• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I have to admit, I'm pretty late to the Shantae train. I've never owned any of her titles before. I've heard and seen the name throughout my childhood, but have never played. (Probably cause of the game's rarity.. ._.)

That still doesn't change the fact that I can tell she would make for a good character. Plus I feel like the series would have been fun if I had gotten to enjoy it.. lol

Either that, or I am hypnotized by her hip movements and dancing.

I don't know why but I end up staring at these sort of animations for a good 20 seconds.. I don't usually do this with other female gaming characters anymore, as I have much more control over my hormones than when I was a teen (I have to admit, I've even grown an immunity to Samus' curves)

But the dancing... I don't know... Stupid me... Why must I fall for her genie magic ._.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I really want to see a Shantae 3D model made by the Smash team. Those guys know how to make a character look gewd (Sonic looks better than in most of his original games, and Megaman is a perfect capture of his NES days).

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
...Oh the heck with it. Count me in as a supporter. This is definitely a thing that needs to happen.
I second this and would love to be a supporter for this group. I was going to vote for King K.Rool initially, but seeing as how he seems to be the most popular character for DLC, I think he is pretty much a shoo-in at this point and my vote would be wasted. I voted for Shantae yesterday. Go Shantae!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Real Talk: Supporting Shantae and Wonder Red is really difficult for some reason. Probably dealing with people that don't understand why I want these two over the likes of Shovel Knight and King K Rool. Its mainly because both deserve it. Shantae has been a franchise that's been loyal to Nintendo and Wonder Red is just too good to not have in. Especially after all the Wonderful 101 representation in Smash. It's my goal to hopefully see them both fight in Smash Bros. (Tokusatsu fanboy and Shantae is my favorite "indie" franchise)

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Real Talk: Supporting Shantae and Wonder Red is really difficult for some reason. Probably dealing with people that don't understand why I want these two over the likes of Shovel Knight and King K Rool. Its mainly because both deserve it. Shantae has been a franchise that's been loyal to Nintendo and Wonder Red is just too good to not have in. Especially after all the Wonderful 101 representation in Smash. It's my goal to hopefully see them both fight in Smash Bros. (Tokusatsu fanboy and Shantae is my favorite "indie" franchise)
Tell me about it.In most people eyes an indie rep isn't needed but in reality shantae isn't really like any indie in the sense that she really isn't an indie character.Our first 2 games were releashed before this big indie crazed and every single one of her games is on nintendo consoles.True she's not as big as the other 3rd party characters but to be honest is anyone really on there levels?True Rayman,bomberman,and snake are famous.But i'm sure no random guy on the street would be able to know who they are.So shantae being in really wouldn't be that odd.*sigh* I just to see my favorite female video game character get some sort of representation

Throwing another support video guys.
sorry the doubt post but i most say this perfect

Last edited by a moderator:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I am somewhat rarely support third party additions. I think you either have to be a big gaming icon (like the Pac Man, Snake, Mega Man, and Sonic) or be so close to Nintendo that the series is practically part of Nintendo. I think Shantae would fit perfectly

-Has history with Nintendo with the first game being released in 2002 on GBC.
-having 3 more games primarily on Nintendo consoles since.
-another female character
-A good representation of the eshop
-Can have a very interesting move set.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I voted for Shantae on my Wii U, i've recently bought Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on my 3DS just so i can actually play one of her games, my only real concern is her major competition, Shovel Knight, he's apparently a much more popular choice and i'd honestly like to see both of them if it were possible (Big Indie fan here.)

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
A buddy and I went in-depth about the whole Smash Ballot. I made sure to plug the **** out of Shantae.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Great to see more videos!

UPDATE: Making a new OP for this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Considering that Shantae has been with Nintendo since the beginning of her series and has not left since, deserves at least some sort of recognition.

Sticking around since the Game Boy Color is a remarkable thing to do, just like Natsumi and their Harvest Moon games.

Shantae is the only third party I would suggest joining at this point.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I really hope Shantae gets added. Really enjoyed playing her game on the GBC.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Throwing another support video guys.
Amazing video!

I can name a reason #11: WayForward's Matt Bozon was one of several big names to make a downloadable microgame for the North American & European services of WarioWare: D.I.Y. And guess which WayForward IP he used to make the microgame?

Did I mention that the above game "Shantae NAB!" is exclusive in a Nintendo published game?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I made this for my sister recently:
Shantae Poster.JPG
Shantae Poster.JPG

She's a big Shantae supporter. I kinda want her in, but not as much as my sister.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All these banners ad none about wishes coming true. Gotta play your pun strengths guys.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'd also like to be added to the supporter list.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Might as well add me to the support group too. It's been awhile since I've played a Shantae game, though...

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
Amazing video!

I can name a reason #11: WayForward's Matt Bozon was one of several big names to make a downloadable microgame for the North American & European services of WarioWare: D.I.Y. And guess which WayForward IP he used to make the microgame?

Did I mention that the above game "Shantae NAB!" is exclusive in a Nintendo published game?
Well that was actually really cool. Never knew what Matt looked like either.

@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon 's avatar reminded me of Ashley, I wouldn't mind her in the game. She'd be a fun fighter.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Yo, I think Shantae got rank 9 on a plebbit Reddit poll for who voted which character. Can't find a source though

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
Yes please! If any indie character deserves a spot, it's Shantae.

Shovel Knight is a game (albeit a good game) not a series. Shantae's entire series is Nintendo Exclusive (upcoming game not withstanding). Besides: Hair Whipping/Belly Dancing/Transforming >>> all else

Top Bottom