• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wait did Rule 34 get more pictures of her since this reveal. O.o
Yuck.
This video was uploaded on May 31, 2013.... this was before New Leaf came out in North America... and before Villager was confirmed...

D

Deleted member

Also, why does the Internet ruin everything innocent and cuddly like a puppy?
Because they want to change your perception on a character (Especially if innocent or you grew up liking them as a kid) & they want reactions from people...it shows.

It's a shame the internet has sexualized her..
Its inevitable any character is going to get sexualized by the internet, its how it goes, we have to deal with it & try to avoid it (Unless you're one of "Those guys").

Heck I've seen other characters get sexualized but nobody bats an eye over it & they handle it fine...Come on now.

My morbid curiosity got me... I regret it. Isabelle is the Krystal of Animal Crossing.
So apparently, a new character that got introduced will make the franchise different & declnie & the vocal miniority fans are gonna change your outlook on her...& the next Animal Crossing games will have her shoehorned in because fanservice.

Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, Isabelle isn't going to be shoehorned into any AC/various game. Nintendo just genuinely seems to like her, similar to the situation with Rosalina. I'd wager even if the mayor aspect is dropped from the Wii U version you know is in the works. Isabelle will somehow still remain. Either as the town's new mayor or she'll follow a dream she had of her's and open a shop, blah, blah.

Some popular characters come back simply because their creators like them. Not everything's fan service.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Liking a character because they are cute is no better than liking a character because they are sexy. Just saying.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You missed where I talked about her personality didn't you? Isabelle has a personality that's just genuinely likable. The fact that she's cute comes from the fact that she comes from Animal Crossing. EVERYTHING in Animal Crossing being cute. Because they're animals. You don't give people grief for finding their pet cute and that's basically what Animal Crossing is living in a village full of pets.

So when people say they find Isabelle cute it does not quite equal someone saying ''Krystal is sexy."

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Its inevitable any character is going to get sexualized by the internet, its how it goes, we have to deal with it & try to avoid it (Unless you're one of "Those guys").

Heck I've seen other characters get sexualized but nobody bats an eye over it & they handle it fine...Come on now.
Of course I try to avoid it. It just bugs me when I'm unable to. There's nothing wrong with expressing distaste of it, as long as one doesn't completely freak out over it, as well as long as one realizes when people are using it to purposely irritate you.

So apparently, a new character that got introduced will make the franchise different & declnie & the vocal miniority fans are gonna change your outlook on her...& the next Animal Crossing games will have her shoehorned in because fanservice.

Give me a break.
Where did Arcadenik imply any of that? The comparison is simply that Isabelle gained a large fanbase much of which sexualized her, much like Krystal in that regard.

To me it looks like you're putting words into his mouth.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
You missed where I talked about her personality didn't you? Isabelle has a personality that's just genuinely likable. The fact that she's cute comes from the fact that she comes from Animal Crossing. EVERYTHING in Animal Crossing being cute. Because they're animals. You don't give people grief for finding their pet cute and that's basically what Animal Crossing is living in a village full of pets.

So when people say they find Isabelle cute it does not quite equal someone saying ''Krystal is sexy."
Well Krystal has a personality too you know.

Anyway my point is that in our culture we feel cute-appeal is perfectly acceptable, but sex-appeal is somehow demeaning and shameful.

Like you said: You don't give people grief for finding their pet cute, and I don't think you should give someone grief for finding a woman sexy... y'know as long as he's respectful about it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well Krystal has a personality too you know.

Anyway my point is that in our culture we feel cute-appeal is perfectly acceptable, but sex-appeal is somehow demeaning and shameful.

Like you said: You don't give people grief for finding their pet cute, and I don't think you should give someone grief for finding a woman sexy... y'know as long as he's respectful about it.
The difference is even with Krystal's personality. She's not a woman. She's a fox. She's a humanoid fox.

And that's where the grief comes from. That's where the weird sets in. You're not sexualizing a woman. You're sexualizing an ANIMAL.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Isabelle came to town! Unfortunately it was the underworld and Hades needed a new secretary.

D

Deleted member

I heard that the Metroids were supposed to be playable, but Sakurai had trouble implementing crawling...
Sorry to the people who wanted Metroids.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
lol I really don't see what's the fuss about Isabelle Rule34...she's cute :3
Also, this doesn't happen often, but most Rule34 pics of Isabelle depict her In-Character.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Also, this doesn't happen often, but most Rule34 pics of Isabelle depict her In-Character.
I dunno... maybe because sexualized content about a character from a kids game who is also an animal is a little... weird. Maybe its just me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She's a dog. Honestly. She's a literal breed of dog that you or someone in your life could happen to have as a pet.

No. Just no.

Finding her cute is fine, but sexualizing an animal is just ****ing disgusting.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Keep this in mind here.

Isabelle is cute, yes. She's as cute as Kirby, Yoshi, or any animal-type characters designed like that, and part of her design is that she's a dog, much like the one you have at home.

Now, imagine somebody drawing your dog with human body parts (you know the ones). Now, why on Earth do people want to make a dog "sexy" or "hot"? It's a dog. It's a living being that licks it's crotch and drags it's butt across the carpet. I'm not being cynical here, I love my dog. As a pet. But pets are not something people want to see sexualized.

And in-character has nothing to do with it. You could make Rule34 of Mario coming over to Peach's Castle to "fix some pipes" and it would be in character. Does that mean it's right to show puppy p*ssy on the internet for a small minority of people to find attractive? No.

I can understand it with human characters, like Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, Samus, Palutena, those kinds of people. But why animals like Isabelle and Dixie Kong? I mean, I know that Nintendo oversexualized some of their characters (Candy Kong, Krystal, Barbara the Bat) to look human-esque. But these are animals. Not human-shaped animals, normal animals. It's just disturbing to me.

