• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Shantae got into smash what style would you hope for? A more cartoonish style like Toon Link or a more realistic style similar to Shulk?
< Here's my design of what I think Shantae should look like in Smash, I'd say have her be heavily influenced by her Pirate's Curse design, while also containing elements of the rest of her official designs

Also please don't imply that Wayforward is doing all of this ONLY for the publicity

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
< Here's my design of what I think Shantae should look like in Smash, I'd say have her be heavily influenced by her Pirate's Curse design, while also containing elements of the rest of her official designs
Yeah. That works nicely.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How tall should she be? I was thinking about Luigi's height
I could see her being more around Pit's height and proportions

Actually at first I imagined her being taller than Mario but shorter than Peach, but from what I see, Peach and Pit are the exact same height in game, the height comparisons for Smash are weird

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
( Should I really open this can of worms? .Eh, why not) Speaking of Pit, I'm normally not one to ship characters, especially those from different series, but anyone else think Shantae and Pit would make a cute and even compatible pairing?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Why would Shantae want to hook up with a half-chicken who's main desire in life is to become a goldfish?

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice

Also please don't imply that Wayforward is doing all of this ONLY for the publicity
I think the way you think I'm using the word publicity is different from the way I'm actually using it. I mean it's to promote her a lot for the Smash Ballot. I know they also do it because they're just great guys though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think the way you think I'm using the word publicity is different from the way I'm actually using it. I mean it's to promote her a lot for the Smash Ballot. I know they also do it because they're just great guys though.
Sorry about that, yeah that's sorta what it came off as, or at least what it came off to me as, I know now that's not what you intended

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I could see her being more around Pit's height and proportions

Actually at first I imagined her being taller than Mario but shorter than Peach, but from what I see, Peach and Pit are the exact same height in game, the height comparisons for Smash are weird
Actually, that would be pretty fitting. Heck, I won't even lie, I've honestly always thought that that not only were Shantae and Pit the exact same height, why, I've even thought they were the same age!

( Should I really open this can of worms? .Eh, why not) Speaking of Pit, I'm normally not one to ship characters, especially those from different series, but anyone else think Shantae and Pit would make a cute and even compatible pairing?
Wow! I can't believe it! So I'm not the only one who's thought about this?! I've personally thought Shantae would probably find Pit's "Adorkable" personality...well...kind of adorable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I thought I was the only one.
Why would Shantae want to hook up with a half-chicken who's main desire in life is to become a goldfish?
Pit lives a simple life with simple goals. Whether it's eating floor ice cream or becoming a goldfish, he's determined.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Well they both do like Bath Houses/Hot Springs.

I like how this is actually happening right now, silly fun

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well they both do like Bath Houses/Hot Springs.

I like how this is actually happening right now, silly fun
I usually just check out the Shantae fourms, but Pit x Shantae was brought up, and I had to join. I was already a supporter, but now I want a Kid Icarus/Shantae crossover all of a sudden.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I do think Shantae and Pit would work on a few levels: they have a few things in common-both are magic guardians with big handicaps that they want to overcome (Shantae only having half a genie's power, Pit being an angel who can't fly) both have quirky personalities, have similar senses of humor, similar moral standings as they both clearly value the lives of their allies more than their own lives, can be pretty intelligent at times but be complete goofballs in other times. Both of them are showoffs and pretty cocky, but don't look down on others. Both are able to singlehandedly take down entire armies but themselves and have fought dark duplicates of themselves that were created from them. And both of them have optimistic natures and believe in the good of everyone. And I feel they'd be a positive influence on each other, with Shantae being a social influence on Pit as well as being someone close to his (mental) age that he can be with while Pit's strong spirit and confidence helps Shantae in her own times of self doubt. All I know is that if she does make it into Smash, expect a lot of fanart from me of this pairing (don't worry though, I'm not one of THOSE artists)

(Also what did I just start?)

