• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Happy Cult (previously 'The EarthBounders')

DekuBoy

Smash Lord

This is the Ness clan. Here we can discuss anything Ness related.

From Wikipedia:
Ness (ネス, Nesu?) is the protagonist of EarthBound. An unassuming young boy gifted with PSI powers, he comes from Onett, a small town in Eagleland. His arsenal in EarthBound is composed of baseball bats, and miscellaneous toys such as yo-yos and slingshots. His "armor" consists of various kinds of hats and badges. He is chosen by the Apple of Enlightenment, and enlisted by an alien named Buzz-Buzz to stop Giygas, who in the future, sentences all of reality to the horror of eternal darkness. To do this, he must first travel to eight sanctuaries and make them his own in order to unite his power with the Earth's. At each sanctuary, he records a fragment of a melody in his Sound Stone as well as experiences a personal sense memory. Over the course of the game, he makes many friends, three of which become permanent members of the team. During the flashbacks experimented through the Sound Stone it's revealed that Ness already had psychic powers when he was a baby.

Moves:

Standard B- PK Flash
Side B- PK Fire
Up B- PK Thunder
Down B- PSI Magnet

Up Tilt- Hits upwards with both hands
Side Tilt- Small side kick
Down Tilt- A jab with his foot

Up Smash- Swings yo-yo above head
Side Smash- Swings baseball bat
Down Smash- Swings yo-yo in a downwards arc

Up aerial- A smack with his head
Front aerial- Energy zaps enemies
Back Aerial- A backwards kick
Down Aerial- A downwards kick

Dash attack- Electricity pushes enemies

To be updated with grapples.

Members:

DekuBoy
jmansmash
EarthBound08
Ademisk
Mac 77
Piks
DeuceBlade
Wardub
Drik Khaail
Macc
superness
NessOnett
Icy Eagle
Axel-of-the-key
Hardcorenesser
Levitas
ImNotSav
Xenophobe
EarthBound360

Sigs: None yet.

Links:
1. The Ness Video Thread
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140239

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
As Lucas' spokesperson, I sue you for copyright infringement. >=[
Why would you sue for copyright infringment? I checked the Lucas thread and saw no indication of clans or anything.
It also wouldn't make any sense to call a Lucas clan "The EarthBounders" because Lucas' game has next-to-nothing to do with EarthBound.

*confused*

EB08

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
I say come up with a cooler name. Earthbounders sounds kinda weak.

If you change it to the Happy Happy Cult, then I'll join.
I agree, you should make up a better name, Like The "Onett Shark Protection Agency (OSPA)" or "The Apple of Enlightenment" or even "The Buzz Buzz Avengers". Eh, mine are a bit lame but you get the idea...

But, I'll definitely join in... Sign me up. :laugh:

Heh, The Happy Happyists... Lol Blue Cow?

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Hey--a sig is in the works, being made by BrawlCentral's TwilightPrince. Great to see the turnout!

EB08

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I don't know if you guys know this, but some those clans on the other character boards are extensions of the BrawlCentral clans since Brawl Central has a clan for all the characters.

Most of BC clans have even started alliances and a few rivalries though DK and Wario is being left out and Ness only has Kirby as an ally. Any way, we can either keep this clan as a Smashboards only clan or join up with BC's Ness clan(Call themselves "Up Until Now"). I say keep it as a Smashboards clan. How about you all?

Levitas

the moon
I don't understand. Why would Ness not be allies with Lucas, why do clans exist, and why is brawlcentral so bad at picking names for them.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Is there a Lucas clan? We should be allies with them, I think. The Pikmen and the Elite Four, anyone?

EB08

Wardub

Smash Cadet
I can see either having an alliance with Lucas or a rivalry. Personally I think alliances should be small and there should be a lot of rivalries so I think the characters that have possible alliances are: Kirby, Captain Olimar, G&W, R.O.B, Lucas, Samus, Ice Climbers, Snake and Pit. Here's how I see it

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Peach are an alliance (I can also see Luigi having a rivalry with Mario because of being in his shadow all the time.)

