• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

FireFly

Smash Lord
kk its official come to my place
the usual 5pm till whenever
can order pizza or something if you guys like
BYOC

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Good thinking Terence. Although keep in mind that there will still be traffic once you get on the Moanalua Rd. on ramp. That is unless you leave at like 4 on the dot. Then it should be light traffic if any at all.

Way to step up and be the designated driver Terence. b^_^d.

One more day till I relocate to San Fran. After that it's only a matter of time. >_> Can't wait to be home.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Hooray, Wii finally came in the mail!!! Unfortunately, I'm informed of this news by my brother who is at my mom's house while I'm staying at my dad's >_>

FireFly

Smash Lord
good games everyone, shoyo you got a little bit better in melee but i wouldnt say youre the best :E

nah nah seriously good **** you aiight. i had my share of **** in brawl, b1tches. but **** convael is really good

Convael

Smash Rookie
gg guys, my friend showed everyone what olimar is made of, and it seems like someone wants to copy my falco already...haha

i had a really great time and hope to see more of you guys later

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Haha, thanks tom tom =F

You're still good at melee, but brawl's probably getting in the way for you. So melee is mine foo!
Your brawl marth is friggin good though argh

Good **** today. Had a good time
We did pretty good in teams today huh terence. Oh and thanks for the ride again

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
good games everyone, shoyo you got a little bit better in melee but i wouldnt say youre the best :E
Now the medicine man comes and he shuffles inside
He walks with a swagger and he says to the bride
"Stop all this weeping, swallow your pride
You will not die, it's not poison"

~tombstone blues, bob dylan

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
gg guys, my friend showed everyone what olimar is made of, and it seems like someone wants to copy my falco already...haha

i had a really great time and hope to see more of you guys later
your falco seems alright. but if everyone eats, sleeps, and work. would you say that they are copying you? no offense. and olimar is just an olimar. no offense again.

shoyo has been working hard to become the best. the only way possible is if tom actually retired from melee and et you have your prince crown. but becoming the best of a game no body cares about anymore is just kinda pointless. i think beating a rusty tom doesn't prove much. beating the prime tom is different though. no offense.

joel, once again you've left me food. thank you so much.

sometimes i think what i say is pretty offending, but adding no offense to pretty much everything i say makes me feel a bit better.

tonight was pretty good except the amount of stations. one reason why we need bobby for great fests. or eventually when i actually get a mini tv to set up a station in my room. but thanks joel for bring his mini tv so we could at least have 2 stations. imagine everyone hogging and waiting for the same tv...

last thought is in order to be truly good. i think you should be good in your game and keep up with the new stuff.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I can't really say I worked hard. I just play when there's a fest or on occasions when joel comes over so not really too often
It's not like I'm not trying to keep up with brawl, just that I don't have the game/wii so I can't really play it. Only time is at fests again, and I don't think i'm doing too bad of a job. And I don't think melee is a game no one cares about anymore. I actually like it better than brawl and others like joel and tom still play it(half half?). Melee is the game that I chose to play consistently and be good at, so i can't just give it up when I climbed to the top after a year. I really like this game
Oh btw, don't say the only way is if tom doesn't play. Tom wasn't that much better than me >__>
He's not as rusty as you make him out to be either. Just I was doing better and didn't get myself into situations that he handles well. ex shinespiking, ledge work

I bet I sound really cocky, but I'm just backing myself up

FireFly

Smash Lord
after bob comes back and stuff i think ill be more active in melee again since there are still quite a few people that want to play this game. theres a huge transition between the two games. you cant just jump from one mindset of the dumb downed game of brawl instantly to melee which is much faster and more complex. last time i played melee was the last fest (march 2nd) and ive been mainly been playing brawl straight. so of course im going to be rusty.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
convael and his friend ain't got nothing. nah joke, they sound like they're good. Well I played convael, he's pretty good....for a falco. His friend though, sounds like he's good too. Ya'll ain't know nothin of fighting olimar. Hey convael, come over sometime and bring your friend. I wanna see this "olimar" in action.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright. i think tom is better than shoyo because prime tom beats shoyo most of the time. and it was such a big gap between you two in skill level. you ***** a rusty tom last night doesn't prove much honestly.

watch, if tom practices melee again, and when he is ready, he is gonna beat you. i can put money on it.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Okay, but it's usually tom's day or my day. More wins to the person depending on the day
You really think there was a gap that big? Man, tom you gotta start playing more or something. Not that I play any more than you do

We should have a melee tourny. That brings out tom or something

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i know you two are up there. but you are still behind tom. i believe tom ***** you more than you did to him. if you wanna throw a tournament, that's fine. put up some money and get everyone together, bring tvs and systems. then we shall have one. if not, just practice more.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well I guess I know what I'm good for now. Bringing TVs. Thanks alot Terence. :pPP

Lol You guys and your egos. I'll be back on Weds so if anyone wants to play with me on Weds night let me know. I'm not talking wifi I'm talking face to face. I'm gonna be the best Brawler in Hawaii. You've been warned. ^^

And I will say this from playing not only all over Hawaii but on the mainland as well. Tom is the undisputed best melee player in Hawaii. End of story. I don't call him the champ just fo show.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright. that's nice thinking. what you think doesn't equal to reality nor what we think though. according to the hawaii power rankings, under several panels, shoyo is still under tom.

