• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
ok just got home from work and finished reading the other comments and **** so here goes my shout outs i guess lol

yay i got second place.... i dont really care wat i got cause i never thought i'd place that high lol was an honor playing tom in the finals but i would liked it if it was nick instead (cause the match were i send him to the losers bracket didnt feel like a win to me >.<) dthrow knee ftw always for tom lawlers but ey 50 bucks save that **** for pokemon diamond eyyyyyy

well im proud of you guys placing real high there was good matches that i watched.
Andrew with your 7 shines
Rodney with the big upset knocking out merc from the tourny at losers bracket
The stock for stock match with Nick and Merc falco ditto
that intense Gwatch and Zelda match ending up just fighting for the ledge to win
nice try oshiro with the up Bs lol
Kaz for placing high even tho he dont play as much
Joel and Arvin rocking the booty
shoyo sry bout the upthrow rest DI that next time lol but way to beat Andrew woot woot
JLEE U MOFOKAH YOU ACTUALLY SHOWED FACE I WAS SURPRISED!!!!!!
didnt get to see eugene or bryan play T.T
the other waipahu smashers..... you guys are so funny
jeff the friendly we did was fun lol
think elson should have went yoshi lol

was a great day.... i was mentally out of it after that tourny... guess i gots no stamina for those long tournies lol >.> and i worked right after that... that was no fun. you guys saw me with the camera today meaning yes im making a montage of this tourny woot woot cause jeremy wants a copy of it to send to the mainland (ya jeremy is the owner of the store). i will be uploading the footage to mycomp asap meaning wen i get my day off T.T which is on thurs grrrrrrr

rating the tourny: 8
all in all it was good. give them a break tho it was there second tourny and they never thought they would have a huge turn out... i mean come on the sign in sheet was only up for 2 weeks. missing out 30 ppl and the bracket system crashing, no tourny is ever perfect. changing it from best 2 of 3 to just single win was there choice due to the time thing, i would have done the some thing i mean come on we ending almost at 6 and we started at wat... 12? (were they restarted the first time) if we went best 2 of 3 it would have given maybe 2 hours more and me and nick had to go work lol. but hey we get to pick the rules now next toury eyyyy. and OMFG DUUUUDDDEEE standing the whole time wrecked my knees T.T

no results thread because im lazy >.< and a thread just to make shout outs.... lol nah jut make it here hawaii aint that important to the mainland lawlers.

anouncements:
no smash this week we work a night event at the waterpark.... its a wedding party.... thingy or watever its called so take a break from smash this week gang lol start up again next week.
if you guys want a poweranking then be my guess... im not doing it tho some take charge of that

and....

wens the next dodgeball lol.... hope that big dude comes again lol Eugene and Rodney knows who im talking about lol

HayatoKanzaki

Smash Cadet
any date estimations on video releases?

and Tom wtf, taping my first losing match. shoulda tape the matches were i wtfp00nNomercy the little kids. :p

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
haha andrew's 7 shines.... but yeah the tourney was good. yeah, shouldve taped the style points match with that wierd kid i thought was a girl cause he had long hair and he was blonde and wearing blue....in a nutshell...gay? heh, jk

.........................i just found something out on my own.....old or new...i dont care...i found it on my own......

run -> shine -> shine turnaround -> shffl or full jump back air....

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Dude andrew. You were seriously messin with that guy...girl whatever. lolz That kid was soooo pissed. Guess that person thought that he/she had some skillz. But then again as terence said, everyone must put down some money with some amount of confidence that they are good. But we showed them. There were some other crews but we had by far the largest and had the best players.

I think it's great how everyone cheered for eachother. Thanks to everyone who rooted for me. Next time when it's two out of three it'll be different. (johns) And thank you Frankie for the back rub after I got eliminated. It felt good. ^_^

Edit: Oh yeah! I am now on spring break and I wanna smash smash smash! If anyone within the sound of my typing wants to go, then we go battle!!!

Thumbs up on us getting to choose the rules next tourny! b^_^d

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Speaking of Shirts Jeff and I were talking about making JGC T-shirts. Is anyone else up for it? Cause I have connections in the trumpet section at UH. We do make our own section shirts every year afterall. ^^ So I might be able to do something.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
wow for the first turnyi ever been to it was kool!!! i was so sad though and happy at the same time... i think i pissed people off though and that little kid that was swearing like craze when shoyo was f-ing with him was lawlers...

