• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Ok so I have been fightin samus and when they start dropping bombs all over the place is there a specific approach that won't end up having my moves disrupted and taking several hits before I land a freakin hit. I know this is kinda nooby, but I don't encounter this thing often and I need a counter strategy.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
i find this combo to work really well with anybody really. It's not too specific. Dair nair raptor boost (pops them up in the air) and then knee em. I don't know if this is very logical or not but it's what i found out.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Is there a reason why this thread ever reached page two of the falcon forum? This is the thread that got me to persue finding the percentage for inescabable combos.

On space animals you can Dair someone to knee at 60-75 percent. You can also raptor boost>knee combo a space animal starting at 55.

I also noticed that falcon combos have a lot of lay over, which is good, it allows you to have a lot of variety. For example, at 75 percent you can dair a space animal and then choose to knee them or do a Tapion punch combo. At 60 percent you can choose to Diar>knee or raptor boost>knee.

I have found that if you Dair a space animal at 0 perent that you can grab them immediately>throw them>tech chase. Guaranteed. This is a really good way to persue tech chasing which is what you want to do in falcon/fox, falco matches. You want to get them in a tech war.

Also, I vaguely remember watching Isai against caveman (doc) and he was able to do a Dair>Nair>Uair> Fair combo at 25% as long as they don't DI away on the Dair or Uair.

audreyh

Smash Ace
not to be a ****, but dair to knee on space animals work at 50%. although darkrain often charges the hell out of a fsmash and it looks cool, especially when the opponent tries to DI, but the fsmash hits them the opposite way. instakill

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
not to be a ****, but dair to knee on space animals work at 50%. although darkrain often charges the hell out of a fsmash and it looks cool, especially when the opponent tries to DI, but the fsmash hits them the opposite way. instakill
The point I was making is that moves can cross over each other. I knew that Dair>knee can actually work from 50-75 as long as there is no DI towards the top. But I was also talking about kill combos, at 50 it usually won't kill a fox and even a falco can get back depending on stage/location on the stage.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
technically you can do crazy stuff like dair nair bair fair etc

you can hit people fowards with bair, it is probably my favorite thing to do because it leads into fair quite easily

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea theres all kinds of combos, just be creative. i like to shffl an uair RIGHT as im landing a short hop, so you can barely see the animation. if you do it right, it goes right into a knee or another uair. lovely

Brookman

Smash Hero
I really just like stomp to falcon punch. Doesn't get better than that. except when you falcon punch knee, falcon punch. Cort knows all about that one;) :laugh:

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
The best thing about Falcon isn't his combos, it's these two things (note: the first I've landed and is amazing, the second I only worked on for a bit but I wasn't doing it fast enough, it IS possible though):

1) Do a running full-jump reverse Falcon Punch off-stage and nail them. If you do it right, you'll actually send them backwards which because you're turned around = outside of stage. Works well against space animals.

2) Do a perfect moonwalk full-jump turn around Falcon Punch off-stage and KO them.

Dice

Smash Lord
When they have one stock left, and you have multiple stocks you jump out at them when they are recovering, press forward B, and spike!

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
The only set up I have so far is full speed full jump a stomp and purposefully miss which cause the person to relax then double jump into side b but so far I've landed that about 4 or 5 times out of over 30 trys so not too reliable but fun for friendlies.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
If they hold on to the ledge too long you can do a short hop side B. Or maybe you have to time it just before you land. Sorry it's not really practical just funny sometimes. Depends on which character it is. It's more of a goofy suicide move. Ya got me. It's like falco's side b killing people only it's a lot harder to recover.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
best way to forward b spike is when edgeguarding a marth
jump kinda high out of the stage but not too far, making him to fast fall quickly to avoid you and reach the stage from beneath. he should be less carful about sweet spotting, and if you forward b back in time you may hit him with it and be high enough to grab the edge after too

Sighrax

Smash Lord
yea theres all kinds of combos, just be creative. i like to shffl an uair RIGHT as im landing a short hop, so you can barely see the animation. if you do it right, it goes right into a knee or another uair. lovely
the one great use i have for the "right as you're landing uair" is when you edgehop against marth and they wavedash backwards to try to fsmash. the tip of falcon's foot JUST hits them, but it seems to work quite well.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
has everyone mastered my combos from the first post? lol grabs are a falcons best friend, you should all be ****** your respective areas right now with guaranteed ish like that.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im gonna double post cause im a ****ing beast

actually, the first like 3 or 4 posts i make in this thread are pretty amazing. everyone should double take on that.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
yes g-reg, the upthrow on marth and the upthrow on shiek are probably 2 of the mose useful combos against those respective matchups. there is SO MUCH LESS PRESSURE against shiek when i know that all i have to do is 80% then grab, especially since shiek is so hard to kill over 100%.

