• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Slow? Shouldn't things be going more smoothly then?
Tom, we're too slow for bobs =(
I wasn't really trying in singles. Well I kinda start trying when I played Terence. That was fun. But overall I didn't really care wether I lost or how badly I lost. Just one of those nights.

You can say whatever you want, but I feel that mainland players really do play a whole lot faster than we do. (and much smarter) It's most noticeable with Fox and Falco and to some extent Marth. If you really want to understand, then you'll have to make the effort to travel like I did. Oc3 was okay, but Dan 2 was special because I had the chance to do nothing but play for over 48 hours. (that's not even counting the tournament) It was a real eye opener.

More smoothly? Maybe if I was playing someone that was actually good. Like Fox or Sheik. But that does not match my play style.

Basically (it's not meant to sound cocky or whatever) playing singles felt slow. And me screwing around probably didn't help, but it's all in good fun so I don't really mind. Again I didn't sand bag on purpose. It just happened.

Edit: Also Shoyo you and Tom are the two best players atm. Your fox dominates majority of the time. So I don't think you need to worry about anything.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I already did. They're focused only on Brawl. They already came to me for suggestions and questions. I'll take a look at the link to see if they took my advice.

I'll send them a message asking about it. Hopefully I'll get some answers.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
We'll most likely meet new people when Brawl comes out due to the huge flood of people waiting to play it competitively. Crews will probably change drastically.

I don't know about crews, but so far the people that approached me about playing Brawl include Merc, Jeff, Dex and Matt.

FireFly

Smash Lord
in case you didnt get the memo, fest is at joses tonight
spoke with him in person this morning so its a direct confirmation this time lol

FireFly

Smash Lord
nah you got to play a little bit atleast
good **** ****

edit: why does no one take my jiggs seriously

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
i was supposed to meet my friend at ala moana, but got cancelled. i was kinda bummed, but ended up just going home.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
i was supposed to meet my friend at ala moana, but got cancelled. i was kinda bummed, but ended up just going home.
False hope is a dirty motha.

Ended up playing Merc for about 4 hours. Rackin up the footagez. lolz

Some crazy good matches. I'll post some laters.

Top Bottom