• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Honestly, I'm gonna say it, low.

I want her in, but she is a western-exclusive 3rd Party indie character with good support but overall below the flash in the pan spike that Shovel Knight got near the start of the ballot, when most votes were initially spent.
Yea I'm thinking her chances aren't to great to be honest. Sux tho cause all the popular choices are ugh to me. (No offense to anyone here) she is the only one that's talked about alot that I have a likeness for.
I want her bad and I still support her, but until she gets localized in Japan she's not very likely. It pains me to say that but I don't want to give myself or you guys false hope. She most likely won't become DLC. However, when her games DO get localized, her chances for Smash 5 will skyrocket. So DLC she's unlikely but Smash 5 she's very likely. WayForward just needs to make sure people know who she is. As long as this fan base doesn't die out, she's almost guaranteed for 5. So keep that in mind if she doesn't get in as DLC, it's not even close to over.
I don't think any characters who don't have a Japanese presence are at all likely. I think it's definitely possible that we'll get a character who's more popular in the west than in Japan, but at the moment all of the 3rd party characters are really big stars.

So I think Shantae getting in would be a huge surprise. It's definitely one I would welcome, though.
I think all this pessimism is unwarranted. If you look at other ballot front runners, they all have obstacles too. It's true that nobody should be getting their hopes up for Shantae, but that goes for any ballot character you could name. I don't think Shantae is worse off than most of them.

King K. Rool and Wolf are commonly viewed as the most likely to make it in, and I agree with that. Even with these two, K. Rool hasn't been featured in a game in a while and got that Mii costume. Wolf's support hasn't even been that overwhelming; people just assume he's a shoo-in because he's a Brawl vet without any obvious drawbacks.

After those two, Isaac is arguably the third most likely. But he has challenges too: the Golden Sun series was a long time ago, and obviously has no future. Even in it's own time it was popular but it wasn't a smash hit. One or two of the games got good reviews, and were solid RPGs, but there wasn't anything super unique or standout about them. Isaac wasn't even the main character in all three of the Golden Sun games. The only thing keeping him afloat as a candidate is that he has such a strong campaign going for him.

Besides those three, who is Shantae competing against? In no particular order, Inklings, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Krystal, Shovel Knight, and Snake are the main ones. Paper Mario suffers heavily from the problem of series over-saturation, which is something we know Sakurai takes into account. Bandana Dee is a side character, kind of like Toad in the Mario universe, and Sakurai doesn't show favoritism to Kirby stuff dating from after his involvement with the series. Krystal hasn't been as popular as these others, isn't in the big Star Fox reboot on the way, and competes with the much more likely, popular, and relevant Wolf for a spot. Shovel Knight started strong but faded big time and never really recovered, plus he is in the same boat as Shantae, except without any of the strong arguments in her favor. Snake is almost certainly going to be a victim of the Konami fiasco - the idea that getting him into Smash again could be as simple as just a handshake, as I've seen some very desperate Snake fans suggest, is at best some very wishful thinking. As for the Inklings, I've written at length before on why I think they are much more likely to be saved for Smash 5 than they are to be added as Smash 4 DLC:

Rather than using the current Smash to promote Splatoon, Nintendo should use Splatoon to promote the next Smash. In fact it would be astonishingly short-sighted for Nintendo to do otherwise.

Commercially Splatoon is already a smashing success, and the long train of DLC planned (plus the lack of competition from other shooters on Wii U) just about guarantees the game's longevity. Adding Inklings to Smash won't convince anyone to buy a Wii U who hasn't already, so all it would accomplish is advertising Splatoon to Wii U owners who have Smash already but not Splatoon. Since the Wii U user base is small and Splatoon has already proved a huge hit, there is very limited potential for adding Inklings to Smash to further improve on Splatoon's success. Splatoon already has tons of exposure. It would just be overkill.

