• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Happy Cult (previously 'The EarthBounders')

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, just recently started playing earthbound, I´m in
the dinosaur museum underground
currently and I must say, this game is AMAZING. I absolutely love it, not to mention the great music.

Any chance I could join, my lamp is blue ;)
As for voting (if i'm allowed to) I say yay to toon link and yay to rob war

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Gah, declare war on all my future mains, why dontcha? You're missing Lucario, Jigglypuff, and the Ice Climbers off the list. D;
Anyway, I vote yay to allying with Toon Link. He owns.

Axel-of-the-Key said:
Sign me up, if it's not too late. I'm totally for Ness. Used him in Melee, gonna try and use him in Brawl.
It's never too late, because Ness is just THAT good. It's been said that Chuck Norris slams revolving doors, but Captain Falcon slams Chuck Norris. Well, Ness slams Captain Falcon with his baseball bat. Ugh-a!

EDIT: I still vote nay to the ROB war, despite your good reasoning. Someone to declare war on, I would have to say Wolf. Sue me, but I see him as the most pointless addition, even though I'm perfectly happy with the roster.

EB08

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I don't see how Ness has anything against Wolf, or for him. Kind of a neutral character in relation to Ness. You just don't like him personally.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Okay, now I have a good reason for that. I'm tired of the Ness boards being a place to compare Lucas and Ness.
That's true, and Lucas fans, like Ness fans, are very proud of their mains. Unhealthily proud.
Ness and Lucas are brothers from other Mothers (no pun intended...:)), and there are so many reasons for them to be allies, IMO.

EB08

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I disagree. Like I said, Brawl's not big enough for 2 psychic children. They're natural enemies. Remember, fighting game, not happy funtime party game.

Also, why does you sig say "Welcome Back" in regards to Ness? He...never left...yanno.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Ally with Toon Link: Yes(for aforementioned reasons)
In regards to War with R.O.B: Yes(i absolutely despise those self-destructing robots!)

HiIH

Smash Lord
I approve of this name.

You should get in touch with the Link clan(twilight heroes), just because of the awesome name.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
But Twilight Heroes isn't an awesome name, it's an obvious and predictable name.

Nevertheless, I do approve of allying with Link if only because....you know, instead of saying it, this time I'm just gonna post an image.

Any one of those mutes deserve to ally with Ness.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Ness and Lucas are friends. Ness protects Lucas in SSE, remember?

They have a deep connection, and should be allied with each other. You know ... it's psychic, or something.

Wardub

Smash Cadet
I agree with toon link because there both young kids. I don't agree with Link however. Also I have to say, declaring war on ROB is the most logical thing Ness can do. Ademisk made great evidence why we should, also it's better reasoning than any of our alliances. So I voted war on ROB.
My votes:
War on ROB
Ally with Toon Link (I really like the silent protagonist and both being young adventurers)
Ally with Diddy (bubble gum monkey. Yea for voting for your own ideas LOL, well I really like the first two, if anyone thinks of a different ally with a better reason Im willing to change.)

O and that picture you posted Ademisk, was awesome. I think Crono is the only character that can come close to the awesomeness of Ness. Ness and Earthbound are obviously better, but Chrono Trigger was an awesome game too, and they were both on the SNES, Best console ever.
If Crono was in the game I would definitely vote for an alliance.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
*grumble*
Fine, yay to war on ROB.
Yay to Toon Link.
Yay to Diddy.
Nay to Link (one Link is enough, thank you, despite what Sakurai thinks).

...and Yay to Lucas, but that's just me.

Also, I recommend an alliance with Zero Suit Samus. Cuz she's sexy.
Fix'd.
And Second'd.
:)

EB08

T0MMY

Smash Master
As a R.O.B. main I will destroy you little punk kids.
It's obvious you have no strategies if you want to declare war on similar characters like Lucas and Toon Link. Hahahaha.

I think I'll raise my own robot army and ally with the likes of Samus, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and C. Falcon as they are space-faring combatants.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll raise my own robot army and ally with the likes of Samus, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and C. Falcon as they are space-faring combatants.
'Cause...you know...it's not like Ness has ever faced anyone from space or anything...
(*/sarcasm* for the ignorant)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Ally with Kirby plz. He has the same job as Ness and Kirby likes to cook...they often go wine tasting together.

Also ness should be enemy of all untamed animals in the game...Im looking at Fox Falco Wolf Lucario Pikachu Jigglypuff, Diddy, DK, Sonic but not Yoshi Dedede Bowser or Pokemon Trainer

Also enemy with Link Zelda Sheik TLink Ganondorf...they are aliens

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
If Ness can only ally with humanoid non-alien, non-space, or non-animal characters, does that mean Ness will ally with Snake, Marth, Ike, Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Peach?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Add Yoshi Dedede Bowser and Pokemon Trainer to that list and you have Simna's list of allies.

I officially start the vote for allying with Peach. Peach and Ness's Nairs are almost identical. Obviously ally material.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Peach got nerfed a lot though, she used to be God-tier material with that explosive butt bump in Melee. I can't tell you how many times fighting against a high level Peach CPU I see Ness get a butt bump to the face.

Peach as an ally to Ness? Perhaps that would be good if she's still high tier. I doubt Paula Polestar :urg: would like that though. At least she's better than having Marth as an ally.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Fighting CPUs is dumb.

And tiers don't matter when it comes to allies. Come on, you love Ness. The guy's been considered unplayable for 7 years.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I vote we ally with peach
and ZSS cuz she's sexy...
I also recommend we ally with Pit. He's a good tier too.
I also think we should ally with lucas. Yes, he's on our turf, but he's our brother! Come on!
Death to R.O.B.!!!!

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
I vote we ally with peach
Yes.
and ZSS cuz she's sexy...
:ohwell:
I also recommend we ally with Pit. He's a good tier too.
I agree.
I also think we should ally with lucas. Yes, he's on our turf, but he's our brother! Come on!
Best idea yet.
Death to R.O.B.!!!!
No.

:) I know that nobody listens to me, but I just wanted to share my opinion. Still waiting on the sig. :urg:
IMO, Ness and Peach as allies sounds like a really good idea to me. I can picture allying with Luigi sometime, too.

EB08

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
IMO, Ness and Peach as allies sounds like a really good idea to me.
Ness allying with himself? That's GENIUS!..you probably meant Lucas though, and it seems like that ship has sailed. Too many of us have such adamant hatred towards him that the ally window won't be open for a while, if ever.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
someone needs to make a death to R.O.B. sig lol

Also, I want in on the war. I may not be that good, but how hard could it be to whoop a ******* dumb*** robot? perhaps I could be tenth or something? Or an alternate?

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
Sign Me up for the Happy Happy Cult.

"Green! Green! I'm new at this."

Also I think when Brawl comes out, the First Ness Combo video should have Lucas as the punching bag every match that would be used in it.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Also I think when Brawl comes out, the First Ness Combo video should have Lucas as the punching bag every match that would be used in it.
That would make the Lucas fans very angry. I already see tons of Lucas fans bashing Ness on Youtube comments already. The best thing would be to do is choose someone neutral like... I don't know ROB or G&W. But if you use Lucas they'll be very angry at you and on Youtube they'll flame you. So I think we shouldn't make the Lucas fans angry. I bet a lot of people here on the forums are angry and bitter enough Ness returned when they thought Lucas should have replaced him forever.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I admit, that would be hella fun but Lucas is Ness's buddy. Why such hatred? Yes, it's fun pissing people off, but lets not piss off lucas. I say we find a way to piss off metaknight.

Top Bottom