• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

David Viran

Smash Lord
with wall, I mean with projectile. Sheik only has Needles at dispostal from range (and burst grenade but its easy to get around with)
her wall is FAirs and FTilts together with bounching fish and thats what Bayonetta love, she want close combat so she can combo and punish
Sheik throws her unreactable needles until you inevitably get close then just swats you away with fair. In contrast to link who will throw his more reactable projectiles until you inevitably get close and then you hit him.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I really hope all of her 0-death combos turn out to be DI able and all of her 50+% damage combos turn out to require soft reads to be fully executed.
Otherwise she would be either op or would get nerfed.
Like seriously, she has like 4 reliable combo starters and every combo is devastative.
She is kind of stupid even without WT: WT is just the icing.

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
They do, unless there is a combo I haven't seen yet. After Burner Kick and Witch Twist seem to be quite affected by DI, sometimes it is hard to even land upB xx sideB let alone those extended combos.

I think the main thing is that if you land ABK, whether you have to do the next one up or down depends on how they DI it.

something I haven't explored much yet is downward angled ABK after they DI out of WT, but it doesn't seem like that would hit the right spot.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I really hope all of her 0-death combos turn out to be DI able and all of her 50+% damage combos turn out to require soft reads to be fully executed.
Otherwise she would be either op or would get nerfed.
Like seriously, she has like 4 reliable combo starters and every combo is devastative.
She is kind of stupid even without WT: WT is just the icing.
Ryu?

Though tbh I think that her below average frame data is enough to keep her from being op. Her ground game is honestly pretty bad outside of punishes and defense. That and a lot of her combos (and moves in general) can be DI'd away. That and Witch Twist can send the opponent in either direction at random for some reason.

BTW, some cool little easter egg I've noticed is how when you go to training mode with Bayo and you pause the game, the entire stage will freeze, but the idle animations will still be moving. That's pretty cool.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Ryu?

Though tbh I think that her below average frame data is enough to keep her from being op. Her ground game is honestly pretty bad outside of punishes and defense. That and a lot of her combos (and moves in general) can be DI'd away. That and Witch Twist can send the opponent in either direction at random for some reason.

BTW, some cool little easter egg I've noticed is how when you go to training mode with Bayo and you pause the game, the entire stage will freeze, but the idle animations will still be moving. That's pretty cool.
But she has multiple safe on shield options and can deal damage without ever getting near the enemy.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Her down-air is such a ridiculously powerful move. Netting some super early kills with it. Still having a little trouble with the meteor hitbox when I go for it offstage, but when you can recover from it immediately it keeps me going for it still. I assume the hitbox for it is at the start of the move, right?
Her dair has a sweetspot (the heel). That is what spikes people.

As far as recovering from that, just upB as soon as you either hit or miss them.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
But she has multiple safe on shield options and can deal damage without ever getting near the enemy.
That is true, contrary to what that annoying sheik main was saying. Speaking of sheik, she has a lot of safe on shield options and is overall a better camper than.....everyone else, yet she's not banned in tournaments. However, knowing the balance team, despite how they have yet to nerf ridiculousness (I'm looking squarely at you ness and your stupid b-throw), they always know how to nerf a character without making them suck. Diddy Kong and Luigi were really strong characters, but when they were nerfed, they weren't complete trash after their nerfs, but rather they were less overwhelming. ZeRo has complimented on the balance team for doing so before (but I want to see him use Diddy Kong a lot more, though), so if Bayo does get nerfed, they'll just make her less powerful, but at the same time still make her a great character. I mean poor Sonic has been nerfed quite a bit in most of the patches, but I'm still maining him.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
out of curiousity what is safe on shield besides bair?
nAir if done right, 236ABK, nSpecial at distance and you can basically shoot with nAir the whole time and not get punished. Also dTilt bullets deal like 11 damage or something in a very short time.