one thing i have as a suggestion to all, against marth. to get him to the 70% or so when you can upthrow knee him, if you downthrow and SHFFL a nair in to him, you can do some cool things. depending on his DI, sometimes you can even regrag. if that works, and you can shffl another nair in to him, you can double up air (the second one is the second jump off the stage). this is my zero to death against marth. it doesnt work all that often, but just doing half the combo and punishing his tech is extremely effective.

one of the biggest benefits of this is it puts him really close to the inescapable grab knee %.

shiek is harder to get to the 80% mark that seals her doom, but i find that treating her like a space animal until about 30% works pretty well. once at about 30%, i find that up throw to nair is an awesome combo on shiek. if she DI's up, then you can put ANOTHER nair in to her. if he continues to DI up, you can often put a low % knee in to her, and commence ledge guarding. after about 50%, i suggest up throw to up air, and trying to stay below her from there, as shiek does not do great when above you.

also, if you are having problems with shiek, fox, or falco (pretty much the characters have give falcon buttloads of trouble) then you can try silent spectre's drop zone. practice in training mode a bit. put them at 50%, walk them RIGHT to the edge of FD, grab them, downthrow them off. you can walk off the stage and knee. if you did it perfectly, you can double jump upB back on to the ledge. a knee this low and so far out guarentees death against these falcon counters. getting off a kill like that can REALLY throw the match in your favor.

oh and i've found spamming nairs works absolute wonders against ganondorf and link particularly, as the are fairly easy to chain one nair in to another.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
has everyone mastered my combos from the first post? lol grabs are a falcons best friend, you should all be ****** your respective areas right now with guaranteed ish like that.
Actually I've gotten a heck of a lot better. Which I guess should come to no surprize. Now I need to just get some tourny action instead of just fighting my crew.

Stomp

Smash Rookie
I was on youtube after i saw this thread and i said ''hey let me check out g-reg vids'' so i did. he played this really good kirby wich he almost lost to (so much for making guides and saying you pwn with c.falcon) but anyway. After the kirbstir video i checked out G-reg vs Aho........omg AHO beat no wait owned!! G-reg by 3 or 4 stocks I dont rember ( so much for him bieng jesus) I thougth jesus only lost to god? or maby Aho is G-reg's god?? I mean am all for giving you props for doing a guide and helping other that deserves +rep but i mean saying '' i pwn with c.falcon'' why didnt you pwn aho? just some food for thought i think what am saying makes sense if anyone dosent agree discuss.OOOORRRRR maby am just some noob who saw g-reg videos when he first started and maby hes alot better who knows but if you wanna see some really good falcon players check out DARKRAIN,SILENT, and of course ISAI they acutlly use what G-reg posted..but hey maby am just some random noob with alot of spelling errors : )

Stomp

Smash Rookie
Wow ironic i cant find the vid : / but it was marth and he had the name Aho not adam when i saw the vid i also saw adam vs g reg but now i cant find the AHo one o well you say there both Aho but they play so difrent or maby g-reg learned his oponent cuz that happens to me also idk am just some random noob with 18 post : )

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
@stomp: G-reg is a beast and he's beaten me and plenty others better than me from the MD/VA scene many times. Also vids mostly aren't a good judge of people's skills. Vids are a tool to get ideas and such and can be entertaining to watch (especially when they have snazzy techno) Just because you watch a vid where someone loses to someone usually doesn't really mean anything unless it's a known tourney vid or something. Vids can also be really outdated. Not trying to offend you or anything, just giving some advice.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
I don't say they are Aho, the person who put the vids on youtube indicated as such also might wanna watch the crew battle g-reg is in, he destorys one of the falcos on that vid not stock wise mind you but in what he does to the falco.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
lol tis true, travis aka chinesahh played falcon beffore me. yes, contrary to popular belief, i DO lose on occasion, because my crewmates in team arlington are just too good. they are all truly amazing at melee and can beat me. i however am still amazing. btw i dont think theres any vids of me losing to aho online at all, but i do win that set against him in that corneria/dreamland set, but he didnt put up the set that i lost to him later in losers.

CSBrokaw

Smash Cadet
First post on these forums. I've lurked here for quite a while (a few months), and I have read amazing posts and combos that truly help me be better at Smash. I don't play with great people, nor am I great myself, but I always remember the knee and the stomp when using Captain Falcon. Now I've been able to compete with a Sheik player about above my skill level and tie him, as far as matches (we play weekly at a Urbanized Church, with an awesome Big-Screen Setup). I still got a long ways to go as far as Smash, but this thread has really helped :)

Top Bottom