the only thing that was junk was that the when they made a mistake the firs time i had a bye... then when it restarted i had a bye again... then when i finally got to play i match i was so excited that i could finnaly unleash the link but it was this little 5 yearold kid... so i picked dk and killed myself three times but still won.... and then came to joel.... **** peaches haha i was shakeing the whole match and wasent even relly ready for a real match but i was hppy i won but my teeth were chattering.... and then i played a shiek... "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" those things are anoying!!!!!!!!!! omg its like dash atack f-air or grab tils ohh noo aaaa stop ouch *******!!!! and then it came to tom i was expecting him to play fox so i could try some combos and stuff like whati did on shoyo!!!!! hehe i got the last laugh son!!!!!!!!!!!! but he used sheik again.... punk.... grrrr anyways anyone wanna play smash on monday b4 4 though and tuesday b4 6 though and wendsday i dunno what time i gotta leave and turs b4 4 and fryday i g2g haircut prom saturday w00t!!!!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sounds like a lot of you guys were crazy nervous at the tourney in close matches, sounds intense haha

you should have more, many many more.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Hahah, yeah, nice match Bryan. imma tech next time...But dude, that kid was crazy! Swearing at me the whole time and whatnot. Hahah, that was like the best sandbag ever. But dam Bryan, you wanna play like every friggin day. I'm up if you're gonna come town side. I might go down after camp, which I might go later today. Gonna be back Monday.

No smashfest this week! Awww, last week of springbreak and then. Wanted to play one last time with everyone before I got back school.

Overall good tourny. The first brackets were way better, but whatever, still fun. Losing first match was a downer, but no matter. Did really good in the loser bracket till Merc. They need chairs! Think they said they might do the tourny at that center place where the Mililani chess club was playing chess next time if can. They'll get chairs if we do. Ho bah, so friggin tired. Waiting to play in a tourny is so tiring. Standing up the whole time and the pressure got me so drained. Still tired today. Next tourny, Imma be more ready, and hope I don't get one fever and stomach ache. Good experience, and JGC ownage. GO JGC!

Bobby, the shirts sound pretty cool. If we go again and we all wore that same shirt, it'll look epic or something. I'm up for it. And the poster thing, my Fox will be the one in my sig. Just right click view image or whatever. I can make it smaller if its too big. And Kiba X for the tag.

Whoot, essay finished!

J*Lee

Smash Cadet
good **** everyone. i had no idea there were so many good people. and so many not so good people. I gotta get better somehow. i still don't fully understand parts of the game and how to DI correctly. hopefully i can get a hold of Playerone so i can session with you guys sometime.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
just for your information playerone kind of dissappear already. so if you need rides and stuff better ask somebody else. come more to jose's garage is how you get better.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
The tournament was fun, but kinda stresssful and really tiring.

I didn't mind standing while playing. It made playing more fun, kinda like being all-in in poker.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Oshiro, wth? lol

Oh yeah Joel, the pep band got to play some Texas Hold um with the UH basket ball team. I got eliminated by Ahmet Gueye. Stupid Queen/6 to Queen 9. >_< Nah, but he's a very cool guy.

And what Terence said. "Come more to Joses garage is how you get better." lolz That's why we dominated the tourny. I will definately be back for the next one. In all proabability it'll be not as crowded. AND I'm bringing my own fold up stool. lolz

I propose we arrange another crew battle! Kapolei vs Non-Kapolei!!! No need record um or anything, but I think it would be an interesting rematch. Esspecially since most of us have improved since the last one.

Oh yeah, Oshiro! We need to have our noob marth ditto next time. And I wouldn't mind a Roy ditto either. Cause he has fire. lolz

Leoneri

Smash Ace
What were the Falcos like at the tourney? I want to be Hawaii's Falco >_>.

Also, when is the next tourney going to happen if any of you know?

And is everybody going to Jose's garage this Friday? Maybe I can figure out a way to get up there. How far is the place from Hickam AFB?

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Crew battle rematch ftw!

Haha, Hawaii's Falco...Good luck man. There's already 4 good Falcos fighting for that spot.

Next tourny=next month
Next josefest=not this week. Maybe following week?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
What were the Falcos like at the tourney? I want to be Hawaii's Falco >_>.

Also, when is the next tourney going to happen if any of you know?

And is everybody going to Jose's garage this Friday? Maybe I can figure out a way to get up there.
First to answer your question about the tourny, it'll be happening once a month until Super Smash Brawl comes out. Also, I was talking with the guy in charge and he said they will be expanding on Oahu, so more stores means more tournies.

Second, there will be no smashfest at Jose's house. He has work that night.

Third if you want to be Hawaii's Falco, you'll have to go through (4) Scott, (3)Terence, (2)Merck, and (1)Nick. All of them are crazy good!!! (And no Terence, I'm not just saying this. You have really improved son!) ^_^ You'll understand how good they are when you play them, as we all have.

If anyone wants to challenge me for the title of Hawaii's Zelda, I'm up for it anytime. AND NO BANKAIS!!! *looks at Jeff* : P lolz

Leoneri

Smash Ace
I've never seen a good Zelda play, seems to be a shortage. Got a video of your Zelda?

If I can figure out how to post videos with a digital camera (a regular digital camera thats mainly meant for pictures) i'll post a video of my Falco, but i've only been playing Falco seriously for a week or two, and i've noticed huge improvement.