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
I do think Shantae and Pit would work on a few levels: they have a few things in common-both are magic guardians with big handicaps that they want to overcome (Shantae only having half a genie's power, Pit being an angel who can't fly) both have quirky personalities, have similar senses of humor, similar moral standings as they both clearly value the lives of their allies more than their own lives, can be pretty intelligent at times but be complete goofballs in other times. Both of them are showoffs and pretty cocky, but don't look down on others. Both are able to singlehandedly take down entire armies but themselves and have fought dark duplicates of themselves that were created from them. And both of them have optimistic natures and believe in the good of everyone. And I feel they'd be a positive influence on each other, with Shantae being a social influence on Pit while Pit's strong spirit and confidence helps Shantae in her own times of self doubt. All I know is that if she does make it into Smash, expect a lot of fanart from me of this pairing (don't worry though, I'm not one of THOSE artists)

You started something weird. That's for sure. Not that I'm not used to weird though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since we're on this subject, thought I'd take the time and share this idea for a Palutena's Guidance for Shantae I had:

Pit: So who's this girl Lady Palutena? Her hair's almost as long as yours!
Palutena: and that hair's not just for show, That's Shantae-the half genie hero of Sequin Land
Pit: Wait, a Half-Genie? Is she capable of granting wishes? Do you think she'd be able to grant my wish for me to fly on my own?!
Shantae (using her dialogue artwork from Pirate's Curse, with Cristina Vee as VA): Hey you can ask me directly you know!
Pit: Huh?
Shantae: and unfortunately no, I don't think I'm capable of that power yet
Pit: Oh…..sorry, it's fine, you caught me off guard for a second, it's not often my opponent talks to me like this,
Viridi: So from what I understand, you're able to use your hair to attack and you can transform into different animals and creatures right? Shantae: That's right, and there are still plenty of magic and martial arts I have up my sleeve, I'm just as capable as any other fighter around these parts
Palutena: However Pit, she needs a bit of time to transform to and from her other forms, leaving her open to attack, it's easy for her to draw attention to herself
Pit: Got it!
Shantae: Hey!! N-Not true!
Viridi: As if that outfit and all that dancing weren't enough to draw attention to herself
Shantae:...I'm done talking about this
Viridi: Ha ha! She's just as easily to tease as you Pit!
Shantae: (sigh) You guys really know how to make a guest feel welcome
Pit: Sorry about all that,
Shantae: Don't worry about it, I've dealt with worse
Pit: I doubt that, anyway, I wish ya luck!! …no pun intended

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I do think Shantae and Pit would work on a few levels: they have a few things in common-both are magic guardians with big handicaps that they want to overcome (Shantae only having half a genie's power, Pit being an angel who can't fly) both have quirky personalities, have similar senses of humor, similar moral standings as they both clearly value the lives of their allies more than their own lives, can be pretty intelligent at times but be complete goofballs in other times. Both of them are showoffs and pretty cocky, but don't look down on others. Both are able to singlehandedly take down entire armies but themselves and have fought dark duplicates of themselves that were created from them. And both of them have optimistic natures and believe in the good of everyone. And I feel they'd be a positive influence on each other, with Shantae being a social influence on Pit as well as being someone close to his (mental) age that he can be with while Pit's strong spirit and confidence helps Shantae in her own times of self doubt. All I know is that if she does make it into Smash, expect a lot of fanart from me of this pairing (don't worry though, I'm not one of THOSE artists)

You started a new ship. First Snamus, then Palucina, now Pit x Shantae, what's next Little Mac x Ryu?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I like it. As a matter of fact, in the hypothetical chance Shantae was in Smash 4 as DLC, and DLC fighters got unique guidances, I won't lie, I honestly thought Shantae's would involve Pit almost instantly falling in love with her. (For certain reasons) or that they get to talking and they simply think the other is REALLY cute. (Well, Shantae would probably find Pit really cute, and Pit would find her really cute and pretty. All the while, Palutena and Viridi would tease Pit for everything this Guidance was worth.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

I'm gonna go now.

Also, at first I thought this whole conversation was just silly but now I'm buying into the idea.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I like it. As a matter of fact, in the hypothetical chance Shantae was in Smash 4 as DLC, and DLC fighters got unique guidances, I won't lie, I honestly thought Shantae's would involve Pit almost instantly falling in love with her. (For certain reasons) or that they get to talking and they simply think the other is REALLY cute. (Well, Shantae would probably find Pit really cute, and Pit would find her really cute and pretty. All the while, Palutena and Viridi would tease Pit for everything this Guidance was worth.
Imagine the game having a story mode, and Shantae was paired up with Pit. Palutena and Viridi would mock them the entire time, only for them to actually get together.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Since we're on this subject, thought I'd take the time and share this idea for a Palutena's Guidance for Shantae I had:

