• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the welcomes! Let's just say that Shantae deserves a slot on the roster. I've been building o moveset for her and might post it soon.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i know this offtopic but i wanna know your guys reaction if a shantae victory theme as well as an risky boat stage was found in the upcoming lucas patch?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
i know this offtopic but i wanna know your guys reaction if a shantae victory theme as well as an risky boat stage was found in the upcoming lucas patch?
Well... If Roy and Ryu are indeed confirmed during this E3 event, which would make the data legit for sure for more DLC content, then I would be glad for Shantae fans, but pissed that it was spoiled.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
If that Roy/Ryu leak is real, that also leaves more questions:

What "other" pre-ballot dlc fighters are planned, if any at all?... If so, are any of them fighters that are currently in the ballot? Hmm..

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up showing up at some point to be perfectly honest. The circumstances for his cut were a bit more odd.. sorta like Lucas'. I mean Ice Climber's was a technical limitation on the 3DS, Snake's unknown (Some kinda corporal copyright issue maybe?... Who knows), but Lucas and Wolf... I mean it can't be because they're semi clones. One, we still have Falco (Who is even closer to Fox in similarities if I recall), and Lucas was brought back... Hmmmmm...

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Got Smash bros for Wii U yesterday. (I know,... crazily enough I didn't own it AT ALL this whole time I was a member of smashboards until yesterday. Of course I had owned the other three.. just hadn't been able to pick it up yet due to some circumstances)

Just as one would expect: I LOVE IT, just like all the other installments XD

Been at work trying to get every trophy... easier said than done I know but I'm going for it lol

Last edited:

CFood

Smash Cadet
You beat me to posting it here.

I've been all on Toon Link and Shantae pics ever since OmegaSunBurst posted a few doodles and I want more. So I've been requesting and commissioning wherever the opportunity arises and I can afford. This one was super cheap as the commission price was just a full year of premium membership. He was initially only gonna do one character, but I presented the idea and said he could do whatever he wanted with it so I think that helped.

http://omegasunburst.deviantart.com/art/Doodle-Charge-398541689
http://omegasunburst.deviantart.com/art/Doodle-got-your-ear-398540165

Last edited:

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
One of my friends wanted to try out my demo of Half Genie Hero. Usually he HATES 2D platformers, but the visuals caught his eye. He really enjoyed everything the demo offered and he's excited to see the full game. Must be the monkey.

Last edited:

Pyropuppet

Smash Cadet
One of my friends wanted to try out my demo of Half Genie Hero. Usually he HATES 2D platformers, but the visuals caught his eye. He really enjoyed everything the demo offered and he's excited to see the full game. Must be the monkey.
Monkey will get everyone with cuteness and dancing. That's how Shantae will win everything, by dancing not only as a half-genie, but also as the monkey.

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING HOOT HOOT CLICK THE SPOILER BOXES AT YOUR OWN RISK

The Lucas patch (though not necessarily the DLC) was released in Japan early, and the resident hackers wasted no time picking it apart like vultures on a carcass. What did they find?

Classic mode victory videos for both Roy and Ryu. They are officially confirmed.

If you want to know why these spoilers are relevant: it proves that Nintendo is
1) actually allowing third-party characters, dispelling any doubt that was still around after the official statement on third-parties
2) working on characters before the ballot closes, which by extension means that Nintendo is
3) not even possibly stopping at six DLC characters, considering how many we might get before the ballot even closes and the sheer number of highly-desired entrants in the ballot already
which answers some very pressing questions about the ballot we needed closure on. With this in mind, Shantae's chances increase dramatically, so now more than ever we need to keep the hype train rolling!

Last edited:

CFood

Smash Cadet
SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING HOOT HOOT CLICK THE SPOILER BOXES AT YOUR OWN RISK

The Lucas patch (though not necessarily the DLC) was released in Japan early, and the resident hackers wasted no time picking it apart like vultures on a carcass. What did they find?

Classic mode victory videos for both Roy and Ryu. They are officially confirmed.

If you want to know why these spoilers are relevant: it proves that Nintendo is
1) actually allowing third-party characters, dispelling any doubt that was still around after the official statement on third-parties
2) working on characters before the ballot closes, which by extension means that Nintendo is
3) not even possibly stopping at six DLC characters, considering how many we might get before the ballot even closes and the sheer number of entrants in the ballot already
which answers some very pressing questions about the ballot we needed closure on. With this in mind, Shantae's chances increase dramatically.
This does not answer the most important question about the leak.

WHY DID FALCO BECOME FRIED CHICKEN?

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
This does not answer the most important question about the leak.

WHY DID FALCO BECOME FRIED CHICKEN?
Then it's a good thing I was only referring to questions about the ballot, not the leak. :)

Though maybe close examination of a .gif of the phenomenon can help answer your question.

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Im fine with Ryu and the Kirby's Dream Land 64 stage, but I'm not even gonna give my opinion on Roy, becouse I don't want to be banned or something

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Negative speech is allowed, swear words have an autocensor anyway. Roy is a literal ****lord in his game and is only popular because smash
I know rigth? Also, why did people want him if we already have a Marth clone? Yeah yeah there was hope that he would be unique, but if the melee fan boys fans who wanted him in saw his moveset changed, they would probably have hated on poor Sakurai for "Not making him like he was in Melee" Good job, now we have three of the same character *Claps slowly*

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Meh, I'm neutral about Roy and Ryu being confirmed, but my only concern is that they could be ballot characters, which to me puts fear inside of me since it might decrease Shantae's chances. I am worried.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Meh, I'm neutral about Roy and Ryu being confirmed, but my only concern is that they could be ballot characters, which to me puts fear inside of me since it might decrease Shantae's chances. I am worried.
Ryu as far as I'm concerned, wasn't even voted for on the ballot, and Roy was only like 5-6th on Japan's polls. They were predetermined, and I don't expect anything from the ballot until it's near closing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
for ****s sake. If it takes 6 months for Mewtwo to go from 'announced' to 'playable', what the **** makes you lot think these characters who we only found out about 2 weeks after the ballot was announced were only in because of that?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ryu as far as I'm concerned, wasn't even voted for on the ballot, and Roy was only like 5-6th on Japan's polls. They were predetermined, and I don't expect anything from the ballot until it's near closing.
They showed up in the files as being worked on with Mewtwo's inclusion, and if they're far-enough along that they're going to be released tomorrow with Lucas (as everything they need to be playable is in the files), then they were almost-definitely predetermined. And even if that wasn't enough evidence, Ryu was in the files before Lucas, meaning at least he was in the cards before the ballot was something we knew about.

EDIT: But what are we gonna do for six months if they're all coming out now, since it's June and the Ballot closes at the end of October? There can't be just the four of them, and there were six slots in the files, meaning that there are two predetermined characters left at least (Wolf and another newcomer, making it two Melee, two Brawl, two SM4SH newcomers for nice symmetry).

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
for ****s sake. If it takes 6 months for Mewtwo to go from 'announced' to 'playable', what the **** makes you lot think these characters who we only found out about 2 weeks after the ballot was announced were only in because of that?
That's not what I meant; What I meant was that the possibilty of Roy and Ryu being Smash Ballot characters could make less room for other characters, which is why I was saying Shantae might have less chances. I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything of the sorts, it's just what I'm thinking. I could honestly just be overreacting about it all, and Sakurai will clarify if they are smash ballot characters or not. Also, I had no intention of angering you at all, Ryuga, and I'm being 100% honest with that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom