• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
btw, does anyone have some tips? A friend of mine kept fangasming about her dair, but I'd like to know some tips and tricks from you guys quickly
Practice a lot.
This character is so awkward to approach to, and you'll be using the Special button quite a lot..
:196:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
When recovering, remember to use Witch Twist (Up-B) before double jump. Had to drill that into my head.
Unless, of course, you're using that humorous triple jump glitch. Then again, the execution window on that is intensely small, but it does add a little height.

A lot of my time between getting changes logged has been spent labbing Bayonetta. I'm definitely sticking with her for a while.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Unless, of course, you're using that humorous triple jump glitch. Then again, the execution window on that is intensely small, but it does add a little height.

A lot of my time between getting changes logged has been spent labbing Bayonetta. I'm definitely sticking with her for a while.
I just found out about that glitch right before this. I'd put time into learning it, but it's going to be patched out.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I just noticed something playing Classic mode. When swinging the Home Run Bat, Bayo will say "See you!"

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Since I use X for jump and Y for specials, I can do the extra jump glitch quite easily.
But I can't invest enough time to use it as second nature because I don't own a Wii U.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Say, have we tested how long witch time can last and how much it's affected by %? It seems like it gets a boost from both bayo and the target having higher %. I'm also curious as to how much of a penalty WT takes with each successful activation.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Say, have we tested how long witch time can last and how much it's affected by %? It seems like it gets a boost from both bayo and the target having higher %. I'm also curious as to how much of a penalty WT takes with each successful activation.
I'd say it's a pretty big penalty. The first two WTs you're given enough room to do whatever. Third time you're going to have to be quick. Fourth time it's not even worth it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty sure it uses a formula very similar to the one of Knockback, it is affected by opponent's damage, your own damage (rage?), and staleness on both activation and whiff, it even seems to have a Freshness Bonus, not visible in training mode, but I really need to look more into it.
This really makes me wonder about how to refresh a missed one.

Man, if I had a way to test all of this...

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
That's odd, because I played a few bayo's who kinda spammed WT and even on the 3rd successful one, managed to fully charge a smash attack, or at least charge it enough to KO me.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Pretty sure WT just recovers naturally over time, so if it has been awhile since you last used it, you should be good to go.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
The recovery time for WT is quite short, so you can spam it, wait a few sec, and then it's back to normal.

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Ya the Corrin matchup is really annoying, as his/her neutral B and counter are really hard to punish and Bayo has a really hard time zoning in, as ground burning kick and BA get's punished by shield. Really have a hard time against them especially on FG. Maybe it's just me though lol.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I cannot kill with combos, dang it. Uair and fair never connect.
They only do sometimes to me. I made one awesome air combo once but it was at low stock so it didn't kill. ;.;

Also, down air side B - need to practice that but dunno if I'll ever use it effectively outside of training mode. It works like 30% of the time. It's an okay move I think.
Praise @Warchamp1 I think

We now have :4bayonetta2: smileys and, consequently :4bayonetta2: post BGs.
This will always be THE Bayonetta to me.
Can't see them wtf. It happened with Bayo when they first got added so this should fix itself in a few days again XD.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
that extra small hitbox on her own foot makes it so the opponent spikes at the ledge :3
Yeah. If they're right at the ledge and you're close enough, when you downsmash, bayo's heel stomp sends them into madama butterfly's stomp, which spikes them. Badass.

Also, dair has a sweetspot (her heel) and two sourspots (leg and point blank).

Last edited:

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
A good Bayonetta and Corrin are scary. You almost have to forget using aerial attacks unless it is a true combo from a throw or tilt because their down B's are so damn good lol.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone else notice her kiss is still in the game?

She does it whenever she summons someone from an assist trophy. <3

ProtoManDan

Smash Rookie
NNID
zekrom025
Wow, her dair is surprisingly good, probably her best kill moves aside from her smashes. It's a great mix-up or combo finisher, and pretty easy to spike with. I like.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
how does double sideb work?
Hit the First Side B in the air,and game allows you to do the second one. depending on fall speed, and other factors,you may need to do downward Side B instead of normal Side B

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Whoever told me about B-sticking to use diagonal After Burner Kick, you're a saint. Works like a charm.
I don't I'm good at fighting game-style inputs on a GCN controller.
FG inputs take a while to get the hang of unfortunately.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Eyyyyyy Sonic and Pit[too] main here looking into making a Bayo secondary.

Personally I'm not too sure about how she does in the pit mu, but I feel Sonic has the advantage against bayo since he has faster attacks and he can spin dash underneath bullet climax and she can't force us to approach and punish us properly, but we'll see how it goes. Also, who thinks that False will be a new Bayo main?

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone else noticed how Bayonetta seems to utter something in Japanese during her FThrow sometimes?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Did anyone get that Witch Time f-smash into d-smash spike to work yet? I tried it for about an hour yesterday but f-smash has a ton of endlag on it. Certain percentage they need to be at?

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone get that Witch Time f-smash into d-smash spike to work yet? I tried it for about an hour yesterday but f-smash has a ton of endlag on it. Certain percentage they need to be at?
omg that sounds so good why didnt I think of that....I've been able f smash and then up smash to I havent tried down smash but I cant see why not

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just don't charge either. I managed to do it already.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I have been using witch time → down smash → up smash. Down smash pops them into the air and up smash catches them at the top of the hitbox.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I gotta say, Bayo has some major flaws, the accumulated landing lag seems to suck, if your opponent can DI good enough to not get killed by your combos. If you even get to combo sometimes.

... I hate good clouds.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
She feels amazing to me. Love the freedom of her combos.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving her so far, I didn't expect her to be able to kill so well tbh.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Hey, guys! I'm a Greninja main, but I've picked up Bayonetta as one of my secondaries. Somehow, my interest always flocks to the more complex but fun characters, and Bayonetta is no exception. I need more time with her, but I've enjoyed the time spent so far.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Everyone!
Quick!
Go to Flat Zone X with Bayo!
Quickly!
Do iiiiiiiiiit!
:D