• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So I just noticed that uSpecial has a very short cancel window for stuff like sSpecial.
does afterburner kick have such a window as well?
Because uSpecial > afterburner > uAir should be true at ~60 and the uAir never ends up being true for me.

Last edited:

AkitoUF

Smash Rookie
I'm having a lot of fun with her but can't help to think she doesn't have a lot of kill options outside of doing Witch Time and then a smash attack. Even then, Foward Smash tends to whiff a lot.

So to use the skull barrage of her normal combo I just have to mash A after the third hit?

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Hey. Probably going to try to pick up bayo, I'm loving her dair, and lasting nair and uair is cool. Uair should be a good wall option yes? Once I had it knock them behind her so that's no good.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Now, I need some advice. I am playing bayonetta, and or aerial side b can go up or down I know that. Now, how do I angle it down because when i want to go down, it goes up, but when I want to recover, it flings me down

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Now, I need some advice. I am playing bayonetta, and or aerial side b can go up or down I know that. Now, how do I angle it down because when i want to go down, it goes up, but when I want to recover, it flings me down
That took me a minute, it's determined by fastfall.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
If you tap down before doing ABK, then it'll angle it downward. If you don't, it does regular ABK. If you want to practice the variations, it requires constant management of your left stick position. Hope that helped.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
That took me a minute, it's determined by fastfall.
If you tap down before doing ABK, then it'll angle it downward. If you don't, it does regular ABK. If you want to practice the variations, it requires constant management of your left stick position. Hope that helped.
Thanks, going to do some training mode tests. Also, for everyone here, and I know this is an early question, what tier do you think bayo is in?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Down ABK is done by doing QCF+B. So Hadouken.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does it seem like CPU Bayonetta has a lot of trouble pulling off her final smash? Even at level 9 she just flounders around doing nothing most of the time during her final smash.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I was more thinking that Bayonetta would've been compatible with the Blaster equipment instead. The Zapper equipment seems odd, since it's only used by retro NES characters before Bayonetta's release.
I've actually played through the entirety of Bayo 1 and started Bayo 2 (currently at Chapter 2, if I remember where I am right now), AND I have the OSTs for both games, and upon you mentioning the more modern Blaster and retro NES characters, what I thought made much sense now actually does make more sense to me than I first thought.
Splash Wave (∞ Climax Mix) [From Out Run]
After Burner (∞ Climax Mix) [From THEE After Burner]
Magnificent 7 (∞ Climax Mix) [Boss Theme from Fantasy Zone 1]
Space Harrier (∞ Climax Mix) [From THEE Space Harrier]
Wiwi Jumbo (Heaven Sent Mix) [I THINK from After Burner as well, but it DOES have 80's arcade-ish sounds]
GM03 Angel Attack [An homage to the 1st person coin-op arcade games of the 80's & 90's in so many ways, including its use IN the actual game itself as a Bonus Round~]

Mysterious Destiny & One of a Kind (Both Retro Versions) [8-bit chiptune renditions~]

THEE original Arcade compositions from the above are in the OST collection as well:

Magical Sound Shower / Out Run
Splash Wave / Out Run
After Burner / After Burner
After Burner / After Burner II
After Burner With Melody Ver. / After Burner II
Boss / Fantasy Zone
Theme / Space Harrier

The gameplay segments in which those songs appear in wonderfully pay homage to those Sega Arcade Classics from the 80's / early 90's.

There's also the Angelic Hymns LPs, which have genuine classical music riffs using pianos with a 45 vinyl record burny sound quality (?) in the background of them.
Game 1's List:
Franz Peter Schubert - Military March
:4ludwig: van Beethoven [OST's spelling, not mine, but the Cheeky Face was my joke. XD] - Moonlight [Sonata]
Frédéric François Chopin - Fantaisie Impromptu
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos
Émile Waldteufel - Skaters' Waltz
Wilhelm Richard Wagner - The Ride of the Valkyries
Georg Friedrich Händel - Hallelujah
Gustav Holst - Jupiter
Gustav Holst - Mars

Game 2's List:
Entrance of the Gladiators
William Tell Overture
The Magic Flute
Devil
The Harmonious Blacksmith
St Matthew Passion
Thus, Bayonetta using Zappers as an Equipment piece for power actually makes quite the amount of sense that references this aspect of her own series. Color me impressed that even THIS part of her series gets appreciated in Sm4sh. ;3

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Is it just me or does it seem like CPU Bayonetta has a lot of trouble pulling off her final smash? Even at level 9 she just flounders around doing nothing most of the time during her final smash.
Those wacky CPUs don't generally like to go for stuff unless it's 100% guaranteed, even in a time slow. They prefer to abuse their insane reaction time. How many Bat Withins does CPU Bayonetta get when not powershielding?