And what about my question on how close is it to Hickam AFB?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well, I should have some now since Frankie and Tom recorded a couple of my matches yesterday. Although I think the best way would be to play me whenevers you can.

I can assure you that Tom did not dub me Hawaii's Zelda just because nobody else cares to play her. I can bring it.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
I never questioned you being Hawaii's Zelda :p, i've just never seen a good Zelda. Got a new controller, my old one's L button seemed to be getting unresponsive, which would mean no l-cancelling, wavedashing, or practicing waveshining. I just hope it's good quality, I haven't used it yet. I have nobody decent to play in the area, my friends seem to think press L up down will make you into an invincible Shadow Luigi and that wavedashing is stupid.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
he plays like azen, which uses f-smash a lot. he doesn't chain grab either against space animals, he just up tilts.
Actually, if you guys mean the slightly blonde asian dude with his friend, he does chaingrab with Marth. He sucks at it though. Hahah. I only saw him succeed 3 times in a row and I watched him a few times. Maybe he was sandbagging, Idk, but yeah, 3 in a row was max that I saw. He was better than anything I expected from the "people I don't know".

J*Lee

Smash Cadet
i think that nolan guy who played marth was probably the best that we didnt know
Nolan sent me to loser's bracket. I don't know if anyone was watching our match but it was pretty close. i kept teching into that one spot in pokemon stadium where if you get stuck near the edge where the border of the field ends. he did throw to tipper and i lost.

that sucks that playerone doesn't play anymore cause i don't know of anyone else that is willing to pick me up from Kaneohe.

If anyone wants to bring me to jose's garage then just post up.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I never questioned you being Hawaii's Zelda :p, i've just never seen a good Zelda.
Lolz Yeah I know. ^^ I do wish there were more Zelda players out there to get help and tips from. And I really hope that Zelda is included in the line up for Brawl.

Yeah the Marth guy was alright. Even Tom's friend from school Matt Hunter was alright too. He plays a really lame sheik. ( No offense ) But seriously, becuase they haven't been to Joses Fests, they have no idea what competition is. Totally different metagame.

Dinner is almost ready. Sukiyaki and tempura.... mmmmm.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Again, good job everyone for doing well at the tourney.
Frankie, get the vid up asap man! Please don't get lazy like on previous attempts.
Oh and tom, what's the word on your bday smash party?

Oh yeah, and bobby, we should come up with designs for the JGC shirts and vote which one we'll use.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
heh i cant be lazy like last time cause jeremy wants a copy of the vid to send to the mainland

and yes there will be no smashfest this week cause jose and me work friday night

Leo ill upload the Merc and Nick falco ditto tonight so you can see how they play their falco

and im Hawaii's Jiggs and i gots the balls to prove it to you

Jlee **** man all the way to kaneohe.... ill figure something out >.>

and i knocked Nolan to the losers bracket ^^ marth > captain / shiek > falco > fox is the rank i rather play againts lol

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah I agree Dex. I'm gonna consult with one of my friends on how to use photoshop to its fullest extent to make an uber wallpaper.

And I need to design a shirt design for the JGC. I was thinking maybe a cool logo on the front and all of our names on the back. Or we can use our gamer tags. I kinda have a logo thought out. lolz Shirt color will probably be black or white.

And since there is no fest this week, I'll say UH fest maybe. Since i know there won't be any school this week, can you guys hit me up with your work schedules and stuff please?

Yeah what Dex said. What's the good word on the birthday bash? =D

Oh and pleeeease somebody tell me that they recorded Zelda vs Game and Watch!!! onegai...

Imo the greatest moments in the tournament were...
1. Oshiros Roy counter on Frankies Jiggs
2. Rodneys Ganon up air ledge spike on Mercks Falco
3. Andrews shining 7-8 times in 2 seconds with Fox
4. Final ledge battle moments between Dexters G Dub and my Zelda
5. Frankies up throw rest with Jiggs on Shoyos Fox

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
I made a mistake too that match, the one up+b I didn't reverse was supposed to be reversed... would've been a kill^^

Also, doing that counter was incredibly scary because Roy's counter lasts for only like, half a second and Frank's rollout would have murdered me if I missed it, cause I would've been DI'ing down >.>

EDIT: When are you uploading are match? :D

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
haha, wow...its 8 shines now? haha.

well...im not hawaii's fox, but im hawaii's style points =)

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Ping Ping said:
Leo ill upload the Merc and Nick falco ditto tonight so you can see how they play their falco
Cool, thanks. My new controller sucks. All of the buttons you have to mash down to work, which means no shorthopping and the shoulder buttons are positioned horribly, I can't get a wavedash down with thme 99.9% of the time :/.

I've been wondering this for a bit. Are you all a crew?

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
kapolei has its own crew...
the rest of them is thinking of making a jose garage crew for the tournies....
uploading the matches to my comp as i post this

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
Theres two crews, Kapolei and Anti-Kapolei :chuckle:

Also, for tourneys, whats wrong with JGC?

Top Bottom