• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hardest game

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
What is the hardest game u have ever played? the hardest game i ever played was probably the 8-bit mario the very first one and the 16-bit sonic the very first one.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't there like a Star Trek game for the Super Nintendo or something that was literally impossible to beat because your character could not make a jump across a platform?

Oh yeah, and SNK vs. Capcom for the DS. Unavoidable glitch freezes your game on the 9th floor of New Game+ so you can't get the true ending.

So much for playtesting these things, huh?

~rh

Smash Lord
^ I was just about to say that. That game really pissed me off.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Castlevania II was such a frustrating game for me. The concept was simple enough. Go from town to town, collect info, whip monsters, collect items, move on, but the situations often became unnecessarily complex at times and I would sit there wondering "how the **** was I supposed to figure that out?" <----Didn't buy strategy guide

The game was difficult to endure and the end boss was equally difficult to accept. I collected numerous body parts to summon a weak version of Dracula? I had to make Victor Frankenstein's monster look like a grade school science project by comparison in order to summon a version of Dracula who could be whipped silly before the fight even began? Jesus Christ.

It wouldn't have been so bad if Dracula hadn't been a total wimp. :urg:

This game was both tedious and disappointing thereby making it one of the hardest games you'll ever play. You'll find its difficult to finish a game you'll want to put down after the first few hours. Possible to beat? Yes. Possible to bear? Well that depends on you. :p

I won't harp on this game anymore than I already have though, since it laid the foundation for SotN, which is one of the few positive things it can be credited for. :chuckle:

That said, I'll just label this particular gem a necessary evil and be done with it.

S2

Smash Lord
Probably Devil May Cry 3, still trying to finish DMD mode.

"Hard' should be clarified though.

Some games are legitimately difficult. Others are labeled as "hard" simply due to poor programming and unresponsive control.

Something like Ninja Gaiden is legitimately just a challanging game. As opposed to certain old NES games that are hard due to the controls not working or programmning glitches and such. Many NES games were hard because they were rushed out by poor developers without playtesting.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Shmups.

R-Type, Gradius, Darius. You name it.

And there was this Fantasia game for the Genesis. It was so unfairly hard, all fun was drained away. Even emulated it's ridiculous. There are tons of enemies and not enough magic. After the second level, I had no idea where to go. I just gave up. It's boring anyway.

The hardest thing I ever beaten in a game was in GTA: San Andreas during the mission where you had to shoot delivery boys with a toy plane. I've beaten Devil May Cry 3 on Dante Must Die! mode and God of War 2 on Titan mode and they're nowhere as tough as this mission.

Spire

III
BRoomer
80's games were amongst the hardest of games ever made - especially the arcade games. They were made for you to lose so you would keep pumping in quarters. Think "Noah's Arcade".

drcossack

Smash Ace
ghost n goblins was but although i find final fantasy very intresting
It took me 12 years to beat Final Fantasy - obviously I wasn't playing it every day for those 12 years though. :)

Metroid, the original nintendo entertainment system game. ...I gave up XD
Metroid. *shudder* I've only beaten it with Passwords.

Ninja Gaiden 8 bit
*Gets to World 6*

*Dies to one of the 3 final bosses*

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! ****IT! I ****ING HATE THIS GAME!

*turns it off*

NukeA6

Smash Master
Have any of ya played Super Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back? That game is ridiculously hard. It makes Contra 3 look like Yoshi's Story.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Lol, Ghosts 'n Goblins is not that hard...

The hardest game I've ever played must be something like Rygar or Ikari Warriors to the NES.

Sensai

Smash Master
I consider myself a pretty intense, and pretty serious, gamer. I tend to blow through most platformers with ease. I say this so that these following games will TRULY strike fear into your hearts.

Kid Icarus (which I eventually beat...but the first few levels are really difficult.)
Metroid (simply because you can't save. Still working on it.)
The original Ninja Gaiden (I am AT THE END, but dammit it's hard.)
Battletoads on the NES (probably 'cause I was just a kid, haven't played it in about 12 years.)
SMB: The Lost Levels (I eventually got this down to an artform, being able to beat it in world record time [10 minutes])

Will probably add more as I come to them.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Have any of ya played Super Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back? That game is ridiculously hard. It makes Contra 3 look like Yoshi's Story.
Super Star Wars was still however very enjoyable
I haven't beaten ANY of the classic Star Wars SNES titles. In SSW, I can get to the Death Star Trench. I get pwned by Bespin in ESB. In RoTJ, I've never been able to escape the Death Star.

I consider myself a pretty intense, and pretty serious, gamer. I tend to blow through most platformers with ease. I say this so that these following games will TRULY strike fear into your hearts.

Kid Icarus (which I eventually beat...but the first few levels are really difficult.)
Metroid (simply because you can't save. Still working on it.)
The original Ninja Gaiden (I am AT THE END, but dammit it's hard.)
Battletoads on the NES (probably 'cause I was just a kid, haven't played it in about 12 years.)
SMB: The Lost Levels (I eventually got this down to an artform, being able to beat it in world record time [10 minutes])

Will probably add more as I come to them.
Agreed on Metroid, NG, and Battletoads - I had a hard time with level 1 of 'Toads when I played it on Facebook a few months ago. Never played KI

NG: I can get to Jaquio without continuing, but I usually die to him. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take your Ninja Power away after beating Ryu's Father.

Metroid: Metroid World Map - I suppose I'll get around to beating it legitimately someday. :)

Ganon007

Smash Cadet
Devil May Cry 3 on DMD mode was hard (haven't beat it yet) Resident Evil 4 on PRO, it was very very entertaining though. It made it feel like the older games. Guitar Hero was hard because I bought GH2 first so the hammer ons were hard to do on expert.That GTA mission Nuke was talking about is also hard. GOW2 on titan was hard but incredibly fun. Dont even get me started on Ninja Gaiden >_>

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Marios time machine. It both wins worst game and hardest game. It was really hard for me being a canadian so I know little about american history. I had to use the internet to beat it.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Ugh... I already made one Zelda 2 post today. Still hardest game ever. Period. Don't die 3 times.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
Zelda ll was hard but i eventually beat it. The only game i have never beaten ever would be Saga Frontier for the PS1. Your characters had to be near perfect stats or had perfect stats to beat any final boss!

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Original Metroid. Original Super Mario Bros. Thank God they made the games of today easier than the classics. Most of the hard games listed here were old NES games.

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree that almost all 8-bit games and 16-bit games have got to have been the hardest and oddly some of the funnest

Top Bottom