That is true, contrary to what that annoying sheik main was saying. Speaking of sheik, she has a lot of safe on shield options and is overall a better camper than.....everyone else, yet she's not banned in tournaments. However, knowing the balance team, despite how they have yet to nerf ridiculousness (I'm looking squarely at you ness and your stupid b-throw), they always know how to nerf a character without making them suck. Diddy Kong and Luigi were really strong characters, but when they were nerfed, they weren't complete trash after their nerfs, but rather they were less overwhelming. ZeRo has complimented on the balance team for doing so before (but I want to see him use Diddy Kong a lot more, though), so if Bayo does get nerfed, they'll just make her less powerful, but at the same time still make her a great character. I mean poor Sonic has been nerfed quite a bit in most of the patches, but I'm still maining him.
I honestly believe that she is perfect aside from her stupid combos.

Last edited:

Killager

Smash Rookie
Her dair has a sweetspot (the heel). That is what spikes people.
Ah, that makes sense thanks! Does that make it a lingering hitbox then?

As far as recovering from that, just upB as soon as you either hit or miss them.
Yeah, even if you miss, ABK towards the stage and WT x2 makes it pretty likely you'll recover unless you're really far out there. Wall clings have saved me a couple of times too.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Work. I didn't have enough eshop credit so I couldn't get Bayonetta. 9 ****ing cents short btw, and after that, I got home, my mother got me an eshop card while I slaved away for 10 hours and I played with some friends
Likewise with the work been on and off... Glad to see a familiar face don't leave me with these people ever again! :p

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
You can't expect me to help you with everything Little One, as Mummy has big grown up things to do
I'm tired as **** so I can't recall where we met
Meh details I think a reply in a previous social thread.... I can't remember either it was a while ago and I'm ****ing exhausted

C3CC

Smash Lord
Guys! I came to shamelessly ask if someone is kind and generous enough to be willing to share the joy of having Bayonetta in Smash with a random guy in the world (me) :D I don't have an American debit/credit card so I can't get her, I only have dollars in cash, and since I live in Venezuela, that won't do either...

The only thing I can think of about how I could give something in return is that I'm a native Spanish speaker, so if any of you has a, I don't know, Spanish homework you don't really want to do, I could do it for you :)

I just saw some gameplay of her and she looks so good! I actually bumped into a Bayonetta on For Glory and I have to say that her Down Smash is awesome. It meteor smashes so easily! I want to try her ;__;

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys! I came to shamelessly ask if someone is kind and generous enough to be willing to share the joy of having Bayonetta in Smash with a random guy in the world (me) :D I don't have an American debit/credit card so I can't get her, I only have dollars in cash, and since I live in Venezuela, that won't do either...

The only thing I can think of about how I could give something in return is that I'm a native Spanish speaker, so if any of you has a, I don't know, Spanish homework you don't really want to do, I could do it for you :)

I just saw some gameplay of her and she looks so good! I actually bumped into a Bayonetta on For Glory and I have to say that her Down Smash is awesome. It meteor smashes so easily! I want to try her ;__;
Wait, Venezuela doesn't have Eshop cards? what the actual ****?

C3CC

Smash Lord
Wait, Venezuela doesn't have Eshop cards? what the actual ****?
Nope, we don't have them... And if you do manage to find one of, say, $10, it would be translated to our currency, which would be around 10.000 Bolivares, and that would mean the final cost in dollars of it would be actually $1587... Yes, that is not a typo, $1587 for a $10 eShop Card. Our economy is that bad, I'm not exaggerating. There are multiple factors that cause this, which I'm happily going to explain if someone is interested :)

I hate living in a third-world underdeveloped country. I HATE IT.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And because of Trump trying to seal off nin Americans, I presume migration isn't an option?
Nope, we don't have them... And if you do manage to find one of, say, $10, it would be translated to our currency, which would be around 10.000 Bolivares, and that would mean the final cost in dollars of it would be actually $1587... Yes, that is not a typo, $1587 for a $10 eShop Card. Our economy is that bad, I'm not exaggerating. There are multiple factors that cause this, which I'm happily going to explain if someone is interested :)

I hate living in a third-world underdeveloped country. I HATE IT.

