• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Fourteen is way too unrealistic. No fighting game with DLC never had that many characters for download (or had 51 characters without DLC like Smash has).

I have not idea how many characters we'll get, but definitely not that many.
Yep, but I'm not saying anything on this though. I mean the ballot isn't even finished yet XD

We'll probably not get any real elaboration on all of this for awhile... so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Fourteen is way too unrealistic. No fighting game with DLC never had that many characters for download (or had 51 characters without DLC like Smash has).

I have not idea how many characters we'll get, but definitely not that many.
Street Fighter x Tekken has 55 characters and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has 59 characters, both after DLC. So I wouldn't say no fighting game has came close to that.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Street Fighter x Tekken has 55 characters and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has 59 characters, both after DLC. So I wouldn't say no fighting game has came close to that.
Yep... it's definitely too early for any of us to judge how this whole DLC thing is gonna be handled. It could be just 4 or 5, like most think. It could be 16 in total, like that suggests... heck for all we know we might just be getting one more XD (Which would suck, and I find highly unlikely myself, but could still happen)... we just have to wait and see how it all turns out

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
59, and I play about two. I know what I like~ ;3

I don't expect more than, at the absolute maximum, 10 characters, including Mewtwo, Lucas and probably Wolf and a couple of other veterans. Two newcomers would be amazing, any more would be nigh-on earth-shatteringly hype.

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Hey, all.
In regards to Shantae in Smash, I found this bit of information from a comment on Wayforward's recent update.

"Nintendo has listed Shantae as a "near impossible" addition as they said it will be very hard to actually get the rights...even though Wayforward them want her in -.-...i think Nintendo is just being lazy"

This has officially set my determination ablaze.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey, all.
In regards to Shantae in Smash, I found this bit of information from a comment on Wayforward's recent update.

"Nintendo has listed Shantae as a "near impossible" addition as they said it will be very hard to actually get the rights...even though Wayforward them want her in -.-...i think Nintendo is just being lazy"

Source? I find that hardly likely. Nintendo specifically said any character is eligible for the ballot.. that would somewhat go back on what they had said.

Plus I have searched various official sources. Nothing on the Half-Genie hero kickstarter updates page (which is one of the first places they mentioned Shantae 4 smash support in the first place), their twitter.. and not even on their facebook page. You are either lieing/trolling, or you dug up misinformation (as it is very easy to fake twitter pages and what not.. and make fake emails..

Plus the very fact Wayforward is pretty much in support of her getting in makes that "very hard to get the rights" thing a crock of-... well you get the point.

If it isn't an official source, or if you aren't sure, ignore it. As it is more than likely just some trolling by some douche trying to discourage Shantae votes

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Er, someone by the username of "GunplaGamer". Like I said, it was merely a comment on Wayforward's April 3rd update. (The comment was posted a day ago, however) I do realize that it's not the most reliable source, so maybe I overreacted a bit.

Still, the thought did make me admittedly a tad concerned.

Potatoharbinger

Smash Rookie
Hey, all.

There is so much about what that person has said that I to feel the harsh blaze of rage. Nintendo has not released ANYTHING in regards to Smash Ballot votes. All "Early Results" posts are from small, biased subject groups from other forums across the web. Second: How hard, honestly, does he think the rights would be to get on Nintendo's end when a company is ACTIVELY SUPPORTING a character's inclusion? That kind of attitude by a developer is the whole reason Snake was even in a Smash game. Shantae in Smash is more than possible, and with the constant growth of support from fans and Wayforward, it can most certainly be probable.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
There is so much about what that person has said that I to feel the harsh blaze of rage. Nintendo has not released ANYTHING in regards to Smash Ballot votes. All "Early Results" posts are from small, biased subject groups from other forums across the web. Second: How hard, honestly, does he think the rights would be to get on Nintendo's end when a company is ACTIVELY SUPPORTING a character's inclusion? That kind of attitude by a developer is the whole reason Snake was even in a Smash game. Shantae in Smash is more than possible, and with the constant growth of support from fans and Wayforward, it can most certainly be probable.
Yep, yep, and DEFINITE yep. As I said in my other post, it is more than likely some troll/anti-Shantae guy trying to discourage Shantae votes..

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Yep, yep, and DEFINITE yep. As I said in my other post, it is more than likely some troll/anti-Shantae guy trying to discourage Shantae votes..
All I know is that I personally want to fight harder than ever to make this happen now.
The determination... it BURNS!

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
All I know is that I personally want to fight harder than ever to make this happen now.

Well either way, just ignore the butt and press on. Lets not be swayed by a random comment on the internet with information that could have been pulled out of the guy's bum :p

As long as the support continues the rise, we can dance through the danger we can get Shantae in Smash :D

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Well either way, just ignore the butt and press on. Lets not be swayed by a random comment on the internet with information that could have been pulled out of the guy's bum :p

As long as the support continues the rise, we can dance through the danger we can get Shantae in Smash :D
Agreed, good sir.
It's support like this that makes me truly believe that this will work. (-^-^-)

I only wish we had a more accurate idea of where everyone stands. Not knowing is killing me.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Agreed, good sir.
It's support like this that makes me truly believe that this will work. (-^-^-)

I only wish we had a more accurate idea of where everyone stands. Not knowing is killing me.
Yeah... its definitely going to be a long road to October thats for sure :/.. but hey, maybe we could get another character announcement sooner than that

(Speaking of that comment, I bet, if not a troll, he probably did get it from one of those unofficial "early results/viable contenders" lists, mistaken as official)

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... its definitely going to be a long road to October thats for sure :/.. but hey, maybe we could get another character announcement sooner than that

(Speaking of that comment, I bet, if not a troll, he probably did get it from one of those unofficial "early results/viable contenders" lists, mistaken as official)
Yeah, that's quite possible. Information is all kinds of sketchy on the internet.
An early announcement would be lovely, to say the least.