FireFly

Smash Lord
yay shoyo can finally beat tom when hes rusty. well so can anyone else. doesnt prove anything. i could go back to melee and continue ****** but theres no point because im already the best. or move to brawl where the actions at and leave shoyo in the dust

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
bobby, can you please tell me where you get your mini tvs from? i am looking for one so i can set up a station in my room and wire cables for my wii for online play. thanks.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
this is dex btw.

What's with all the hostility? You guys need to chill. Logically, if you're not the best right now, then someone else is. That's all there is to it. I'm not gonna judge who's better than who.

FireFly

Smash Lord
read my earlier post, im more rusty. good job, its the same thing as beating a wrestling champion in a wrestling match who is currently 80 years old. doesnt prove much

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Why don't you two just put down some money and settle this. Since both sides have confidence. And I'm not talking like dollah 5 dollah. I'm talking like 50 dollars. Set a date for it so both sides have time to prepare and then we'll be able to watch something interesting. lolz

T-man I got lucky with gamestop they had like the last mad catz tv. I don't know where you could find another. I've tried looking at all of the local electronics. Nothing like the mad catz.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
shoyo, i really don't get your who practices more logic. your prime is no where close to tom's prime. i think you are just trying to say that "oh, i practices less, but am still better." it's not how it works, everyone's different, some get rusty if they don't practice from time to time, and some just have more natural talent.

but it's the outcome we are looking at right now. tom at his best is way better than you at your best. and this is an apples to apples comparision because you two are currently the best. but i can't make an arguement saying that jose's prime is better than tom's prime or what not, because the time period is just so much apart. tom was and still ****** everyone before he plays brawl. i think that means something there. and before brawl came out, tom still has more wins over you.

you can say you are the best or whatever. it's not really legit because tom just backed down. you didn't really do much to show that you are the best. it's the exact same thing when ken, isai, azen butted out from tournaments and stuff and mew2king, pc, and chudat rose. it's the matter of who can stay for the longest. apparently, you are still into melee while tom has moved on to brawl.

when tom actually comes back to melee. he is still gonna **** your *** and **** you in the mouth and make you gag.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
And Tom traveled to the mainland/beat pros/cleared pools.

And yeah Tom I know you guys have done sets over and over, but if you both are willing, I'd like to see some high stakes.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I get your point terence, but you're just dwelling in the past. The time frame isn't that far apart. You're not looking at the outcome, but who was better before, more wins, etc. The outcome would be who's currently better without saying who's rusty. Basically at this point in time in this old thrown out game, I do better than tom who's also playing brawl. Correct?
I don't mind a set either. Tom you up?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
money match is not needed. match results is pretty much everything. from the past tom has been always one of the best and grew to become the best. he has won tournaments and placed pretty high at oc3. high amount of matches won against everyone in our community. this is the undisputed champion in hawaii.

in order for me to even believe shoyo is the best, he has to start beating tom for a good 6 to 9 months then i might consider a move up in the rankings.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i guess shoyo doesn't get it, in order to determine who's good and where they stand, you need to draw things back from the past. and of course rustiness counts. so you were better than tom friday night but tom doesn't even have the passion to play melee anymore. he is now in brawl and probably practices a lot more in brawl. now we are just back to the point where you beat a person who's retired, that's nothing much to be proud of. tom's got nothing to prove for hawaii in melee anymore.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Well, my goal isn't changing terence's great opinion, so for now we'll just get it over with by having a set? Best of 7 or something epic
It's not like we have a permanent rankings, so I can't really argue with terence anyway

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well, my goal isn't changing terence's great opinion, so for now we'll just get it over with by having a set? Best of 7 or something epic
It's not like we have a permanent rankings, so I can't really argue with terence anyway
Do it for money and I'll record it. I still say 50 bucks. Best of 11 sounds epic for 50 bucks lolz. Well normally in tournaments they play for thousands of dollars in a best of 11 but why not.

Gosh I'm so bored and no money to spend. No suitcase room to pack stuff either.

Good thing my friend Eric is coming tomorrow. Save my @$$ for one day. Please come soon WEDS!!!

Top Bottom