• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing, if Shantae is in what art style should her model be based off of?

The original

Risky's Revenge Era

Pirate's Curse

Or Chibi Shantae from Half Genie Hero?

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Dunno, either RR or Pirate's Curse, I'd be fine with an HGH model. I really like the Pirate's Curse model that was shown a couple pages back though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm partial to Risky's Revenge myself but maybe that's because it was the first one for me.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Doesn't add much to the conversation but I found this art of Shantae and Flannery outfit swapping
Interesting cross over, I'll say the least.. Looks cool!

i am thinking that any trailers from here on out will be strictly in-game like Mewtwo and Lucas' trailers, unless of course it's a third party and/or said third party company offered to make a trailer for them. otherwise i'm not expecting anything outside of gameplay.

as for what Shantae's trailer would include? probably would be close to the formula of most of the smash trailers. starting out with her interrupting a fight, likely between Mario and the third parties, then panning around her model, followed by an action shot with her tagline, and all sorts of antics ensuing with her showing off her moveset, and her using items.
That has been a pattern lately hasn't it? I would personally hope newcomers would get better trailers, but I suppose I will understand if that won't be the case

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

The original

Risky's Revenge Era

Pirate's Curse

I think we went over something like this before, Haven't we? (Infact I think I brought it up)

I would assume they would want what they used for the possible alternate costumes

Looking at that again...

It kinda looks like a combination of the Half-genie hero Shantae, and her previous two incarnations.. at least to me anyway

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Doesn't add much to the conversation but I found this art of Shantae and Flannery outfit swapping
From the words of the great Ashly Burch: "I am erect."
Cool art!
I think we went over something like this before, Haven't we? (Infact I think I brought it up)

I would assume they would want what they used for the possible alternate costumes

Looking at that again...

It kinda looks like a combination of the Half-genie hero Shantae, and her previous two incarnations.. at least to me anyway
My question is: Where is the 7th Costume from?

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Shantae's looks in Smash Bros should be based of off whatever Matt Bozon and Nintendo agree to.

Pirate's curse or Half-Genie Hero...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Make it happen WayForward.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah although since this post was made in 2012 things need to be cough up as Pirate's Curse came out so I disagree with her moveset.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I think they've already decided this to be her design to use for Smash. Which isn't bad at all.[/quote]

The original

Risky's Revenge Era

Pirate's Curse

Looking at that again...

We did in fact talk about this topic. I actually remember posting that design in response too.

Actually, WayForward went out of their way to make this:
I personally see this as a great middle ground for her design.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hell yeah although since this post was made in 2012 things need to be cough up as Pirate's Curse came out so I disagree with her moveset.
well the creator of this thread is actually working on rewriting the OP! Feel free to check back later :p

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
well the creator of this thread is actually working on rewriting the OP! Feel free to check back later :p
Yeah:

-Up-B: Risky's Cannon (similar to how Robin preforms his recovery) followed by Risky's hat parachute (like what G&W does)
-Neutral-B: Hair whip. And it can be used like Pit's arrows to be able to do it while crouching.
-Side-B: Either one Shantae's fire attacks or her pistol
-Down-B: The magic lamp she uses in Pirate's Curse as it can attract items (Like Rosalina's Down-B)

-Final Smash: Elephant transformation

-Grab: Should be her hair grabbing

-Dash Attack: She uses Risky's boots to dash with her scimitar
-Down Smash: One of her Pike Ball spin around her for a small moment
-Up Smash: One of her Puff and holding up in the air
-Down Aerial: Her scimitar

-Taunt: her belly dancing moves

Other moves should come from the Fighter's Gear from the original Shantae

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The original

Risky's Revenge Era

Pirate's Curse

I actually like the art WayFoward had in their tweet, looked like a great mix of Pirates Curse and Half Genie Hero.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

The original

Risky's Revenge Era

Pirate's Curse

Hm... I think Pirate's Curse would be the best bet.

And there's one more design: The Virtual Console re-release of Shantae:

I think WF thought the original Shanate design was dated to some extent.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So guys.. What do you think the future holds for Shantae after Half-Genie hero? I certainly hope we get more titles

Infact I notice Wayforward likes to do an awful lot of experimenting with the character... I wonder if a design would stick if she got in Smash?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So guys.. What do you think the future holds for Shantae after Half-Genie hero? I certainly hope we get more titles

Infact I notice Wayforward likes to do an awful lot of experimenting with the character... I wonder if a design would stick if she got in Smash?
WayForward did state one time that "never say never" on the fate of the canceled Shantae: Risky Revolution (aka Shantae Advance).