Saving Inklings for Smash 5 on the other hand could be a huge advantage. New Smash games generate hype through newcomers. Splatoon is a franchise with a future. By the time we are talking about the next Smash game, Inklings are likely to be among the most anticipated newcomers, and possibly THE most anticipated newcomer. That goes double if there is already a Splatoon sequel on the NX by the time Smash 5 comes out (Splatwoon? Spla2oon? Maybe they better stick to Splatoon 2). Frankly Nintendo has already used up most of the good options for exciting newcomers. Smash 5 NEEDS at least a handful of them to replicate the success of its predecessors. Smash is a hugely important franchise for Nintendo now, and they have a lot at stake in the success of the next Smash game.

It would be a huge waste to throw away Inklings as an afterthought DLC character in Smash 4 when they could make so much more impact as the most highly anticipated newcomer in Smash 5. I actually want Inklings in Smash really bad, but I would be pretty disappointed if Nintendo jumped the gun on this one.

Shantae's got two problems - being indie, and lacking recognition in Japan. I'm not convinced either of those is a big disadvantage for reasons I've elaborated on a lot in the past (and I can discuss it again if you like). And in any case, we don't really know one way or the other. Unless you work with Sakurai, you can't really know how he will weigh lack of Japanese recognition vs. series saturation, especially when it likely varies by the particular character you are talking aobut. I don't see any reason to think Shantae is worse off than any of these other front runners.

As for popularity, Shantae has definitely had a good wave of support. How big that is in terms of voting numbers is impossible to say, but we also know that number of votes is not going to be the determining factor. Shantae unquestionably has enough votes to at least attract Sakurai's attention. There are plenty of reasons to think adding Shantae would be a smart move for Nintendo, which I can list if you like.

One last point I would make is that we may actually be seeing more DLC characters than we are expecting. Every single time we've gotten news about DLC characters so far, Sakurai has surprised us with more than we expected. The Mewtwo announcement was a surprise, when we got the Mewtwo trailer Sakurai surprised us with the Lucas announcement and the ballot, and when Lucas was released he surprised us with Ryu and Roy (or at least intended to). There is a character pack 1 on eshop with 4 characters. I'll bet we see two more character packs with 3-4 characters apiece. If that many characters make it in, then everybody's chances go up a lot, including Shantae's.

For these reasons, this idea that Shantae is unlikely relative to other ballot choices is unconvincing. Let's not let circle-jerkers elsewhere drag us down with their heavily biased bull**** and negativity.

Hi guys.

Am I bad person for really wanting Shantae as DLC, even though I have never once played or seen her games?

D:

Please don't hate me
If you want her and you haven't even played her games yet, just wait until you do play her games. SO good.

Mind if I ask a quick question involving my palette swap ideas?

I've probably asked this before, but the one above is meant to be the final version, is there anything that I need to fix/change?
or any that should be swapped out for any of the ones below (minus from the last one)?
(did I kill the thread?)
I've seen these before and I think this every time I see them. This artwork looks great EXCEPT for one thing: her teeth. All you see of her teeth in this picture is a small white triangle, so every time I see it, it looks like she has a fang. It makes her look like one of those cutesy anime demons or vampires or whatever. Maybe you could redo the teeth, but I think if you just took them out altogether, that would probably work just fine. Again, overall this artwork is great, but that one thing always bugs me.

Old news, the person who made that poll was biased and did not include K. Rool as an option. And admitted himself to being a Shantae fan. He eventually felt obligated to release a second poll that featured him.
You know what the most annoying part is? Around the same time, there was another poll which Shantae also won, which was larger and without any bias issues. Yet the flawed one got all the attention.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
I think all this pessimism is unwarranted. If you look at other ballot front runners, they all have obstacles too. It's true that nobody should be getting their hopes up for Shantae, but that goes for any ballot character you could name. I don't think Shantae is worse off than most of them.

King K. Rool and Wolf are commonly viewed as the most likely to make it in, and I agree with that. Even with these two, K. Rool hasn't been featured in a game in a while and got that Mii costume. Wolf's support hasn't even been that overwhelming; people just assume he's a shoo-in because he's a Brawl vet without any obvious drawbacks.

