• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great(maybe) Experiment!

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=5432]The Great(maybe) Experiment![/drupal]

Okay,I'll be the first to admit,I'm not good at brawl...But I do love to experiment,so I will,and I'll post the results,I am deciding to do a humongous experiment,probably taking a month or two,but it will be done.
The experiment goes,as follows:I will brawl using all characters,battling every character,against all levels of AIs,on final destination.
I am going through the character list backwards,Starting with lucas,ending with mario....
Without further Adieu,Let it begin!!!!!!
:Lucas:Vs:Mario:
Lvl 1-Win-used only uncharged smashes,that's about it...
Lvl 2-Win-
Lvl 3-Win
Lvl 4-Win
Lvl 5-Win-really uses fireballs strategically now,also very defensive,most smashes connected though.
Lvl 6-Win-extremely aggressive,opened himself almost completely,shielded once,fireballs less common...
Lvl 7-Win-REALLY DEFENSIVE!!!other than that,insanely predictable,small jump?fireball or a cape,he'll run into your psi magnet for crying out loud!
Lvl 8-Win-this one gave me a run for my money,both aggressive,and defensive,I'm surprised I made it on this one,but you can still trick them into running into the psi magnet,fireballs abound here too,this is getting tough,but here's how much I recovered from the fireballs 67%,and I didn't get them all,no where near that...
Lvl 9-NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!...one more try
okay,made it....wow....not a clean run...28% recovered....that's how much he's using the fireballs,when you expect it....This...is brutal....Fireballs coming right when you put up your magnet,the pk freeze is all but useless here, just try to catch him off the side with it,that's some damage,nothing else.pk fire,you better use it from far away,or else,pk tether is great for protecting yourself,and to get some damage in,but not good for all out use,the U smash proved to be my most used move,as I could catch him off guard with it pretty often,Fsmash is really good,as it is a quick,strong smash,and also,the D smash,it's next to useless...his cape,helps him a lot,he has some amazing air attacks,the up tilt is really aggravating,all his moves are used to their full potential,don't try these guys until you can kill the other levels,this was the first time I ever fought a lvl 9,and wow....that was tough....

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I did something similar to this a while back. It is almost always a random win no matter who is matched up. In other words, there aren't any tiers with regards to AI's. They are all nearly equal.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I think it is,I have trouble defeating some opponents with some characters,I'll take the chance,besides,I still get to figure AI's out,who knows?maybe lvl 4s are easier than lvl 1s...

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
considering ive never been to a tourney,nor have i had the game that long,this was hard

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's okay if you keep trying you will eventually beat level 9s.

I hear a really pro tactic is to fly over your opponent as Kirby and use down B. Also if you're really pro you can use Link's down A and cool sword attacks.

Imo Link is the most powerful character in the game tied with Ike, oh yeah, use Ike.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That sound more like the original smash bros tactic when using down b, or dair.

How you try to read your opponent makes good learning and experience though. Reading how he or the CPU avoids and does gives you a good stance with a good lead.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
CPU never avoids downB and dair because they are the best moves in the game.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
MK has a small sword with weak attacks and doesn't even have a gun. Why would you use him?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What the **** is a bayfake?

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I will be doing this for ALL characters,whether or not I win,or lose with one,or more,is up to how well I play with that specific character,I started with lucas,as he's my least used main,but I'm still good with him it seems,Don't flood this blog with
You should use_______________,or Do it this way,as I stated,I will do this to record these events,and to give a better understanding of AI's for anyone who is without internet,but hopes to one day become a professional brawl player,no matter what skill level...

Top Bottom