C3CC

Smash Lord
And because of Trump trying to seal off nin Americans, I presume migration isn't an option?
It IS an option and a choice I already made. If everything goes as planned I'll be leaving Venezuela this year after I graduate from college in March. I would like to live in the US, and just for the things you mentioned, I hope to God Trump doesn't get elected POTUS.

I have to arrange things first, though. Documents and stuff. I'm a bilingual person with a (by then) Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management, so I hope I can find a job and live a peaceful life where I don't have a high chance of being murdered for my shoes in every single corner and where I can afford stuff for reasonable prices.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Is it wrong I want her nerfed? I'm happy Bayonetta is good but she's too good.. :urg:
Not at all; I love playing as Ryu and Mario in friendlies, but they've been practically untouched over the course of patches.

Also, C3CC C3CC I hope that you get to live in the US. If Trump gets his panties in a twist over you moving into the country then he can suck a fatty and tastes its urine for all I care.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Also, C3CC C3CC I hope that you get to live in the US. If Trump gets his panties in a twist over you moving into the country then he can suck a fatty and tastes its urine for all I care.
Thank you very much for your kind words :) I'd love to live in the US, I've always liked and admired that country so much. I even went there once for vacation and I loved it. Canada is also amazing, I lived there (in Montreal specifically) when I was 17 for 5 months while I was studying English and I had the time of my life. It's too cold in winter for my taste, though. Being native to Venezuela, I'm more used to tropical weathers like the ones Florida or California have to offer.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Is it wrong I want her nerfed? I'm happy Bayonetta is good but she's too good.. :urg:
Yes, it's very wrong. Go in the corner and think about what you've done.

Heheheheh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
nAir if done right, 236ABK, nSpecial at distance and you can basically shoot with nAir the whole time and not get punished. Also dTilt bullets deal like 11 damage or something in a very short time.

I honestly believe that she is perfect aside from her stupid combos.
We Guilty Gear now? Oh ****. She be AMAZING in Guilty Gear.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Played around with Bayonetta in a long labbing session and I absolutely love her. The things you can do with her make her really fun for me.

Parisienne

Umbran Witch
Loving how active this social is. Not sure it it'll last, but it's good to see. Some boards can be pretty dead, like Villager/Pika.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Thank you very much for your kind words :) I'd love to live in the US, I've always liked and admired that country so much. I even went there once for vacation and I loved it. Canada is also amazing, I lived there (in Montreal specifically) when I was 17 for 5 months while I was studying English and I had the time of my life. It's too cold in winter for my taste, though. Being native to Venezuela, I'm more used to tropical weathers like the ones Florida or California have to offer.
Go for it; my dad travels a lot, so I've been to Florida and Cali. Both are great states with lots of cool things in it. They're also great places to play smash since a lot of pros live in those areas. Though if you're gonna go to California, try going to SoCal since NorCal isn't as sunny as SoCal.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Go for it; my dad travels a lot, so I've been to Florida and Cali. Both are great states with lots of cool things in it. They're also great places to play smash since a lot of pros live in those areas. Though if you're gonna go to California, try going to SoCal since NorCal isn't as sunny as SoCal.
:O Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I've only been to several cities in Florida though; it's the only state I know. One of my dreams is to travel all over the United States one day!

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
so I went to an all bayonetta tournament today, and I have to say after the first 2 battles I was very discouraged, because I had kept up really well in game 1, but then game two I got 3 stocked.....it's really weird because in losers round I had a set of very close games with someone who ranked much higher than the person who 3 stocked me (I was basically the only person he beat)...but anyway yeah I got last...I'm still not discouraged though! (it was a 12 person tournament so that makes me feel a teensy bit better about my loss)

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Hello, just got back into Smash cause of all the Bayonetta hype and she is a blast to play.

Been toying around with her for the day and found lots of cool stuff. I found a true combo 0-Death on some of the cast off a grounded Witch Time. Im sure it can be improved on but here it is:

Top Bottom