) and etc) :bee: ( :marthmelee:/ :roymelee:) ( :mariomelee:/ :drmario:) ( :pikachumelee:/ :pichumelee:)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Personally, I think she's freaking awesome. Loved her a lot more than Mega Man's inclusion. Reminds me of how great Peach used to be in the Melee days.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
This is actually pretty interesting, I can't wait to try her out!

As far as her being a wasted slot...Geno would be more of a wasted slot haha.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
-heard about her being included
-thought WTF IS THIS
-saw her fighting style on trailer

My thought process was exactly this. While I'd prefer an actual character, I couldn't help but warm up to this character because of the absolute hilarity of her actually being in the game.

BrandX

Smash Ace
To be honest, like most people, I was confused and laughing. But then I realized, she is technically is apart of Nintendo history and is probably a good fit, as weird as she is. I doubt she is a waste of a slot and I think I'll welcome her as a (strange) addition to the cast.

Welcome wii fit trainer. Get fit!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
This all our fault. We wanted balanced characters and more females. I'm still going to try her as soon as I get the game.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
To be honest when I first seen this I laughed but it's not a bad idea, you can't really judge her until you actually play her, right? If you judge a character by looks and NEVER play them because of that reason, it could turn out to be your favorite character.

It's also a pretty unique character, like the Villager and Mega man as well, they seem really unique and I doubt any other character could copy them. (I mean like how Link :link2: had young link :younglinkmelee: and toon link :toonlink: , Ness :nessmelee: and Lucas :lucas: , Falcon :falconmelee: and Ganon :ganondorfmelee:, (In melee) Fox :foxmelee: and Falco :falcomelee: , (In melee) and etc) :bee: ( :marthmelee:/ :roymelee:) ( :mariomelee:/ :drmario:) ( :pikachumelee:/ :pichumelee:)

They just call them "clones" for short.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I already think she's as good as in character by just seeing her moves in the trailer.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I didn't think that they'd reveal another character so soon post-trailer, so I didn't think to check the new info, but then I saw mention of her being revealed on a GameFaqs thread relatting to an entirely different game. So I was like: "...what? Is this a joke?" and I went looking. Sure enough, I saw it there, and I was: ".........WHAT". But then I watched the trailer, and it was awesome, and she is awesome.

Favorite Character so far, and a worthy troll.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
The roster size will be smaller than Brawl's? This can mean the the final number of characters might be around in the 20s.
I said "no larger". This COULD mean that the roster will be the exact same size as Brawl's.

vinson12

Smash Cadet
Stupid gimmick crap, I can't believe they actually brought that to smash bros. Who even remotely cares about the Wii fitness trainer. What a wasted spot can't believe she got in. The traveler guy I was ok with but this is so stupid.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I swear, if one of her taunts is just "My body is ready!" I don't think I'll be able to breathe

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not sure why anyone would be upset by here. She is an awesome addition. Feel the burn.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Stupid gimmick crap, I can't believe they actually brought that to smash bros. Who even remotely cares about the Wii fitness trainer. What a wasted spot can't believe she got in. The traveler guy I was ok with but this is so stupid.
1) Let me point you to the results of this poll.
2) "The traveler guy" is quite unimpressed with your opinions on Villager.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Dumb character. Hope they add more slots.

Smaller roster = bad if there's gonna be gimmicky **** like Wii Fit Trainer, and the possibility of Miis being playable.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
And then comes the speculation that 40% of competitive WFT users will be obsessive, perverted creeps.
ZSS all over again.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You know! Wii Fit Trainer looks like she was designed to give even to the female audience a character in which identify. She is feminine but not oversexualized. She is graceful but not provocative. She kicks ass but without using guns or any magical crap. She's just perfect for the female users.
Thought, if Nintendo thought her lack of sex appeal was sufficent tto not turn on the teenage testosterone, they have understimated the power of the weirdest boner.
You know there was another female character lacking of evident sex appeal as well, whose cold dark eyes and tomboysh personality were not meant to turn on any male. Despite that she has somehow became a sex symbol of whole category, appearing in all sort of fetishes and mating with a lot of characters in the fan arts and fan fictions. Maybe it helps the fact she is literally a foxy lady.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
You know! Wii Fit Trainer looks like she was designed to give even to the female audience a character in which identify. She is feminine but not oversexualized. She is graceful but not provocative. She kicks *** but without using guns or any magical crap. She's just perfect for the female users.
Thought, if Nintendo thought her lack of sex appeal was sufficent tto not turn on the teenage testosterone, they have understimated the power of the weirdest boner.
You know there was another female character lacking of evident sex appeal as well, whose cold dark eyes and tomboysh personality were not meant to turn on any male. Despite that she has somehow became a sex symbol of whole category, appearing in all sort of fetishes and mating with a lot of characters in the fan arts and fan fictions. Maybe it helps the fact she is literally a foxy lady.
>Foxy Lady

SHE IS KRYSTAL.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
And don't forget there is another character, very close to Renamon, that could pop up in the game.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I hate how that comparison automatically makes me think of Lucario.

Now I'm suddenly reminded of why I avoided every Lucario main I saw on brawl sites.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Said the user with Lucario as avatar. But nope! I meant a pokemon CLOSER to Renamon. Almost a repaint of her.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry. I didn't know a picture of Lucario dressed up like a Playstation controller translated to "lets yiff".
Avatar sure is a ****ed up language.

But I'm glad I was wrong.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I really hope she becomes Top Tier, just so that dudebros like you have to deal with her.

I can't wait to play as her.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
The impact ZSS had was annoying (basement dwellers constantly perving over her) but it was to be expected.

Krystal would just cause an uncontrollable invasion of furries
And if by any (unlikely) chance you used her and weren't a creep, you'd have to deal with someone talking about having sex with animals each time you checked the boards.

As you can see, I REALLY don't want her in any Smash game. Ever.

Top Bottom