After those two, Isaac is arguably the third most likely. But he has challenges too: the Golden Sun series was a long time ago, and obviously has no future. Even in it's own time it was popular but it wasn't a smash hit. One or two of the games got good reviews, and were solid RPGs, but there wasn't anything super unique or standout about them. Isaac wasn't even the main character in all three of the Golden Sun games. The only thing keeping him afloat as a candidate is that he has such a strong campaign going for him.

Besides those three, who is Shantae competing against? In no particular order, Inklings, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Krystal, Shovel Knight, and Snake are the main ones. Paper Mario suffers heavily from the problem of series over-saturation, which is something we know Sakurai takes into account. Bandana Dee is a side character, kind of like Toad in the Mario universe, and Sakurai doesn't show favoritism to Kirby stuff dating from after his involvement with the series. Krystal hasn't been as popular as these others, isn't in the big Star Fox reboot on the way, and competes with the much more likely, popular, and relevant Wolf for a spot. Shovel Knight started strong but faded big time and never really recovered, plus he is in the same boat as Shantae, except without any of the strong arguments in her favor. Snake is almost certainly going to be a victim of the Konami fiasco - the idea that getting him into Smash again could be as simple as just a handshake, as I've seen some very desperate Snake fans suggest, is at best some very wishful thinking. As for the Inklings, I've written at length before on why I think they are much more likely to be saved for Smash 5 than they are to be added as Smash 4 DLC:

Rather than using the current Smash to promote Splatoon, Nintendo should use Splatoon to promote the next Smash. In fact it would be astonishingly short-sighted for Nintendo to do otherwise.

Commercially Splatoon is already a smashing success, and the long train of DLC planned (plus the lack of competition from other shooters on Wii U) just about guarantees the game's longevity. Adding Inklings to Smash won't convince anyone to buy a Wii U who hasn't already, so all it would accomplish is advertising Splatoon to Wii U owners who have Smash already but not Splatoon. Since the Wii U user base is small and Splatoon has already proved a huge hit, there is very limited potential for adding Inklings to Smash to further improve on Splatoon's success. Splatoon already has tons of exposure. It would just be overkill.

Saving Inklings for Smash 5 on the other hand could be a huge advantage. New Smash games generate hype through newcomers. Splatoon is a franchise with a future. By the time we are talking about the next Smash game, Inklings are likely to be among the most anticipated newcomers, and possibly THE most anticipated newcomer. That goes double if there is already a Splatoon sequel on the NX by the time Smash 5 comes out (Splatwoon? Spla2oon? Maybe they better stick to Splatoon 2). Frankly Nintendo has already used up most of the good options for exciting newcomers. Smash 5 NEEDS at least a handful of them to replicate the success of its predecessors. Smash is a hugely important franchise for Nintendo now, and they have a lot at stake in the success of the next Smash game.

It would be a huge waste to throw away Inklings as an afterthought DLC character in Smash 4 when they could make so much more impact as the most highly anticipated newcomer in Smash 5. I actually want Inklings in Smash really bad, but I would be pretty disappointed if Nintendo jumped the gun on this one.

Shantae's got two problems - being indie, and lacking recognition in Japan. I'm not convinced either of those is a big disadvantage for reasons I've elaborated on a lot in the past (and I can discuss it again if you like). And in any case, we don't really know one way or the other. Unless you work with Sakurai, you can't really know how he will weigh lack of Japanese recognition vs. character saturation. I don't see any reason to think Shantae is worse off than any of these other front runners.

As for popularity, Shantae has definitely had a good wave of support. How big that is in terms of voting numbers is impossible to say, but we also know that number of votes is not going to be the determining factor. Shantae unquestionably has enough votes to at least attract Sakurai's attention. There are plenty of reasons to think adding Shantae would be a smart move for Nintendo, which I can list if you like.