Then you have DK and Diddy together.

The Pokemon will be an alliance.

Fox and Falco are together.

Link, Toon Link, and Zelda

Marth and Ike

So what we have left is Heroes: Ness, Lucas, Olimar, Kirby, Sonic, Pit, ROB?, G&W?, Ice Climbers?, Samus and Snake (Who will probably have an alliance)
The Villians: Bowser, Wario, Ganon, Wolf, DDD, Meta Knight,

So with what's remaining I would like to see Ness ally with Olimar, Kirby, G&W, Ice Climbers, maybe Pit, maybe Lucas.
I'm fine with a rivalry between Ness and Lucas. Pit seems cool and their both retro but it seems a lot of alliances are going to want to be with Pit because he looks awesome. I really like Olimar, and the rest (Kirby, G&W, and Ice Climbers) make a good fit I think. Although there was some controversy between the Ness and Ice Climber boards back in melee when Simna went over there and said something about how PK fire owns the Ice Climbers, and then someone from there came and talked about Chain grabbing... I forget the rest, anyways... Obviously this is just what I think and Alliances can happen however I mean Ike and Marth might team up with Link and Toon Link and then there might be a female alliance with Samus, Peach and Zelda. So What do you guys thinks? Kind of long I know. Woops looking back I forgot Captain Falcon :( (How Could I?) anyways I might of forgot some other people but I'm not going back to edit my post.

Wardub

Smash Cadet
HAHA Ok death to all Lucas players, that probably will kill a lot of Ness players too, but they don't deserve to play Ness if they even think of playing Lucas right? I think it would be cool if people took these clans and alliances seriously and we had somekind of leaderboard, sadly this probably won't happen.

PS to DekuBoy when you get the chance can you add me to the members list? Thanks.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think Ness should ally with the Ice Climbers so while they are wobbling the other guys, Ness can fire PK Flash at them. A perfect combo I say. The Ice Climbers trap the other guys in a semi-infinite chain grab, and Ness strikes the helpless victim with PK Flash. An almost guaranteed 0-Death combo every time.

Either that, or Ness should ally with any other person who can force the enemy to stand still and not move is the perfect opportunity to use PK Flash on them, as it's almost a way of using it the way it was not intended.

Levitas

the moon
lol, I wonder if Nana can escape the PK fire this time...

I think Ness is too badass to team with any of the other characters, and should ally with Simna's main, PK thunder. Just think of what Ness and PK thunder could do together... lol. I still don't get any of this, btw. What does one clan get by teaming with another? Is there some way of "winning"? Is there any goal whatsoever?!

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
It's just nice.
My resoning for not teaming with the Lucas supporters is because of the way the flamed the Ness supporters before he was leaked.
'You're in denial! Claus is in!'
'You suck!'
'Bunch of babies, Ness isn't in GET OVER IT!'

Old grudges die hard I guess.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
HAHA Ok death to all Lucas players, that probably will kill a lot of Ness players too, but they don't deserve to play Ness if they even think of playing Lucas right? I think it would be cool if people took these clans and alliances seriously and we had somekind of leaderboard, sadly this probably won't happen.

PS to DekuBoy when you get the chance can you add me to the members list? Thanks.
Keep thinking that. I'm planning on maining Ness and Lucas and I helped start this clan.

It's just nice.
My resoning for not teaming with the Lucas supporters is because of the way the flamed the Ness supporters before he was leaked.
'You're in denial! Claus is in!'
'You suck!'
'Bunch of babies, Ness isn't in GET OVER IT!'

Old grudges die hard I guess.
We could be the adults here, I guess. We could show them how to act and show them forgiveness even after their...butthole-y behavior. I don't know. Doubt it.

Sigs almost done, don't worry! :D

EB08

Top Bottom