• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Happy Cult (previously 'The EarthBounders')

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I'm just messing around, like I said. You seriously need to lighten up. These clans are just for fun, you don't need to make it some big serious thing. I want to go to war with Lucas and suddenly every Lucas player is on my ***. I give up, you guys win, gawd.

Also, just because I don't like using the yoyos you think are so fantastic doesn't mean you should insult my Ness. And 'missing some important things' isn't an insult. If I wasn't missing any important things then my Ness wouldn't need improvement.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps I overreacted. But I'm telling you, it's bothering a lot of people, not just me.

Please, just cut out the Lucas bashing thing. I'll try not to launch into Lucas comparisons at every turn. I just like talking about both of them, and I do the same thing in the Lucas boards. I'll cool it down, though.

I think your Ness is quite good, by the way. Difference in play styles, and I still think it could benefit from certain things ... but I didn't really mean to insult. For what it's worth, my Lucas reflects my character, too--much too defensive and nervous about being close in conflicts. ;)

*End tangent*

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever bashed Lucas. Point of fact, I respect his PKTs killing power and PK Freeze's spam capacity, in addition to his many other capabilities. I've contemplated team strategies for a Ness/Lucas. I just don't believe Ness and Lucas players should ally together in a Smashboards capacity due to the fact that people will always compare them

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Aevin;407338 I think all this negativity is making the Ness boards an unfriendly place. I've seen few Lucas players antagonizing. All the hatred seems to be coming from this end. It's quite childish. The characters are very different said:
There's a reason the only in-depth Brawl Ness guide on Smashboards is posted in the Lucas forums.[/SIZE]
I don't know who you are, but you're probably my new favorite person on these boards.
^_^

EDIT: whoa, I didn't see this whole other page of posts @_@

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I've ever bashed Lucas. Point of fact, I respect his PKTs killing power and PK Freeze's spam capacity, in addition to his many other capabilities. I've contemplated team strategies for a Ness/Lucas. I just don't believe Ness and Lucas players should ally together in a Smashboards capacity due to the fact that people will always compare them
OHH! Now it makes sense. That last sentence explains it all. It's like Lucario and Mewtwo, were he back, allying. Nevermind, I get it now. You make a lot more sense to me, now.

EB08

Levitas

the moon
lol, I want to incite conflict between lucas and Ness. It'd be ironic, because those are the two characters that I've been planning on maining for a while now.

However, I think this is more of a retaliation from the brawl noobs (And for some reason, Ademisk) dating back to the "Up until now" days, when you were attacked for simply saying that Ness wasn't necessarily out.

While I say that I'm an antagonist here, you have to recognize that I was the one to suggest an alliance between Ness and Lucas clans (despite the fact that I can't for the life of me figure out what they exist to do).

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'd be willing to defend anyone from the lucas boards that also wan't to post here from the "Ademisk menace" (LOL) as long as they're not *******s like bentobox. Seriously, he like came here at least 30 time just to tell us that we're wrong (regardless of the fact that ademisk and I have played it) and Ness sucks. Who does that? I mean besides Gimpyfish in melee...

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
However, I think this is more of a retaliation from the brawl noobs (And for some reason, Ademisk) dating back to the "Up until now" days, when you were attacked for simply saying that Ness wasn't necessarily out.
I was one of those people, btw. Seems like I'm attacked for saying he's in, then attacked for saying he isn't obviously superior to Lucas. I guess I learn to deal with it.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
I was one of those people, btw. Seems like I'm attacked for saying he's in, then attacked for saying he isn't obviously superior to Lucas. I guess I learn to deal with it.
Luke Groundwalker was the WORST when it came to Ness debates. If you look up any conversations about Ness on the Serebii Forums Brawl thread, it usually included Luke and me (PhantomTeddiursa over there). I always said Ness was still in (heck, my first SmashBoards post was explaining why he WILL be in).
BTW, I prefer Ness over Lucas. I'm planning on maining both, but I will always prefer the Silent Pimp that is Ness. Both have their strengths, both have weaknesses. For instance, I absolutely adore PK Freeze, but I have very good luck with PK Flash, so therefore I can't decide which I prefer. Ness is more aerials oriented, though, while both have very consistent Smash attacks. I think Ness might be superior Specials-wise, simply because of PK Fire, PK Thunder, AND PK Flash (PSI Magnet is alright, I guess). Lucas, though, has him beat in PK Thunder and PSI Magnet, IIRC. Doesn't his Magnet have better knockback? And his PK Thunder goes through people, which is very nice...you won't believe how many times I die in Melee as Ness because someone's in the way of my PK Thunder. But when it comes to PK Freeze and PK Flash, there's no competition; Flash is better for KOs. I did see a video of Freeze, though, and the opponent was frozen for a really long time...about as long as a Freezie.

