• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Nice Tom. Luigi is in there as well. Although the gimpyfish video is kinda old already. Well I don't have alot of homework so you know.

Also...guess who's ready to show you his moves!!!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8733/vipper61541pw2.jpg

I am in the beginnings of planning/hosting a Brawl tournament this summer. It's still in the works so don't ask me anything too specific. And yes, I will be inviting people from the Mainland. Since I've been traveling alot recently, I hope to score some big names.

I am undecided on wether or not I want to include Melee yet or not. But it's still a possibility. Again this is in the works and I'll let you know when I confirm a venue/interest from Out of State People.

Of course there's other issues. We'll see how this plays out. ^_O>

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Hey joel, sorry again. Next time I won't call unless I'm dead sure. My bad

Bobby, I'm sure the mainlanders would appreciate a melee tourny as well. I mean why not if they're flying they're *** all the way down here? I'm sure most of us won't be so used to brawl and would have a more competitive event with a melee tourny. Just a thought

Darkmusician

Smash Master
falcos in brawl too
Game and Watch CONFIRMED
Falco indeed CONFIRMED
Toon Link (replacing young link) CONFIRMED
Robot aka ROB CONFIRMED
Jigglypuff (visually) CONFIRMED
Star Wolf CONFIRMED (i think)

So the roster is finished at 35. Or so they say. Nothing is final final yet.

FireFly

Smash Lord
xbox live has online tournaments but im not sure how reliable it is
lag, time difference, controlling 100+ people online at the same time, etc.

FireFly

Smash Lord
anyone have a japanese wii they want to give me? brawl just came out :(

Smashfest my house Friday 5pm - 12pm be there

OH btw, BIG news, some friends and i got felix nominated for the jr prom king. he better win i swear. dont mention it to him at all, its going to be a big surprise at school

Darkmusician

Smash Master
anyone have a japanese wii they want to give me? brawl just came out :(

Smashfest my house Friday 5pm - 12pm be there
DUDE!!! I was considering buying a Japanese Wii but my friend at Toysnjoys said it'll cost me 400 dollars for the system alone. I'll wait a month.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
doa4 is available online, and as far as i know is relatively lag free. but live tournaments are so different from online ones (matches in general) that if someone wins online the response is something like "that's great and all, but it doesn't prove anything."

online all games have lag, which is probably the biggest thing. the atmosphere of live tournaments (especially the pressure) also makes a big difference. like if anyone saw the move the king of kong then yeah, same stuff applies here.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
doa4 is available online, and as far as i know is relatively lag free. but live tournaments are so different from online ones (matches in general) that if someone wins online the response is something like "that's great and all, but it doesn't prove anything."

online all games have lag, which is probably the biggest thing. the atmosphere of live tournaments (especially the pressure) also makes a big difference. like if anyone saw the move the king of kong then yeah, same stuff applies here.
Ya, it's the atmosphere and the people that make live tournaments the greatest thing.

Imagine if we did all of our "Jose fests" online.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Star wolf!? I haven't checked smashbros.com in a couple of months, but maybe I should check now. Man I love the star fox characters. More spacies ftw!

Sometimes I wish melee had online, but yeah. Having no online makes melee pretty **** awsome with the interactions that go on between smashers and such

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ya, and now the boards are flooded with scrubs complaining about the game. Most of whom joined within the last half a year.

I honestly don't care who could've been in the roster and who shouldn't. I mean we got 15 new characters. That's more than what we started with in SSB 64.

And just for the record I am very excited to see Lucario. He looks so awesome....and cute. ^_O>

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
tom's house this friday eh?
Sorry, guys, darn!!! I get all "Oh, I'm gonna go, garanz" and crap, and I can't make!

Sorry, seriously, I can't make it.

Nah joke, I coming!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
"Can't let you do that Star Fox!" bwahahahahaha

lolz

More than anything I wanna try Lucario, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, and Meta Knight.

People complain about all the Star Fox chars being clones but I'm POSITIVE that they will all be played much differently. If you look at Falco and Fox in Melee. They played so differently. I would call them clones only at a glance.

FireFly

Smash Lord
then pretty much the closest clones are doc and mario in melee i think

nicks not coming tomorrow

FireFly

Smash Lord
anyone want to play in my movie? i need a scene with a bunch of extras standing around in a room really quick

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If it won't take long, just do it at the fest. Bob, is it alright if I get a ride again?
It's fine. I'll call you when I'm coming. If you don't answer after 3 times I'm just gonna go. Seems to be the standard anyways.

Just FYI I do have school stuff on Sat. so I'll be leaving Tom's house early. Maybe by 10pm or so. So if you wanna stay hopefully Masta will be coming. I hope Joel can make it too. I didn't play him at all in a while.

Anyways, that means that I'll only be smashing for about 3-3 1/2 hours. With traffic and what not we'll be lucky to get there by 6:30-7. So if you feel that 3 hours isn't worth it, lemme know. Again this is if Terence isn't going. But y'know just something to think about.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Cool cool.

New hawtness for brawl. lolz Seriously I'd like to rely on other characters besides Zelda. Who knows, I may use her exclusively in tournaments though. lolz

Also, somehow all of the smashers in Texas think I'm a girl. I wonder if they find me hot. >_>

FireFly

Smash Lord
idk if were allowed to bother them or if theyre doing a signing session or what, but i can try

FireFly

Smash Lord
ohh i was really energetic because i was playing rockband earlier with my friends.
felix looked so drained lol

Top Bottom