One last point I would make is that we may actually be seeing more DLC characters than we are expecting. Every single time we've gotten news about DLC characters so far, Sakurai has surprised us with more than we expected. The Mewtwo announcement was a surprise, when we got the Mewtwo trailer Sakurai surprised us with the Lucas announcement and the ballot, and when Lucas was released he surprised us with Ryu and Roy (or at least intended to). There is a character pack 1 on eshop with 4 characters. I'll bet we see two more character packs with 3-4 characters apiece. If that many characters make it in, then everybody's chances go up a lot, including Shantae's.

For these reasons, this idea that Shantae is unlikely relative to other ballot choices is unconvincing. Let's not let circle-jerkers elsewhere drag us down with their heavily biased bull**** and negativity.

If you want her and you haven't even played her games yet, just wait until you do play her games. SO good.

I've seen these before and I think this every time I see them. This artwork looks great EXCEPT for one thing: her teeth. All you see of her teeth in this picture is a small white triangle, so every time I see it, it looks like she has a fang. It makes her look like one of those cutesy anime demons or vampires or whatever. Maybe you could redo the teeth, but I think if you just took them out altogether, that would probably work just fine. Again, overall this artwork is great, but that one thing always bugs me.

You know what the most annoying part is? Around the same time, there was another poll which Shantae also won, which was larger and without any bias issues. Yet the flawed one got all the attention.
Ah, thank-you! I was worried I was the only one still optimistic lol. Nice post sir, nice post.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
she's in the lead in the ballot, shovel knight is second.

its all down to what the smash team chooses.

i am thinking both her and shovel knight will be making it in.

also i don't think they mentioned how many characters are going to be put in.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
she's in the lead in the ballot, shovel knight is second.

its all down to what the smash team chooses.

i am thinking both her and shovel knight will be making it in.

also i don't think they mentioned how many characters are going to be put in.
Aye, Shantae and Shovel Knight would be awesome. Still, Shantae's got my vote! And glad you like the moveset I made.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I think Shantae's chances are decent. More so if Bozon's teasing is more than just trolling.

I'm also thinking that we may get more than just the poll winner. I think we'll get between 3 and 5 more newcomers out of the poll.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
its going to be probably top 5 or less.

they might do it again later on down the line, the increase the games life span.

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master
higher the character's rank via popularity the better the chances. I doubt her being in would even be teased if she wasn't so high in the rankings.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Shantae's got two problems - being indie, and lacking recognition in Japan. I'm not convinced either of those is a big disadvantage for reasons I've elaborated on a lot in the past (and I can discuss it again if you like). And in any case, we don't really know one way or the other. Unless you work with Sakurai, you can't really know how he will weigh lack of Japanese recognition vs. series saturation, especially when it likely varies by the particular character you are talking aobut. I don't see any reason to think Shantae is worse off than any of these other front runners.

I think ya forgot Rayman in that list. He's got a big following, probably one of the big hitters in the 3rd Party candidates. (Since everyone is insistent that Indies and 3rd parties are their own groups, I'll just keep em seperate.) To be honest, whether all of these detractions people throw around for all campaigns as a whole (including this one), all depends on whether or not this ballot is straight up fan service... considering how Sakurai has stated just that, I believe it is.

Chances are, it will all depend on the ballot results. Favorable characters will have a high chance of getting in, and troll, non-video game characters won't. (I find it funny how some get so worked up over Goku/Shrek suggestions to be honest. They technically don't count, as they didn't originate from a video game... lol.)

So really, these votes are incredibly precious.. and that said, you are right. NO character is a shoo-in. Considering we have NO idea on who is really winning the ballot.. (I ignore ALL of these fan polls everyone constantly mentions. They hold no ground, as they can be easily rigged, and for that matter, It doesn't take into account the same scale of smashers as the real fighter ballot does... They are only grasping at straws.. lol)

So to be honest, we should be more serious. NO campaign should get cocky. Not K. Rool's, not Wolf's, not anyone's actually. Until we see the characters/results hit us in the face next month (or later, if we still don't get anything when the ballot closes), no one should start celebrating. Counting your chickens before they hatch could just end up with disappointment...

Everyone needs to just keep campaigning, as if we are ALL losing... as the real leaders in this thing, are uncertain...