I'm actually hoping it'll see the light of day eventually.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice

I'd imagine we'll probably be seeing more of 'ol Shantae in the future.
The fan base seems to grow with each installment, and the franchise definitely isn't weakening by any stretch.
(This is based on my personal observations, anyway.)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'd imagine we'll probably be seeing more of 'ol Shantae in the future.
The fan base seems to grow with each installment, and the franchise definitely isn't weakening by any stretch.
(This is based on my personal observations, anyway.)
Yep. I could only imagine how it would soar if Shantae got into Smash bros.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
U-tilt: Flash Kick, similar to the Mega Upper but with two hits (Fighter Gear)
F-tilt: Roundhouse from Pirate's Curse
D-tilt: Crouch hair-whip
You could also have her slide like in the race with Rottytops or the elbow bash for the dash.

I hope Omni does Shantae for the next Smashified, that way she can be even more recognized as a true potential fighter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking for Shantae's stage it would be the same in both versions but in the 3DS version it would be styled like the original GBC game and on WiiU it would be in full HD.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You could also have her slide like in the race with Rottytops or the elbow bash for the dash.

I hope Omni does Shantae for the next Smashified, that way she can be even more recognized as a true potential fighter.
I'm definitely interested in how she would come out. As we know, there aren't any real official 3D renders for her.. (heck even unofficial ones aren't common)

Whatever the case, as long as it stays true to her designs, I don't really care

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

It's perfect!

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely interested in how she would come out. As we know, there aren't any real official 3D renders for her.. (heck even unofficial ones aren't common)

Whatever the case, as long as it stays true to her designs, I don't really care
Here's an idea why don't we all suggest for her for the next Smashified video on ArstyOmni's channel that way we would get a good look at her in 3D and as she would get more publicity for Smash as well.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea why don't we all suggest for her for the next Smashified video on ArstyOmni's channel that way we would get a good look at her in 3D and as she would get more publicity for Smash as well.
Way ahead of you. XD

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I kind of want this to happen, because she'd be the first WoC character (unless you count Sheik?) and her transformations would make for an awesome moveset and unique playstyle, also she's hot. But I can't help thinking it's implausible when she's in line behind Banjo, Rayman, Shovel Knight, and maybe Snake, in terms of third-party chars. This could, however, be a good chance to boost her recognition and popularity in general.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
[...]WoC character[...]
"WoC" = "Woman of Color", huh? Since I'm old and my first language is French, I had to look this up. Anyway...

***** POWER!

"I fully support Shantae for my Smashed Brothers"
--Tupac Shakur, 2015, from the Caribbean island where he's now living with Biggie, Big Pun and Elvis.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
If Shovel Knight was over hyped by him Shantae can be as well. She just needs more attention. And I'm sure it won't be the character with the most votes that would win. It will be a character with plenty of votes that they think would work and besides Wayforward could easily just come in and see them.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
If Shovel Knight was over hyped by him Shantae can be as well. She just needs more attention. And I'm sure it won't be the character with the most votes that would win. It will be a character with plenty of votes that they think would work and besides Wayforward could easily just come in and see them.
If nothing else, we should continue to draw the attention where it needs to be and keep building the hype.
Spread the word around, gather fellow supporters, build our strength.
Fight hard, fight smart.

Or, something like that. I'm not the best colorful, sophisticated language.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Nah, you need to get a call from Nintendo if you want any hope of doing that sort of business. Beyond that, though, if it were possible, we'd likely have Micro$oft and Ubi$oft in the mix, too.

What we need to do is spread the Shantae hype wherever we can get it. Explain to the masses why she would work. I'm sure she has plenty of votes (at least, enough for Nintendo to see her), but the more attention the better.

But never, ever stop the hype until it's all said and done, and hype some more. We've got some long months ahead, pals.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Nah, you need to get a call from Nintendo if you want any hope of doing that sort of business. Beyond that, though, if it were possible, we'd likely have Micro$oft and Ubi$oft in the mix, too.

What we need to do is spread the Shantae hype wherever we can get it. Explain to the masses why she would work. I'm sure she has plenty of votes (at least, enough for Nintendo to see her), but the more attention the better.

But never, ever stop the hype until it's all said and done, and hype some more. We've got some long months ahead, pals.
Well, that video explaining 10 reasons why you should vote for Shantae has reached around 12,000 views (at the time of this post) so it seems as though she's getting some consistent attention. The only other thing I can think of that would draw even more hype to her is if ArtsyOmni decided to smashify her (and from the looks of it, she has a pretty good chance of being next). Some more fan art could help, too.

Top Bottom