[/rant]

EB08

Ademisk

Smash Champion
SEE! COMPARING THEM, AGAIN! My life is a failure.

Also, I seem to be doing things I normally wouldn't do ever since I joined the Ness Brawl Boards. Like making enemies, and calling people stupid a lot. Considering the evidence(my actions on the Melee Ness boards) I have to come to the conclusion that it's everyone else, and not me. Thank you, and goodnight. Or....rather, good morning.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
SEE! COMPARING THEM, AGAIN! My life is a failure.

Also, I seem to be doing things I normally wouldn't do ever since I joined the Ness Brawl Boards. Like making enemies, and calling people stupid a lot. Considering the evidence(my actions on the Melee Ness boards) I have to come to the conclusion that it's everyone else, and not me. Thank you, and goodnight. Or....rather, good morning.
Apologies, apologies. I had to end the argument with a bang, and I once again failed miserably. :)
NEW TOPIC:
Who's going to unlock Ness right away with VS mode or through SSE?

EB08

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Apologies, apologies. I had to end the argument with a bang, and I once again failed miserably. :)
NEW TOPIC:
Who's going to unlock Ness right away with VS mode or through SSE?

EB08
I'm going to unlock him through vs mode. And i think i'm gonna use Lucas 5 five times on one-stock and suicide with him to unlock Ness. That would just make me smile...Ness rises through Lucas' self-sacrifice and pain.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hey does anyone have a problem with war against Dedede? I don't really have a reason, I just REALLY hate Dedede. He's a fat stupid penguin piece of ****, and I've always hated him since I was a kid

Levitas

the moon
I thought that the dude you've been playing against uses Dedede, which would be a reason...

Also, his body to hammer ratio is about equal to that of Amy Rose from sonic, providing more evidence as to why we should hate him.

I fully support any war with any other character, btw. Especially characters that I play as, even main.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
We could thaw his icy heart with our PK Fire!

... Or is it warm his cold heart with a hot island song? Bah.

Levitas

the moon
Well, I guess Ness has more experience against robots than penguins, but then again, robots are generally much tougher than penguins...

Time to do some sprite research, and see if penguins were at the zoo in Mother 1. Any research can help in our quest to bring Dedede down.

Also, if we can't find penguins, perhaps there were some kings that Ness helped usurp? lol. Maybe my mind unravelling is more entertaining to me than you guys, but I'm having a blast here. *hums something that Napoleon would hum, and tucks hand into button down shirt*

Levitas

the moon
Well, it turns out that Ninten fought polar bears, and we all know that if they weren't seperated by being on opposite ends of the world, polar bears would totally eat penguins. Ness =ish Ninten >> Polar Bears >>>>Penguins = Dedede. We win.

Edit: for independant verification of this fact, I looked into earthbound enemies. While Ness doesn't fight any penguins, he does in fact fight things that are very different from penguins. For example, The Soul Consuming Flame. I'd say that a Sould Consuming Flame is the opposite of a penguin. And I'd say that an inverse is a type of opposite. So if we were to try to find a penguin's stats in earthbound, all we need to do is take the inverse of each stat that the soul consuming flame has.

