• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
heh.. mellow. i'm in honolulu but since the hospital is so awesome i didn't bring my wii... there's no wireless connection here. but i'll be out this weekend. anything happening?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Guess who's got wireless. ^.^ I wonder if it's wifi compatible.

Good luck to those that didn't pre register for the tournament which I'm assuming is almost if not all of you. It's $30.00 at the door and there's a chance that if you didn't pre register the attendance will be capped and you'll have to go home. Smash is obviously just a side dish to Halo.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
i thought wifi was only wireless o_O
Not all wireless internet networks are compatible with Nintendo wifi. And even more than that certain models of certain brands of routers are more likely to work.

Wifi no good with the hotels wireless. I'm sad.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
who wants to play brawl tmr at merc's house? i think he can have a few people over and i can pick up money for some gas money. i need answers asap.

Convael

Smash Rookie
hey guys, I'm new here lookin for some online play. I'll add anyone who wants to play online, need a populated friend list. If I haven't found your friend code and added it to my list already, give me a PM and I'll add it.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you live in wahiawa? I live in whitmore, which is still wahiawa, so yeah. Cool. Friend code's on the left. I'll add you tomorrow, or wednesday, or today, whatever.

Hey, first post too, welcome to hawaii smash. We are the best on the island, unofficially, but it might as well be official.

Oh and I noticed something about tom, he's using marth. What a piece of **** gotta use top ****ing tier characters to win. I hate these guys ---> Marth, ROB, Zelda. This list may get longer in the future.

Convael

Smash Rookie
Yea, i participated in the first Play n Trade melee tournament, which I think you won with G&W. I'm pretty sure that you're the same Dexter that my brother Matt knows too, but I don't think he talked to you much after high school.

FireFly

Smash Lord
no no you have it mixed up he did not win the tournament, but he was g-dub

gg eugene your toon link is really good and smart but i never lost to it lol

Darkmusician

Smash Master
im thinking about maining ROB and Zelda. wifi tomorrow dex?
Get off my Princess. :p

Nah nah wow seriously I don't think I've ever seen you play Zelda in Melee. Actually it'd probably be a good thing if you starting using Zelda. I'd probably end up learning stuff from you.

Omg I hate hotel rooms. I never get a good nights sleep there.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
is there a smashfest this friday at tom's?

if so, i'll probably be going. oh and convael if you want to go i could probably pick you up (just would need directions as to where in wahiawa you live)

<< dexter(AGX)'s bro (aka the nooby sheik or kid killer at the PnT tourney)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
For Melee that would be Firefly. That's pretty undisputed.

I would like to think I'm one of if not the best player, but I wouldn't know yet because
1. I haven't played everyone enough yet like Eugene, Rob, Merc (people I think are really really up there)
2. There haven't been enough tournaments nor time for the game to develop yet.

ZkO

Smash Cadet
well in melee i think it is firefly(tom). but i dont think we have any decision as to who is top in brawl since that is new'ish, and we havent had any chance to do much live matches.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey Jeff when I come back I'm coming up to Wahiawa to play with you and Dex. I might bring Merc if he's free. What evenings are good for you two?

There will be future tournaments. I suggest that you go online to the local gaming companies like Da Circle, Da Planet, ToysnJoys and Gamestop. They shell out news all the time. Checking here is okay but if you really want to know everything that's going on I suggest that.

Before tournaments why not come to a smash fest? Most of us take friendlies as seriously as tournament matches anyways. Most of the time.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Soranaka and Terence both live in Kalihi. That's also not too big of a deal for me to go to either. Also if you really don't want to drive I'll give you a lift to Kapolei. I think if all of us can get together that would be cool.

Superman Ninja

Smash Rookie
Im not too sure about getting a lift by strangers...where do you live darkmusician maybe i can stop by your house and do a 1vs1, once i get to know you better i will accept the lift.

Convael

Smash Rookie
anyone up for some online smash tonight? add my friend code and tell me urs, ill be around till around midnight, leave a msg on the forum or my aim SN: Convael

FireFly

Smash Lord
k i need to play some new people, i will play you in like 5 mins, friend code to the left <-=-

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
no problem shoyo, because at least you paid. i agree tonight was very fun. merc was mostly beasting and joel had his turn at the end with wario. team practices was really great too. there's always new insights for brawl each time i play.

i think ROB reallly suits shoyo because he likes gimping people like a little ***** and gets punished for it. i think right now everyone can learn every character. this stay off my character thing is kinda lame even though you guys are just joking around. we should all learn from each other. merc's metaknight opened my asian eyes after ****** mine so hard.

thanks joel for the apple pie. it meant a lot to me.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
you're welcome for the pie. so nice and warm. and soft.

tonight was fun. thanks merc and terence.

merc is so good. i think the fastest way to get good is playing against him.

i think i'm going to main either pikachu or sheik. wario is so funny though.

superman, my name is joel. there aren't really any fests anywhere outside of kapolei, (i don't think recently anyway) but if you want to stop by or have something at your place, then let me know. terence might be able to come by too.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Yay, bobby's coming over! He will see we gots betster at brawl. No laggy wifi. AND OH GOD!!! You guys using ROB. WTF! It's like melee where everyone goes to like marth, shiek or fox/falco. Hey superninja, how about you guys grab like lunch or something together just to meet once, then you'll feel more comfortable, or not. We are all really nice guys, who like smash bros...and men. Well, tom likes men anyways. OH SNAP!

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
mains are overated.
but one things for sure is marth is a queer that i fear. :(
ugh tom your still a beast (beastard)
and does merc even go on smashboards anymore?
i want his friend code too!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I told you guys. I called it from looong time ago. Aiea is gonna own at Brawl.

I knew Merc would get beast at this game. What a great neighbor. :]

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Spring break finally starts tonight wootz, please add my friend code if any of you didnt add mine yet, I really need to get some practice with other people I haven't played before, I'll be on tonight.

Top Bottom