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I'm surprised no one is celebrating the fact we reached 150 pages seriously all this love for Shantae is pure awesomeness seriously :)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
well if you count rayman, bayonetta is up there aswell.
Heh. To be honest, She is a walking M rating. lol..

People like to poke fun at Shantae's getup... Heck, some of Bayonetta's attacks involve STRIPPING...

I personally think a character like that would be fairly controversial... Sure, they could water her down dramatically... but, if she did get in Smash, it wouldn't go over too well, as I'm sure there would be some curious kids, wondering about her source games...

This isn't just about movepool possibilities, or viability. She sounds like a walking lawsuit to me XD

At least Rayman and Shantae look kid friendly.. (and Shantae has a very modest personality at that.)

Last edited:

XbusterKosmos

Keyblade Master

People like to poke fun at Shantae's getup... Heck, some of Bayonetta's attacks involve STRIPPING...

I personally think a character like that would be fairly controversial... Sure, they could water her down dramatically... but, if she did get in Smash, it wouldn't go over too well, as I'm sure there would be some curious kids, wondering about her source games...

This isn't just about movepool possibilities, or viability. She sounds like a walking lawsuit to me XD

At least Rayman and Shantae look kid friendly.. (and Shantae has a very modest personality at that.)
I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't think she would work personally XD

but she's still pretty high up there though.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

The reason why I don't see a problem with Shantae's outfit because it's a part of her character, rather than being just for show.

Shantae's a dancer. It's what she loves. Since the world of Shantae is inspired by stuff like Aladdin and the Arabian Knights, and in Arabia, that's how dancer outfits actually look. Not to mention that dancing actually plays a big part in her moveset.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I've got to correct you on a few points here
Golden Sun series was a long time ago, and obviously has no future.
Dark Dawn, the latest game in the GS series, clearly begs to differ. It ends on a huge cliff hanger with Mathew, Isaac's son, returning to his house with a huge psynergey vortex, which is pretty much a black hole, looming over his house and Isaac no where to be found and then the credits rolls.

Isaac wasn't even the main character in all three of the Golden Sun games.
It is true that he isn't the main character in all of them (only the first) but he is still playable in the second and appears in the third but is still a major character in all 3.
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I'm just defending my number 1 most wanted, I just wanted to point out a couple things about Isaac and the GS series that you got wrong a little bit.

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
I think ya forgot Rayman in that list. He's got a big following, probably one of the big hitters in the 3rd Party candidates. (Since everyone is insistent that Indies and 3rd parties are their own groups, I'll just keep em seperate.) To be honest, whether all of these detractions people throw around for all campaigns as a whole (including this one), all depends on whether or not this ballot is straight up fan service... considering how Sakurai has stated just that, I believe it is.

Chances are, it will all depend on the ballot results. Favorable characters will have a high chance of getting in, and troll, non-video game characters won't. (I find it funny how some get so worked up over Goku/Shrek suggestions to be honest. They technically don't count, as they didn't originate from a video game... lol.)

So really, these votes are incredibly precious.. and that said, you are right. NO character is a shoo-in. Considering we have NO idea on who is really winning the ballot.. (I ignore ALL of these fan polls everyone constantly mentions. They hold no ground, as they can be easily rigged, and for that matter, It doesn't take into account the same scale of smashers as the real fighter ballot does... They are only grasping at straws.. lol)

So to be honest, we should be more serious. NO campaign should get cocky. Not K. Rool's, not Wolf's, not anyone's actually. Until we see the characters/results hit us in the face next month (or later, if we still don't get anything when the ballot closes), no one should start celebrating. Counting your chickens before they hatch could just end up with disappointment...

Everyone needs to just keep campaigning, as if we are ALL losing... as the real leaders in this thing, are uncertain...
Besides Rayman, I also left out Bayonetta, Banjo Kazooie, Waluigi, Daisy, and probably a few others I'm not thinking off at the moment. Honestly I see Rayman along with these others as falling in the next tier down in likelihood from those others that I mentioned. Of course, that is just my assessment, and while I've thought it through pretty carefully, the main point I like to stress is that we really don't know how good or bad the chances are for almost any moderately popular character. There are lots of characters someone could reasonably disagree with me about. Even if I don't assess his odds that favorably, I would definitely say Rayman has a shot at least.