Also, the Metroid is added to the Graveyard so I'm technically on-topic still.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Keep this in mind here.

Isabelle is cute, yes. She's as cute as Kirby, Yoshi, or any animal-type characters designed like that, and part of her design is that she's a dog, much like the one you have at home.

Now, imagine somebody drawing your dog with human body parts (you know the ones). Now, why on Earth do people want to make a dog "sexy" or "hot"? It's a dog. It's a living being that licks it's crotch and drags it's butt across the carpet. I'm not being cynical here, I love my dog. As a pet. But pets are not something people want to see sexualized.

And in-character has nothing to do with it. You could make Rule34 of Mario coming over to Peach's Castle to "fix some pipes" and it would be in character. Does that mean it's right to show puppy p*ssy on the internet for a small minority of people to find attractive? No.

I can understand it with human characters, like Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, Samus, Palutena, those kinds of people. But why animals like Isabelle and Dixie Kong? I mean, I know that Nintendo oversexualized some of their characters (Candy Kong, Krystal, Barbara the Bat) to look human-esque. But these are animals. Not human-shaped animals, normal animals. It's just disturbing to me.

Also, the Metroid is added to the Graveyard so I'm technically on-topic still.
Hmm...like most sites on the Internet, this one claims to defend opinions, but loves to call people with different opinions 'sick' and 'disturbing'... everyone's allowed to have fantasies, and as long as they keep those fantasies on fiction grounds, they're not doing any harm to anyone :v Humans have found anthropomorphic animals appealing since the beggining of civilization. I mean, taking a look at those characters you mentioned, they're obviously designed to have sex-appeal even though they're animals. Does this also mean that on fiction, we can't find robots, demons, monsters...etc. attractive? I know more than a handful of 'normal' people who have a huge gamer crush on Princess Ruto, or Krystal.

TL;DR: Just let people like what they like without judging...although I will agree that I find Dixie Kong being sexualized a little creepy, but that's probably because she's usually portrayed more as a monkey than Candy or Tiny.
She's a dog. Honestly. She's a literal breed of dog that you or someone in your life could happen to have as a pet.

No. Just no.

Finding her cute is fine, but sexualizing an animal is just ****ing disgusting.
Also, I haven't ever seen my friend's pet dog managing a City Hall.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I don't care much as long as that stays in art/fantasy.
Whatever floats your boat and all that jazz.

I didn't expect Isabelle to be playable though. I'm actually surprised she's an assist.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just because you take an actual animal and make it walk on it's hind legs and do humanoid things doesn't take away the animal part of it.

Just because Isabelle runs the Mayor's office and does human activities doesn't make her any less of a Shih Tzu puppy.

After all her name is literally Shizue in Japan. A play on her breed.

Really enough said.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've seen some adorable fanart of Krystal and disturbing fanart of Isabelle so they're not as opposite as some are making them out to be.

P.S. Why...........?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I don't care much as long as that stays in art/fantasy.
Whatever floats your boat and all that jazz.

I didn't expect Isabelle to be playable though. I'm actually surprised she's an assist.
This, although, did someone really expect her to be playable over other candidates like Tom Nook?
Just because you take an actual animal and make it walk on it's hind legs and do humanoid things doesn't take away the animal part of it.

Just because Isabelle runs the Mayor's office and does human activities doesn't make her any less of a Shih Tzu puppy.

After all her name is literally Shizue in Japan. A play on her breed.

Really enough said.
So basically your point: "I don't like furries and they're disgusting because I don't like them, trolololopinions."?
Why are we even...
Because people are quick to judge others...but anyway, I don't like this topic, it reminds me that people are shunned for their fantasies and personal tastes. Smash is supposed to make me happy >:I It's not a place to judge.

TL;DR: Opinions.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This, although, did someone really expect her to be playable over other candidates like Tom Nook?

So basically your point: "I don't like furries and they're disgusting because I don't like them, trolololopinions."?

Because people are quick to judge others...but anyway, I don't like this topic, it reminds me that people are shunned for their fantasies and personal tastes. Smash is supposed to make me happy >:I It's not a place to judge.

TL;DR: Opinions.
I want to get it out there quick, I have nothing wrong with furries. I can't understand why Isabelle is a target though, since she's obviously not a dog with a human's body parts, she's a dog walking on hind legs. Characters like Krystal, Berri from Conker's Bad Fur Day or Sally Acorn, I'm not going to argue with, as they're more human than animal. I can't comprehend sexualing anything meant to be cute (MLP, Animal Crossing), though.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
So changing the topic before this becomes very serious topic about how groups are treated and how they act, let me ask, should Dedenne be moved to the main section?

It was a popular choice before we learned about the Megas. Or should previous popular choices be put in with the big ones (like Magnus and Zoroark)?

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ APC99 APC99 , you should prepare yourself for all the deco formations the direct has to hold.
Considering Assists, Stage Hazards, Alterante Costumes, and Adventure Mode elements the Direct may show, there may be a hefty amount of deconfirmations.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
@ APC99 APC99 , you should prepare yourself for all the deco formations the direct has to hold.
Considering Assists, Stage Hazards, Alterante Costumes, and Adventure Mode elements the Direct may show, there may be a hefty amount of deconfirmations.

I'm so pumped for this Direct, me and my brother are videotaping our reactions.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Question: Do characters who used to be popular and considered shoo-ins get a honorable mention, or a large mention? Examples like Zoroark and Magnus.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
They'll likely get Bigger Mentions. Especially those two, IMO.
Something with less of a following like Genesect would get a honorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom