• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The greatest combo character ever.

Torppe

Smash Cadet
So who is your best combo character? explain.

i like Metaknight really much because he has so fast combos and very good air combat
and he's cool too :laugh: . and i like marth too because he has that "keep it up style" and stuff.
marth is better than metaknight in that way that he has more powerfull attacks than metaknight but metaknight is faster ;).

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
Snake.
Get yourself to above 120% and get your enemy up to 80%.
Stand next to your enemy.
Drop a grenade then catch it.
Short hop and spike immediately
yell "IM GONNA GET YOU CAPTAIN PLANET!" as loud as you can
Snake blows up and flies towards the opponent
UpAir to victory

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I consider Lucario or Lucas to be the characters who have the most "True" combos in Brawl.

And that's not saying too much.

Smash Ace
There are plenty of combos in Brawl, mostly in the form of chaingrabs. DDD, Falco, IC's, Pika, Marth (only on Ness/Lucas), etc.

Other than that, ummm... Fox can drillshine, right?

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a total combo beast. So far, he's the closest one to being able to achieve melee-type combos (e.g., strings of attacks that cannot be avoided or canceled once begun).

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik baby, Sheik.
QFT

No character in the game has as many combos as Sheik

even if you count the chain grabbing Sheik is still one of the best combo characters in the game by far.

Much better then Meta knight who can't go any higher then a two hit combo or Marth.

kagemaru696

Smash Cadet
To my knowledge, and playing with some of them.

Donkey Kong: yeah get caught in his u-tilt trap, also b-air->b-air-->to G-punch. Priceless.

Marth: Those spamming f/uairs is murda, also his sword dance--->fair---> grab--->tipper does wonders. and he has infinite jump!? *shudders*

Lucario: One of the better aerial spammers.

And last but not least Shiek: Yeah... the TILTS... those **** TILTS.

Yeah that about covers it.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Squirtle or Lucario. Also a chaingrab is not a combo, it's a chaingrab, comboing out of it or into it however...

MetaZone

Smash Cadet
I go with Metaknight. But i have seen some pros doing nice combos with Dedede and I think it's funny to see Dedede doing combos :D

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
D3. Chain-grab off the stage, FTilt, Bair, Bair, Bair, Bair, you get the picture.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Combos?
LOL
U C WHAT I DID THAR?

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go with Ness.
Usually I can pull off a nice DThrow to Fair to Fair to Dair pretty easily against my friend's Ike.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I like this one

:[ no such delusion as combos in brawl

Adapt

Smash Lord
yeah, i came in here to say ZSS, with her 60% damage combos... but Rapid_Assassin just won the thread...

btw
Why does no one ever think of ZSS? The ability to get sequential attacks in is one of the main reasons I use her. Lucario is pretty beastly too

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a combo machine. And that's not counting the Force Palm chain he can do on half the characters.

Surprised only one other guy has mentioned Kirby. D-grab->u-tilt->u-tilt->u-tilt...f-grab->u-air->u-tilt->b-air or f-grab->u-air->f-smash...and a lot of his aerials lead into each other.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
omg I just played online against the best player I've ever seen play Brawl... by far. He was Sheik and he completely owned me the first match against my G & W. lol Sheik vs G and W is no contest =p. The 2nd match it was the closest match ever, we were basically the same percentage and life difference the whole game. It ended with Sheik trying to recover and I was Fox, so I did my dair and did a little spike on him. We were both near the bottom of the stage and Sheik couldn't recover. It was only thanks to Brawl's improved ledge-grabbing that I survived.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
you can combo with metaknight pretty easily, which is a reason why i dont like him. Same with marth. O and that olimar video brought my hate meter over 9000 for olimar....

That being said I do think luigi has some good combo potential, if you have seen swifts video you know what I mean, sadly my luigi hasnt gotten to that point yet.

Also you can pull off a 66% dammage combo with falco using his chaingrab dair. Which is nice.

Top Bottom