I think that vote counts will be important, but I think other factors will probably also hold a lot of weight. But of course we can only speculate. I do think that polls can give a rough sense of what characters are popular, but you are right that they are definitely flawed measures.

No campaign should get cocky but it's also important that we can't get discouraged and lose hope. Don't let the haters get inside your head. Though whole reason for ragging on a character is because you don't want anyone else to support them. That's why Shantae haters only really started getting loud when it became apparent how popular she was. We are supporting a potential winner, and for Shantae especially, every vote counts. If you can get even one more person to want her in the game and cast a vote before October, you have just made Shantae a little more likely to make it.

Time is really running out in this ballot now... I wish there was something we could do for one last big publicity splash for Shantae. Maybe a Shantae video for Japanese supporters, or tweet fan art to prominent Japanese gamers, or get some big YouTube personality to do something with her games. I don't know, this sort of thing isn't my forte. Conversation about the ballot has died down a lot too, which might make it tougher. Nobody expects any more news before the ballot closes, and people are tired of talking about characters without knowing anything concrete. Too bad we can't get a credible Shantae rumor like we had for Shovel Knight. That could definitely boost her. Of course if the rumor were truly credible, I suppose we wouldn't even need the votes lol.

At this point maybe there isn't much to do but keep doing what we've been doing. We've done great so far after all. We just need to make sure we finish strong. If anyone has a great idea for one last big Shantae push though you will be my favorite person ever ;-)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'll just reply to this in pieces lol

Besides Rayman, I also left out Bayonetta, Banjo Kazooie, Waluigi, Daisy, and probably a few others I'm not thinking off at the moment. Honestly I see Rayman along with these others as falling in the next tier down in likelihood from those others that I mentioned. Of course, that is just my assessment, and while I've thought it through pretty carefully, the main point I like to stress is that we really don't know how good or bad the chances are for almost any moderately popular character. There are lots of characters someone could reasonably disagree with me about. Even if I don't assess his odds that favorably, I would definitely say Rayman has a shot at least.

I think that vote counts will be important, but I think other factors will probably also hold a lot of weight. But of course we can only speculate. I do think that polls can give a rough sense of what characters are popular, but you are right that they are definitely flawed measures.

No campaign should get cocky but it's also important that we can't get discouraged and lose hope. Don't let the haters get inside your head. Though whole reason for ragging on a character is because you don't want anyone else to support them. That's why Shantae haters only really started getting loud when it became apparent how popular she was. We are supporting a potential winner, and for Shantae especially, every vote counts. If you can get even one more person to want her in the game and cast a vote before October, you have just made Shantae a little more likely to make it.

Time is really running out in this ballot now... I wish there was something we could do for one last big publicity splash for Shantae. Maybe a Shantae video for Japanese supporters, or tweet fan art to prominent Japanese gamers, or get some big YouTube personality to do something with her games. I don't know, this sort of thing isn't my forte. Conversation about the ballot has died down a lot too, which might make it tougher. Nobody expects any more news before the ballot closes, and people are tired of talking about characters without knowing anything concrete. Too bad we can't get a credible Shantae rumor like we had for Shovel Knight. That could definitely boost her. Of course if the rumor were truly credible, I suppose we wouldn't even need the votes lol.

At this point maybe there isn't much to do but keep doing what we've been doing. We've done great so far after all. We just need to make sure we finish strong. If anyone has a great idea for one last big Shantae push though you will be my favorite person ever ;-)
I usually treat all characters as having an equal shot, or all being viable if their campaign is big enough. (Unless they break the "didn't originate in a videogame" rule of course XD)... As we truly don't know where everyone is standing right now. Rayman is probably one of the main mentions of the 3rd party line-up, thats for sure.

