• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Looks fantastic. I'd squeeze in Isaac and Bandana Dee in there and this would be absolute gold.

Though it's funny how K. Rool is the only first party on here. That's fine though. Best first party choice.
My top choices are K. Rool, Shantae, Rayman, and a new F-Zero rep.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
I am sure it will be back, just need to have enough demand. Fans need to demonstrate to nintendo that
the franchise is still a viable option in the market. bottomline show them it will be profitable and they will bring it back.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
My top choices are K. Rool, Shantae, Rayman, and a new F-Zero rep.
Pico gets my vote for a new F-Zero character. Goroh is Falcon's rival and the most likely. Black Shadow could be the answer to Falcondorf.

My top choices are K. Rool, Shantae, and Bandana Dee. Characters I want but have no chance are Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie. Other characters I would like to see but didn't vote for are Wolf and Sceptile.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Y'know, it makes me cringe to know that people apparently dig deep enough to claim that Shantae is a sexist character in terms of design and abilities, but not deep enough to know that she was created by a woman, which pretty much makes those arguments fall flat.
image.jpg

Thank you for creating one of my favorite gaming heroes, Erin Bozon. ^^
image.jpg

(She also animated the first two seasons of Futarama. Fun fact.)

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I can't help but saying this. Shantae is destined for many great things in life, and Super Smash bros is DEFINITELY the one for her! I wish Shantae could winn the DLC vote, becuse she fits in so wel with the Thired party company. Nintendo would possibly be pleased if Shantae were added. My thoughts are like actions that keep me invigorated to vote for her! anywho, good luck to #TeamShantae for Super Smash Bros DLC!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I am sure it will be back, just need to have enough demand. Fans need to demonstrate to nintendo that
the franchise is still a viable option in the market. bottomline show them it will be profitable and they will bring it back.
No, the staff just needs to wait for Miyamoto to call a sick day.

Even during the development of MK8, a the director said that a lot of people working on that want to work on an F-Zero title, instead.

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
In sales Mario Kart is the bigger money maker though.

Its makes sense why they would rather have people make MK8 versus F Zero

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
No, the staff just needs to wait for Miyamoto to call a sick day.

Even during the development of MK8, a the director said that a lot of people working on that want to work on an F-Zero title, instead.
Can you imagine an F-Zero in modern graphics?

*salivates*

Even the Gamecube game is still beautiful. Just imagine that in 1080p HD at 60fps.

In sales Mario Kart is the bigger money maker though.

Its makes sense why they would rather have people make MK8 versus F Zero
This is Miyamoto's thought process exactly. Why work on old franchises or make new ones when you can just have Mario again? We got lucky that Splatoon didn't end up using Mario characters, which they may very well have done. Now we have the Inklings.

Love my boy Mario but I'm starting to get sick of him hogging all the spot light.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The reason why Shantae isn't in Smash yet is because Wario knows he hasn't paid Shantae for that microgame job.
image.jpg

And is fully aware of the fury she will unleash.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Can't say I have. I try not to play too many computer games, my poor lappy can't handle them.

BTW, had an idea for the more artistic. We should gather up several drawings of Shantae cosplaying as the various Smash characters and show it to Bozon and WayForward. Not just as a #Shantae4Smash thing, but also to maybe put some ideas for HGH amiibo support!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Can't say I have. I try not to play too many computer games, my poor lappy can't handle them.

BTW, had an idea for the more artistic. We should gather up several drawings of Shantae cosplaying as the various Smash characters and show it to Bozon and WayForward. Not just as a #Shantae4Smash thing, but also to maybe put some ideas for HGH amiibo support!
I'll start it, then.
image.jpg

(I'm way too proud of this. :p)

Last edited:

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Time is flying by. The ballot is almost over already. Remeber to keep spreading the word anywhere and everywhere you can. Let's pray for a miracle. As fans we worked hard and are still working hard, lets hope it pays off in the end.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Time is flying by. The ballot is almost over already. Remeber to keep spreading the word anywhere and everywhere you can. Let's pray for a miracle. As fans we worked hard and are still working hard, lets hope it pays off in the end.
Don't worry I am spreading the hype around.
#Shantae4Smash

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I wonder what a Shantae chess set would look like.

On the white side, Shantae is the King, Uncle Mimic is the Queen, Bolo is the Bishop, Sky is the Knight, Rottytops is the Rook, and heart squids are the pawns.

Any ideas for the black side? All I can think of is Risky as the king and Tinkerbats for pawns.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I wonder what a Shantae chess set would look like.

On the white side, Shantae is the King, Uncle Mimic is the Queen, Bolo is the Bishop, Sky is the Knight, Rottytops is the Rook, and heart squids are the pawns.

Any ideas for the black side? All I can think of is Risky as the king and Tinkerbats for pawns.
Ammo Baron as Queen, Squid Baron as Bishop, Techno Baron as the Knight, and Hypno Baron as the Rook.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I want to see what all the hype is about this Shantae is, therefore I'd like to announce that I just downloaded the Shantae game from e-shop and I'm going to play this game.

Seriously I want to know why there is so much hype over this Shantae chick.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
Good on you for that, but just remember that, like I said before, that it isn't necessarily all Shantae.

Wayforward's complete and utter dedication to Nintendo's mobile online shop is the reason why a bunch of us here can see her becoming a character.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
I want to see what all the hype is about this Shantae is, therefore I'd like to announce that I just downloaded the Shantae game from e-shop and I'm going to play this game.

Its pretty much playing homage to games back in the late 80's and early 90's. Alot of people like it for how much content is in the game and its fresh concept. character is also very likable.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253

There's a load of factors, some obvious and some people don't even bother looking up for some reason.
She's all in all very pleasing to the eyes (take that as you will), and has quite the story behind her (mainly WayForward), alongside being an indie (in the sense that it's independent, and not so much as some cheapo, modern "indie") that has the most loyalty to Nintendo, dating back from the GBC, and it's only recently that her games have been on other consoles. Even then they're still on Nintendo first.

Her games are great to the bone, even if they're a tad brutal at times. Great music, great visuals, and (mostly, depending on which game you play) tight controls and gameplay. Even if it's in that Metroidvania style of thing, it's as original as it gets, and for Smash there's so much you can work off of with her.

Which Shantae game did you download? Pirate's Curse, I assume?

Oh yeah, and if you're into that PC stuff, she's a strong, female, 'Arabian' protag who don't need no man. even then she still ticks off some PC guys, but let's not get too deep into that.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

I put Banjo-Kazooie down after Mumbo's Mountain.

I've been asking myself a similar question for years.

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
I put Banjo-Kazooie down after Mumbo's Mountain.

I've been asking myself a similar question for years.
you never got past the first part, if you did you would understood what made the banjo series so great.

the first level was the weakest imo of the game, it gets better as you go along.

give it a shot if you have 360 or an xbox one.

but remember it won't be the same experience as it was the n64.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice

If you bought the first game and it's a little too aged for your tastes, please give the second game, Risky's Revenge, a shot as well.

RR is very cheap and short, the gameplay and graphics are obviously way more polished, and it'd give newcomers to the series a far better idea of what to expect overall from future games.

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
the second game is pretty awesome XD, i am probably going to buy the wiiu version soon enough aswell.

Top Bottom