• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
On gamefaqs there was a huge argument about how this was fake and biased or something like that. If its fake that makes me happy .
It most likely isn't.

People are most likely claiming that it's fake and biased because the character they're voting for either isn't high on the list or isn't there at all.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
On gamefaqs there was a huge argument about how this was fake and biased or something like that. If its fake that makes me happy .
It ain't.

PushDustIn is one of the most reliable folks we have on these boards, and Source Gaming being one of the most reliable in the Japanese side of the Smash community, that personally took the time to count over a thousand "votes" across multiple Japanese sources on Miiverse, Twitter, etc. and not just in some random online poll that might have 200 voters at most.

This is as real as it gets and I'm damn fine with that.

People want to prove its fake because their preferred character isn't on there.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
How can it be recent if it hasn't come out yet?
If you were to make an Amiibo, would you have it work for the older game that came out a while ago or for the upcoming game that you're working on, so you can add content into the game you're currently developing, instead of fiddling with the previous installments that people are going to move away from once the new game comes out?

I'm sure programming to have an NFC chip work properly, add the content, and have the data saved back into the chip, isn't easy.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
If you were to make an Amiibo, would you have it work for the older game that came out a while ago or for the upcoming game that you're working on, so you can add content into the game you're currently developing, instead of fiddling with the previous installments that people are going to move away from once the new game comes out?

I'm sure programming to have an NFC chip work properly, add the content, and have the data saved back into the chip, isn't easy.
Well for Shovel Knight his game came out already. Unless Sakurai plays the entire HGH game before October 3rd then he will choose either the classic look or more detailed look that would fit with the Smash Universe(notice how Peach's dress are more detailed then her regular Super Mario version?).

So we can't tell what Sakurai would pick too represent in Smash. And Wayforward would rather wait to see if Shantae is getting into Smash or not before getting an Amiibo for her made.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Well for Shovel Knight his game came out already. Unless Sakurai plays the entire HGH game before October 3rd then he will choose either the classic look or more detailed look that would fit with the Smash Universe(notice how Peach's dress are more detailed then her regular Super Mario version?).

So we can't tell what Sakurai would pick too represent in Smash. And Wayforward would rather wait to see if Shantae is getting into Smash or not before getting an Amiibo for her made.
Who said this was about Smash? I'm talking about Amiibo alone.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
>When you learn that some of the comments on PushDustin's article point out that Japan isn't too happy about the west wanting Shovel Knight

Granted, the reaction to some of the West wanting Shantae is probably the same for the same reason, but it's still funny in a way to see salt coming from the eastern side of Smash.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Who said this was about Smash? I'm talking about Amiibo alone.
I am being positive about Shantae(Smash Version) Amiibo. If Wayforward wants a Shantae Amiibo it is fine. But I want a Smash Amiibo of her so that will be our proof that our words DO reach the developers and that Shantae is the best Indie representative for Smash.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
View attachment 73315
Yeah, K. Rool wins.

good

To be honest, it's not a surprise that the line up of desired characters over in Japan would be different than how it is over here. They have dramatically different preferences than the west does. on another note, at least we can scratch Roy off of that pie chart since he's in now already XD.

I also really like the Banjo & Kazooie presence on that chart. While it is definitely quite a few notches below some of the higher characters, the fact that they are still there should say something. I'm really happy to see that..

Anyway, I'm at least happy that the chart has a lot of favorable and heavily campaigned characters on it.

Going back on topic now, applying this to Shantae... Do any of you think people are voting for Shantae in Japan? Do you think we could get some eastern supporters now, or is it just too late?.. I mean the ballot is getting very close to it's end..

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
To be honest, it's not a surprise that the line up of desired characters over in Japan would be different than how it is over here. They have dramatically different preferences than the west does. on another note, at least we can scratch Roy off of that pie chart since he's in now already XD.

I also really like the Banjo & Kazooie presence on that chart. While it is definitely quite a few notches below some of the higher characters, the fact that they are still there should say something. I'm really happy to see that..

Anyway, I'm at least happy that the chart has a lot of favorable and heavily campaigned characters on it.

Going back on topic now, applying this to Shantae... Do any of you think people are voting for Shantae in Japan? Do you think we could get some eastern supporters now, or is it just too late?.. I mean the ballot is getting very close to it's end..
Like I just said, some people have pointed out on PushDustin's article that Japan isn't all that happy about the west wanting Shovel Knight. Granted, the reaction to Shantae is probably the same, but she is gathering more traffic in Japan than he is, with Inti Create's involvement in recent titles, the tweets by Ken and Ko, and Wayforward having games released in Japan.

The only thing I've seen Shovel Knight have in Japan is that cameo in Bloodstained.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Like I just said, some people have pointed out on PushDustin's article that Japan isn't all that happy about the west wanting Shovel Knight. Granted, the reaction to Shantae is probably the same, but she is gathering more traffic in Japan than he is, with Inti Create's involvement in recent titles, the tweets by Ken and Ko, and Wayforward having games released in Japan.

The only thing I've seen Shovel Knight have in Japan is that cameo in Bloodstained.
Indeed. Of course, I guess the real question would be then, would the support from the West pick up the slack of the near non-existant vote presence over in the East?..

Due to the popularity of Shovel and Shantae over here, I would at least hope so XD

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Shantae is still on the verge of getting a game released there, but Intergrow is taking way too long to release Risky's Revenge.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Shovel Knight has an Amiibo.

Shantae has the dignity to have an original game that doesn't run off nostalgia.

That's my stance.

Speaking of Kickstarter games, my demo for Mighty No. 9 came in from Amazon:
image.jpg

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Heh, is Rotty measuring Shantae for a new outfit or a coffin? lol
"What are these measurements actually for, Rottytops?!"

"They're, uh... For a new... Sweater! Yes, a sweater."

"At this time of year?"

"Just let me eat your brains."

>Rottytops is shoved into jail

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
From what I've been hearing, supposedly there is going to be an update on September 30th... Don't have confirmation or a source on that though. Can anyone see if that's got some backbone to it?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
From what I've been hearing, supposedly there is going to be an update on September 30th... Don't have confirmation or a source on that though. Can anyone see if that's got some backbone to it?
Because that's when the stage is added...

It even says it on the announcement video!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The mario maker thing? Well I missed that actually, which is why I didn't know about that.. Think we could get word on anything else at that time?... Maybe a direct or.. Something? Ugh. I REALLY hope we get something soon XD

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
"What are these measurements actually for, Rottytops?!"

"They're, uh... For a new... Sweater! Yes, a sweater."

"At this time of year?"

"Just let me eat your brains."

>Rottytops is shoved into jail
Rotty is the biggest tease. It's hard to tell if she sees Shantae as a friend, a potential lover(she is rather flirty!), or just a snack.

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
Finally finished! I really like how it turned out. She looks adorable!

shantae nendoroid.png

Top Bottom