Let's look at it's stats:

Soul consuming flame
Hp: 602
PP: 0
Offense: 131
Defense: 262
IQ: 8
Guts: 14
Speed: 30
Money: 768
Drop items: meteorite 1/64

Therefore, Dedede's stats are

HP: 1/602 (Less than 1! what a weakling!)
PP: infinite (watch out O_o He'll never run out of Psi if he ever figures out how to use it)
Offense: 1/131 (Once again, less than 1, what a weakling)
Defense: 1/262 (Half his offense! what a wimp!)
IQ: 1/8 (Dumb to boot1)
Guts: 1/14 (Don't expect Dedede to hang on using guts)
Speed: 1/30 (you'll be running circles around him)
money: 1/768 (How many pesos is that? Not even 1?)
Drop items: Meteorite 64/1 (Not only is he weak, but every time you beat him you get 64 meteorites for your pk starstorm! what a bargain)

In conclusion, Dedede sucks. A lot.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I've beat him several times with Ness, and have yet to see a single meteorite!

I feel cheated ...

Levitas

the moon
Totally. I think it tags on to the end when you finally bust open the next smash ball. Or I'm full of **** today. probably the latter, lol.

Levitas

the moon
Ademisk, I'm pretty sure it's spot on, as long as whoever the judge of my logic doesn't know anything about logic and/or is blind and/or is being paid to say it's correct.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to war with sheik. sheik is the n00best character in the ******* game. I lost to a ******* sheik in my gamestop tournament... all it did was ******* spam its utilt. i was the only person in the whole ******* tournament that had any experience with the game and i ******* lost!! it was also cuz i had to use the ******* wii remote and nunchuk controls... i have vowed to never use those ******* controls again. and i have dedicated my life to murdering sheik. I just assumed that my fellow Ness buddies would help me wipe every sheik fan off the face of the ******* planet!!!!!!
DEATH TO SHEIK!!!!!

Levitas

the moon
lol, my doubles partner mains sheik. It seems that she's able to chain ftilts due to the move deterioration. It's an any percent to ~80% combo. Also, if you're grabbed by sheik, and she starts a downthrow, DI away. The stun on a downthrow DI'd towards her is sufficient for her to combo to aerials, and that's bad.

Lucas is really good. I'm starting to like his playstyle more than Ness's right now.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to war with sheik. sheik is the n00best character in the ******* game. I lost to a ******* sheik in my gamestop tournament... all it did was ******* spam its utilt. i was the only person in the whole ******* tournament that had any experience with the game and i ******* lost!! it was also cuz i had to use the ******* wii remote and nunchuk controls... i have vowed to never use those ******* controls again. and i have dedicated my life to murdering sheik. I just assumed that my fellow Ness buddies would help me wipe every sheik fan off the face of the ******* planet!!!!!!
DEATH TO SHEIK!!!!!
I happen to second sheik(for now), so i personally think that to be a very bad idea. Besides, there's no real reason to have hatred for her anymore since she has been nerfed into oblivion.

As for losing the tournament, nobody will remember it in a few weeks, a lot of good players lost to the new game mechanics and unfamiliar controllers(not to mention the ******** rules). It was just there to hype the game for the general public, which it did, so that sales would increase.

Lucas is really good. I'm starting to like his playstyle more than Ness's right now.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Wardub

Smash Cadet
Haven't had internet connection in a week so I haven't kept up with what was going in the thread. Anyways what about a Red Cap alliance with Mario and Diddy? I really like Diddy and Mario is Mario, and he was my secondary in Melee :) (well Doc was)

Edit: Remembered Poke trainer has a red cap, I don't like him very much however. Plus his Pokemon aren't wearing hats.

So?

Edit2: Didn't want to double post. Anyway I just unlocked Toon Link, and he is awesome. I think Ademisk had the idea of allying with him for the "young adventurers" or something. I think Im going to second Toon Link, he seems really fluid, unlike Mario in this game. Plus Toon Link looks pimp.

O ya and where is the sig?

Taxi

Smash Cadet
I want in on some of this happy cult action :laugh: People who play Ness are always a cut above the rest. Well, I could just be biased.

Top Bottom