Pit: So who's this girl Lady Palutena? Her hair's almost as long as yours!
Palutena: and that hair's not just for show, That's Shantae-the half genie hero of Sequin Land
Pit: Wait, a Half-Genie? Is she capable of granting wishes? Do you think she'd be able to grant my wish for me to fly on my own?!
Shantae (using her dialogue artwork from Pirate's Curse, with Cristina Vee as VA): Hey you can ask me directly you know!
Pit: Huh?
Shantae: and unfortunately no, I don't think I'm capable of that power yet
Pit: Oh…..sorry, it's fine, you caught me off guard for a second, it's not often my opponent talks to me like this,
Viridi: So from what I understand, you're able to use your hair to attack and you can transform into different animals and creatures right? Shantae: That's right, and there are still plenty of magic and martial arts I have up my sleeve, I'm just as capable as any other fighter around these parts
Palutena: However Pit, she needs a bit of time to transform to and from her other forms, leaving her open to attack, it's easy for her to draw attention to herself
Pit: Got it!
Shantae: Hey!! N-Not true!
Viridi: As if that outfit and all that dancing weren't enough to draw attention to herself
Shantae:...I'm done talking about this
Viridi: Ha ha! She's just as easily to tease as you Pit!
Shantae: (sigh) You guys really know how to make a guest feel welcome
Pit: Sorry about all that,
Shantae: Don't worry about it, I've dealt with worse
Pit: I doubt that, anyway, I wish ya luck!! …no pun intended
I found one on YouTube that I think works just as well.

........................I'm sorry please don't kill me...............

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
...do you guys think Sakurai is seeing all the Shantae support? I feel like there's just too much to ignore but, I'm not sure if he knows how wanted she is.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
...do you guys think Sakurai is seeing all the Shantae support? I feel like there's just too much to ignore but, I'm not sure if he knows how wanted she is.
I hope he is. There was just to much stuff not to see it.the imbd incident, the matt bozon tweet, pictures from WayForward, rumors being spammed on YouTube and websites. Pictures and all of wayfowards support. I really hope this increased her chances by a lot.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Imagine the game having a story mode, and Shantae was paired up with Pit. Palutena and Viridi would mock them the entire time, only for them to actually get together.
That would probably work even better! I can picture it now, but how do you think it''d turn out? (I mean what do you think they'd say to them?)

CFood

Smash Cadet
Yo, it's been a while. Been working like crazy and haven't had much time to get on. And once again I think someone shared it before me.

But I commissioned another Link and Shantae pic. By OmegaSunBurst. (Of course he's one of the biggest Shantae fanartists so you've probably already seen it anyways without this thread.)

http://omegasunburst.deviantart.com/art/Comm-CFood-551728619

I know someone said to slowdown on just posting pictures in here, but this is kinda related to the topic. :p

(Also, I feel like that's an Oracle of Seasons reference)

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I think a foolproof way of giving Shantae more publicity is two things:

1. Make a Shantae Mii fighter and use her on Online Tourneys that allow miis, most likely with "Shantae4SB" as your name.

2. Remember how I mentioned that Nintendo Power loved Shantae? Their staff roams Twitter, not to mention that Chris Hoffman and Chris Slate have a podcast. I think it may be a good idea to ask if they'd like to see her in Smash, considering how much they loved her and Wayforward.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That would probably work even better! I can picture it now, but how do you think it''d turn out? (I mean what do you think they'd say to them?)
Since Viridi is an 8 yr old(converted to human), she'd be singing the tree kiss song. Pit and Shantae sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g .

Palutena would just be her usual self. Tells him to focus on the mission in hand, talk about how hungry she is, and if Shantae calls her mam, she'd force Pit to not be with her anymore.

Black-magic13

Smash Apprentice
I think a foolproof way of giving Shantae more publicity is two things:

1. Make a Shantae Mii fighter and use her on Online Tourneys that allow miis, most likely with "Shantae4SB" as your name.

2. Remember how I mentioned that Nintendo Power loved Shantae? Their staff roams Twitter, not to mention that Chris Hoffman and Chris Slate have a podcast. I think it may be a good idea to ask if they'd like to see her in Smash, considering how much they loved her and Wayforward.
I don't have a twitter but if someone does I so say you should do this.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Well I've seen a lot of Little Mac X Samus along with Little Mac X Wii Fit Trainer,
I think Shantae x Samus or Link could be a thing. Not for a ship, but for cute situations where Shantae looks up to them and considers them her idols, as the series was inspired by Legend of Zelda and Metroid.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well I've seen a lot of Little Mac X Samus along with Little Mac X Wii Fit Trainer,
Little Mac x Samus, all started just because Mac punched her...memories
Little Mac x Wii Fit Trainer on the other hand seems to work. He can have 2 trainers for the price of one...hundred chocolate bars for Doc Louis.

Top Bottom