Oh, and I suppose I should apologize if I came off as some kind of panicky spaz or troll or something.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Now...
About this...

Anyone thinks he deserves a fair chance?
(EDIT: Put this in the wrong thread, don't think anyone cares ._.)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Now...
About this...

Isn't the guy pretty much made of bloody meat?... I bet that would help the rating... XD

Yeah, that's quite possible. Information is all kinds of sketchy on the internet.
An early announcement would be lovely, to say the least.

Oh, and I suppose I should apologize if I came off as some kind of panicky spaz or troll or something.
And its perfectly fine. I can see where the concern could come from!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't know about that.
Something about Super Meat Boy doesn't feel like Smash Bros. material.

Maybe that's just me.
Yeah.. wonder what it is.. Meat. BLOODY MEAT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm.. I've been debating this for a few days. I've noticed other threads are getting similar defences set up... soo uh... I have especially thought about making something after shooting down those stupid arguments against Shantae a couple of days ago.. so:

What would you all think if I gathered up some information we know to use to tackle possible contractor arguments? I'm pretty sure we could beat down most possible arguments they could try to throw at us. As, if we aren't prepared, these sort of idiots could discourage some potential voters/supporters.. and we most certainly can't have that : )

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
What would you all think if I gathered up some information we know to use to tackle possible contractor arguments? I'm pretty sure we could beat down most possible arguments they could try to throw at us. As, if we aren't prepared, these sort of idiots could discourage some potential voters/supporters.. and we most certainly can't have that : )
I say go for it!
Any form of well-crafted arguments will only help strengthen this movement and push the message to Nintendo that we really want this to happen.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I say go for it!
Any form of well-crafted arguments will only help strengthen this movement and push the message to Nintendo that we really want this to happen.
Yeah, I definitely think I'm gonna go for it.

Speaking of that argument, you weren't around when I showed that were you? http://pastebin.com/JcMNhrdQ There is the link to that if you want to check it out... the arguments the guy made were absolutely horrendous.. lol

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I definitely think I'm gonna go for it.

Speaking of that argument, you weren't around when I showed that were you? http://pastebin.com/JcMNhrdQ There is the link to that if you want to check it out... the arguments the guy made were absolutely horrendous.. lol
Just awful, awful argumentative material.
Well, I will say one thing: Shovel Knight's got moves for a guy clad in heavy steel.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Just awful, awful argumentative material.
Well, I will say one thing: Shovel Knight's got moves for a guy clad in heavy steel.
Heh yeah. Definitely wasn't trying to stomp all over Shovel Knight in all that. I mean he seems cool... been planning on getting the game on steam or Wii U one day, if I get the chance

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Heh yeah. Definitely wasn't trying to stomp all over Shovel Knight in all that. I mean he seems cool... been planning on getting the game on steam or Wii U one day, if I get the chance
I understand, no worries.
I've played Shovel Knight myself, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But at the same time, I have come to be full supporter of the Shantae movement for a multitude of reasons.
It's a series close to my heart, and a character I love to death.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I understand, no worries.
I've played Shovel Knight myself, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But at the same time, I have come to be full supporter of Shantae movement for a multitude of reasons.
It's a series close to my heart, and a character I love to death.
I actually can't lie... I am ashamed to say I have never experienced the series first hand. I've only recently (like a few weeks ago) really started getting into the following.. the series seems REALLY fun, and right up my alley, so I'm DEFINITELY gonna be picking up the games whenever I get the chance.

As for my support for Shantae... it only just grew and grew the more I read through the campaign, and the more I saw the character..

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Yeah.. wonder what it is.. Meat. BLOODY MEAT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm.. I've been debating this for a few days. I've noticed other threads are getting similar defences set up... soo uh... I have especially thought about making something after shooting down those stupid arguments against Shantae a couple of days ago.. so:

Agreed! But, watch out from any ******** haters who bond to H-A-T-E on our precious Shantae as a New DLC playable character in our modern futuristic times sakes for fun! P.S: At least, I've finally beaten out of DevilX90 for hating our #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC!
sample_d52264b3273d338ac965b51ad3f4cbc8 Shantae.jpg

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Agreed! But, watch out from any ******** haters who bond to H-A-T-E on our precious Shantae as a New DLC playable character in our modern futuristic times sakes for fun! P.S: At least, I've finally beaten out of DevilX90 for hating our #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC! View attachment 47051
Yep yep. Even the pointless hate comments can be countered though. As I have mentioned, the point isn't necessarily sway the contractor him/herself. Just having reasons and evidence for why She is a good character can keep other supporters from falling for their lies.

Also...Oh god that image... I about lost my breath when I scrolled down to that... HOW DOES THIS HALF-GENIE KEEP DOING THIS TO ME >_<

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
The best thing to do is show sources if someone tries to debate against Shantae. And this is obvious, but always keep your cool as well. In the case of an opinionated idea trying to be pushed as a fact, always point that out as well.

Also, dat image... saved for reasons.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Never trust some random guy claiming dumb crap like "Shantae being impossible" despite the fact that third party characters that would be even harder to acquire are in the game already.
Now...
About this...

(EDIT: Put this in the wrong thread, don't think anyone cares ._.)
1. lol

2. No. I don't think he should be in. If anything, any indie character with an actual history with Nintendo deserve it.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Never trust some random guy claiming dumb crap like "Shantae being impossible" despite the fact that third party characters that would be even harder to acquire are in the game already.

1. lol

2. No. I don't think he should be in. If anything, any indie character with an actual history with Nintendo deserve it.
Thank you for finally, saying that with real official T-R-U-T-H!

Top Bottom