Other factors will definitely be in play (How they flesh out as a character once they actually hit the drawing board, their moves, etc.).. Though with this being a Fighter ballot all about the fan service, The rankings will definitely play a big role. (To me, even Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, being pre-ballot, look like fan service to me, lol XD)

I don't let detractors get inside my head. Detractions are like pulling at straws. That goes for both sides. Since, nine times out of ten either side hardly knows anything about the character they are bashing, and don't have the same love for that character as the ones that do, they usually hardly hold water.. (Which is why most campaigns are able to deflect detractions with such prejudice and force: because the detractions are based around biased, and unfounded arguments..)

Well, she did get some rumors flung around for awhile, albiet unconfirmed.. so that at least got some folks talking probably. Who knows. We'll see who ends up in the game once all of this is over ^_^

Yep. Everyone just needs to keep campaigning, and keep pushing. Detractors are moot, and detracting other campaigns is moot. All that matters at this point, is spreading as much half-genie (or <insert character here> love if you are a multi supporter like I am :p) love as we can before the ballot ends.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
OK so was watching some mugen on youtube for the lols and just so happen to come across a shantae fight and I just had to share.
Enjoy

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
I've got to correct you on a few points here
Dark Dawn, the latest game in the GS series, clearly begs to differ. It ends on a huge cliff hanger with Mathew, Isaac's son, returning to his house with a huge psynergey vortex, which is pretty much a black hole, looming over his house and Isaac no where to be found and then the credits rolls.

It is true that he isn't the main character in all of them (only the first) but he is still playable in the second and appears in the third but is still a major character in all 3.
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I'm just defending my number 1 most wanted, I just wanted to point out a couple things about Isaac and the GS series that you got wrong a little bit.
Don't worry about starting a fight, I can tell you aren't being aggressive or rude and I always welcome disagreement. "Obviously has no future" may have been going a bit far. Also I wasn't basing that on in-game events, but rather on the fact that the last Golden Sun game was a while ago, and to my knowledge there hasn't been even the slightest hint that there are any plans for a new one anytime soon.

Anyways, my point isn't at all that Isaac is a weak candidate, or shouldn't make it in. Quite the opposite in fact. I was making the point that even the strongest candidates in the ballot have big weaknesses, and he is one of the strongest three candidates in my opinion.

Also, notice how bad it sounds when I only discuss Isaac's weaknesses and don't say much about his strengths. Imagine if I were to go on some forum and evaluate Isaac's chances by only discussing his weaknesses, exaggerating them, and claiming them to be fatal. You would know how unfair and inaccurate my assessment was because you are an Isaac fan and so you know that's not the whole picture. But imagine if you weren't an Isaac fan yet: you might be misled and steered away by my assessment, because you wouldn't have any way of knowing that I was being outrageously biased.

That is exactly what is going on with all this Shantae negativity we see everywhere. Now that Shantae has become so popular, you see lots of people trying to bring her down. Thus you see a lot of posts that follow the basic form, "Shantae has no chance because of weaknesses x and y." If they were trying to give a balanced assessment, it would go something more like, "Shantae has weaknesses x and y, but how detrimental those really are is hard to know, and she also has advantages a, b, c, d, and e going for her." Of course, Shantae haters aren't trying to give an honest assessment because they don't want Shantae to have a good chance. They want to paint the worst possible picture so that people vote for the characters they like instead.

But I digress. The bottom line is that you are right, Isaac's weaknesses are not so bad, and that's why you and I both agree he is one of the strongest candidates.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, I've been productive all night, can't you tell?
ShantaeXPit2.jpg
ShantaeXPit1.jpg

Guess I never really thought of that, I'll play around with it and see what works, I appreciate the feedback!!

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Wonder how long it takes for that top one to get banned "for being lewd"... or for that matter, getting banned months after it got posted... (Still feel sorry for ya Midnight Twinkle XD)
lol. *sigh* Eh... I always have bad luck. My art ain't that good to begin with so... not a big loss or anything. Just the way life is for me. I say it'll stay up. 'Course with me saying that it might not....

Last edited:
Top Bottom