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I just love to play as Bayonetta, but I have rediciously hard time to do Downward SideB in battle!

I can do it easy in training and when I planing to do it, but I cant do it in battle D: I am either too fast (DownB) or too slow (rising SideB)

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
Those wacky CPUs don't generally like to go for stuff unless it's 100% guaranteed, even in a time slow. They prefer to abuse their insane reaction time. How many Bat Withins does CPU Bayonetta get when not powershielding?
honestly tho I feel like her final smash is pretty hard to pull off too >.> or maybe I just really suck at trying to catch people during slow time, but then you also have to launch them in the air >.>

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just realized that Bayonetta would be really good at Trophy Rush, considering that most of the boxes aren't very durable. Her up air attack alone would pretty much clear the screen! I just tried it on the 3DS version, and there, they counted jumping as movement, since I kept jumping straight up and the ball of lightning didn't come down once! I'll try it on the Wii U version some time, since I still need to get the "break 50,000 blocks in Trophy Rush" challenge.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
it seems like I got kicked out of the bayonetta discord and I don't know why. I can't join at all. Is there another link or something I could get?

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
I have to ask, can you activate bats within during a rapid jab/multihit move if you spam the airdodge during the duration of the move?
I don't have the character yet so I can't test it myself.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Really considering dropping Ryu for her. I like her that much and I consider her series the true successor to the Devil May Cry series one of my favorite game franchises of all time.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
bayonetta is so baddass here! nearly flawless!
...well one minor audio bug: her foreward throw is still in japanese
That's actually a reference to Virtua Fighter. I forgot the exact quote :/

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
bayonetta can go under battlefield from one side to the other, just did it, awesome lmao

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Can someone please explain to me how to angle After Burner kick and how to chain them together?

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
ugh I've lost every online match I've ever played why do I suck at this game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can someone please explain to me how to angle After Burner kick and how to chain them together?
To change the angle of it, you do the same motion as Ryu's Hadoken. :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Accidentally ended up footstooling an opponent while doing a SideB + Kick > UpB > SideB. Not sure how I did it cause I'm terrible at these things so I'm going to assume the opponent just jumped into me. But I'm wondering whether footstool application could be of tremendous help for landing DAir spikes.

As an aside the continuous animations on NAir and UAir means the opponent doesn't ever want to be in any circumstance where they have to air dodge. This lady just does not give two halos about air dodging.

Last edited:

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Downwards angled ABK? It's basically a hadouken input. Start with the stick pointing down and then do a quick semicircle in the direction you want to travel, and then press B.

You cannot immediately chain two together in the same direction. You have to do ABK one way, and then immediately do another in the opposite direction (bair is a good follow-up from this). If you want to go in the same direction, you have to do one ABK, up-B, and then another ABK.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
It might be because I played a lot of Playstation All-stars but I'm actually finding Bayonetta quite easy to pick up. I'm probably going make her my secondary as I've lost interest in Pac-man and Lucas.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
So far after practicing with Bayonetta I feel like she's slightly more technical than Ryu in terms of Combo's. When it comes to the Ground Ryu has combo's but Bayonetta is more aerial based ( not to say Ryu can't do things in the air... ) as far as FG goes, won a few matches with her still trying to chain combo's better, but she's a lot of fun. Now this is just my opinion, but Bayo needs to be dedicated as a solo main to be optimized due to a high learning curve....

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Stupid question, does hitting a duck/balloon/opponent with just a bullet from held nair/uair stale your aerials?

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
We haven't even had 24 hours with her.

Have patience young witch.
I appreciate the kind words I guess it was just more of me venting because I think I'm honestly bad at the game not just with Bayo. I think I've won 1 online match out of all the matches I've ever played. I can't improve no matter how hard I try :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I appreciate the kind words I guess it was just more of me venting because I think I'm honestly bad at the game not just with Bayo. I think I've won 1 online match out of all the matches I've ever played. I can't improve no matter how hard I try :(
Dont worry I suck at the game too but I have not played in two years. Id say wing it, it does not matter if you lose. Well thats just me

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Stupid question, does hitting a duck/balloon/opponent with just a bullet from held nair/uair stale your aerials?
A quick test seems to show that hitting someone with the bullet art of a move stales that move as if you had landed it

With that, I'd guess that it acts like you hit the duck etc. with your move.

I'm not 100% up on how staling works in this game, but in Brawl I believe "Fair on Mario" and "Fair on balloon" were considered two different moves in the staling queue, or something along those lines. So this should be a good thing, unless I misunderstand the mechanics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom