• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is the first time since Smash 4 released that I've felt at home playing a character. I still miss Snake, but god damn if Bayo ain't a good bandage for that wound.

Last edited:

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
Played a decent amount of games, I'm pretty sure sideB > sideB > uair is going to be a staple kill option, works out of upB which is amazing.

upB works out of uthrow which is super amazing, so we have a kill option out of throw.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just downloaded Bayo and Corrin a while ago. Bayonetta is a lot of fun to use although it'll be difficult getting used to all the combo possibilities. It definitely makes me feel like a badass when I pull them off well.

The character select screen still looks kind of weird, but I guess they did the best they could.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm gonna try and make gifs of Bayonetta's victory poses (with a fitting purple background ;0 ) So sad the kiss didn't make it in ;(

So far, I love her! I might need to change my controls a bit though. It's a bit difficult to chain ABK and WTwist together consistently.
Not sure if this has been said yet, but I think the kiss did make it in some form. After summoning an assist trophy, it looks like she throws one.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
Some of her moves remind me of Midna from Legend of Zelda. Like they had tried to create her as a character then added her moves to Bayonetta, which works even better.

Just something I noticed. I love how she plays - I think she will be absolutely devastating in team play with a hard hitter (Ganondorf, Bowser, etc)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was a little weird at first, but playing Bayonetta feels just so right. I'm officially co-maining her alongside Bowser for Bara Or Bust - that's a lot of B's.

Some of my thoughts so far.
  • 0 to Death combos won't be in the meta, at least not for long. SHe'll still have to do a lot of her killing combos as DI reads.
  • As someone who adores her series, she fits right in. If you want to get good, play her games.
  • She racks up damage like crazy, even without the bullets from her normals.
  • I think it was both an interesting and a good decision to put Bat Within on her rolls and air dodge. I think without this, she'd be OP.
  • I find playing her like Xiaoyu - very evasive, pokes, and forcing approaches - seems to have some success, but of course it's all WIP.
  • I LOVE her shouting JUUNEN HAYAINDAYO occasionally after doing FThrow.
Oddly enough, I find that she fits in with the rest of the cast. I still find CLOUD more unfitting.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
After a good night's rest, I'm really getting a feel for her, combos and follow ups are coming a lot more naturally for me! I'm excited to see even more person growth with her :)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Egh
I want to play her but I won't be able to play most of today
/cry

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Third hit FTilt hitbox is really deceptive

I was actually scared about her jab having bad frame data but the reach is still really good.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yo.

Pulse | TECHnology from Michigan here. Ranked player. Dropping in to say hello and introduce myself. After my all night lab session, I have decided she's the co-main I've been looking for. I'll be recording videos and uploading on my channel. Lots of tournaments coming up. Excited to work with everyone here to push her meta. :)

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481
It was a little weird at first, but playing Bayonetta feels just so right. I'm officially co-maining her alongside Bowser for Bara Or Bust - that's a lot of B's.

• As someone who adores her series, she fits right in. If you want to get good, play her games.
Oddly enough, I find that she fits in with the rest of the cast. I still find CLOUD more unfitting.
I'm in the same boat. Been maining Bowser/Villager up until now, but my love of the franchise had me pledge loyalty to Bayonetta the second they announced her. It's like I'm starting this game from scratch. I've gotten myself killed by accidentally wall-clinging so many times already.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Actually on For Glory the CSS is perfect, the mii's ruined everything :sadsheep:
I still like the swordfighter thought...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Well hey! If you never play the Miis, just delete any you have and their icon will go away, making a perfect rectangle.

I mean I love the miis but I'd rather have a perfect CSS than them. :v

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
But...I can't delete Lonk

He's Lonk. he's not going down without a fight.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm slowly getting used to Bayo's weird recovery, but I'm getting ****ed up by her wall cling. :v

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I think Lylat is Bayonetta's best stage

The stage tilts make her Bullet Climax incredible

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bayo can wear Suits, Boots, and.... Zappers?! Well, considering that she IS wielding guns, it makes much sense.
I was more thinking that Bayonetta would've been compatible with the Blaster equipment instead. The Zapper equipment seems odd, since it's only used by retro NES characters before Bayonetta's release.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

Man does it feel nice having all these trophies.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

• 0 to Death combos won't be in the meta, at least not for long. SHe'll still have to do a lot of her killing combos as DI reads.
  • She racks up damage like crazy, even without the bullets from her normals.
  • I think it was both an interesting and a good decision to put Bat Within on her rolls and air dodge. I think without this, she'd be OP.
  • I find playing her like Xiaoyu - very evasive, pokes, and forcing approaches - seems to have some success, but of course it's all WIP.
  • I LOVE her shouting JUUNEN HAYAINDAYO occasionally after doing FThrow.
It's funny that you say that,because i hate Fighting Xiayou. She can't compare to this woman though. :p
Landing spikes never felt more satisfying.
Does anyone hate how she looks on 3DS? It looks really weird to me.
No Madama Butterfly shadow
0/10
Madama's ded ;_;

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Being able to set up into DAir is probably going to be key to getting early kills with Bayonetta. It's not just a good DAir but also a stupidly good spike. It's already deadly at around 30% if you're off-stage. This move needs a lot more testing.

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
If you ask me (and you didnt), we probably shouldnt be concerning ourselves too heavily with stuff like "omg 0-death cambuuz" and instead, just focus on getting a feel for the character and how she operates for now. All that advanced, hype stuff can come later when we're more comfortable with bayo (giggity).

I've already played 50 matches on FG and I think she's hella fun. Dont be afraid to take your day 1 bayo into the hallowed halls of FG. It's all part of the learning process.
yeh I have to try to remember that it's my first time playing with her, I just got accustomed to winning most of my matches as Olimar ....I got so salty last night that whenever I would lose twice to someone as bayonetta I would just switch back to olimar....man I was so cheesed...but anyways I did get some pretty good wins with Bayonetta ( There was this one with a metaknight who was kicking my butt and had me at like 90% damage, and he had like 0%, but then I got him off the ledge for a bit, and while he was trying to jump back with his wing jump thing, I meteor smashed him with Madama butterfly's giant heel, and I was like YAAAASSSSSSS and unexpectedly won). Anyway I really need to work on not self destructing when trying to do the double up B recovery, as well as when I try to go in for a kill with her dair, most of my losses were due to me self destructing early and not being able to catch up afterwards.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Dtilt to Usmash registers as a combo on Sheik from 72% to 91% in training mode. You have to be right in front of them and input the Usmash immediately, but it seems like an okay kill option on lightweight FFers.

I'm still trying to figure out her best low% combos and recovery, but digging her playstyle so far. Only thing that sucks is that I use tilt stick for all inputs except for smashes and specials. But if I want to extend her aerials or use BA's, I have to go back to using the A button all the time..

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Being able to set up into DAir is probably going to be key to getting early kills with Bayonetta. It's not just a good DAir but also a stupidly good spike. It's already deadly at around 30% if you're off-stage. This move needs a lot more testing.
its the most stylish spike i've seen in this game too.,beating out Captain Fabulous :D
the fact that it kills onstage doesn't hurt either.

whats i'm curious about is the variety of combos on different weight classes.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just downloading the DLC!!! I'm getting Bayonetta for both versions - first DLC character other than Free Mewtwo for the 3DS!!!

=D

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I actually remember being a little disappointed that she didn't say "Get Out!" at any point during her reveal trailer. When I was playing her games I always found that a really dramatic moment during fights, there's something really epic about it. (maybe I'm just being weird? :p)

So pleased to hear she actually does say it. (I think it's tied to her punches)

Top Bottom