• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I've voted for her. She is my 2nd most wanted character now (second only to Solid Snake... I miss you, buddy!).
And I can't remember, has Shantae already got a game in Japan?

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I've voted for her. She is my 2nd most wanted character now (second only to Solid Snake... I miss you, buddy!).
And I can't remember, has Shantae already got a game in Japan?
I think the first one might have come out, but IIRC the latest ones haven't even been released there. There was some complaining about it on Japanese boards that western players wanted characters that they couldn't even get.

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
I think the first one might have come out, but IIRC the latest ones haven't even been released there. There was some complaining about it on Japanese boards that western players wanted characters that they couldn't even get.
LOL "Who the hell are Marth and Roy" - Every Western Gamer playing melee.

And we're getting a returning DLC clone from a game that was never even released in the US. The whiners in Japan should suck it up, and think of this as an opportunity to check out a great series the way we all did with Fire Emblem and Earthbound :p

Shog

Smash Ace
This character is very cute designed indeed, but are the games as good as her design? I mean I have a Wii U and some money to spend...any recommendations?

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
This character is very cute designed indeed, but are the games as good as her design? I mean I have a Wii U and some money to spend...any recommendations?
Pirate's Curse is the best Metroid style game I've played since Fusion, well worth the money. All her games are available on 3DS (if you have one) and on Steam. Risky's Revenge is pretty fun too, although I like the art style better, it's not as polished as Pirate's Curse.

Also 1/2 Genie Hero is coming out for Wii U (and most systems) sometime this year

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

And we're getting a returning DLC clone from a game that was never even released in the US. The whiners in Japan should suck it up, and think of this as an opportunity to check out a great series the way we all did with Fire Emblem and Earthbound :p
aysu72.jpg

I don't think we will be friends ... Even if we support the same Character ... ( jkd ~ )

Last edited:

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
I don't think we will be friends ... Even if we support the same Character ... ( jkd ~ )
Alright, fair enough. He's not a "clone" but you know what I mean :p

After playing PM, I was kinda hoping they'd change Lucas up a little bit for SSB4

Shog

Smash Ace
Pirate's Curse is the best Metroid style game I've played since Fusion, well worth the money.[...]
>Metroid style game I've played since Fusion
>METROID STYLE GAME

excuse me while I gonna get some more money on my 3DS instead of Wii U.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
If people in japan are whining about how they can't play Shantae's games, why don't we ask Wayforward to promise to her japan fans to release her games in japan if Shantae gets in?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Here you go, I sorta stole their format and used the vote poster you guys already had in your signatures as a base.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Cast my first vote.. and it was for Shantae! ^_^ After hearing unfounded opposition against her inclusion in a few threads I won't name, I decided to vote for her as my first vote.

Freebon

Smash Rookie
NNID
MHBFlightrush
3DS FC
5198-2594-3027
Voted. Shantae is my most wanted character along with Ghirahim.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Interesting. This was made by the same guy who made that other animation of her dancing. Not sure if its in color or not too though.

Here you go, I sorta stole their format and used the vote poster you guys already had in your signatures as a base.

And perfect sig is perfect!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Interesting. This was made by the same guy who made that other animation of her dancing. Not sure if its in color or not too though.

And perfect sig is perfect!
ocqaaRy.gif

Well, I had one of them saved myself...

And... >.> I might as well say it, can I be added to the list?... Cause I love Shantae and all...thanks.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

Roy and Marth were incredibly close to being removed from the western release of Melee, and they're first party characters. A third party character that wasn't released in Japan is a bit harder to stand by, especially with the wealth of new opportunities and characters that comes from the game being much larger than melee.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like the character, and although I haven't yet I'd really like to play the games, I'm just not sure how likely it is.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Do I also need to bring up the fact of how much the decision to release em outside of Japan benefited the series as a whole?.. lol

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Roy and Marth were incredibly close to being removed from the western release of Melee, and they're first party characters. A third party character that wasn't released in Japan is a bit harder to stand by, especially with the wealth of new opportunities and characters that comes from the game being much larger than melee.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like the character, and although I haven't yet I'd really like to play the games, I'm just not sure how likely it is.
I respect your opinion on her chances and like Hazama said japan is aware of Shantae and do want her games to be localize there.

Top Bottom