• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've actually tested some combos in Bayonetta 2 (using only moves that she uses in Smash), and I'm pretty sure I've been able to learn some combos that I'll have fun using in Smash.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I've actually tested some combos in Bayonetta 2 (using only moves that she uses in Smash), and I'm pretty sure I've been able to learn some combos that I'll have fun using in Smash.
I do like how her moves are LITERALLY THE SAME AS THEY WERE IN BAYONETTA.

After playing Bayo 2 It makes me really hype to play her.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I do like how her moves are LITERALLY THE SAME AS THEY WERE IN BAYONETTA.

After playing Bayo 2 It makes me really hype to play her.
Exactly. For an example of some combos I want to try:

After Burner Kick -> After Burner Kick -> D-Air

F-Air (all three hits) -> D-Air

Jab (1) -> Jab (2) -> Jab (3) -> D-Tilt

Jab (up to the rapid jab) -> F-Smash

blackghost

Smash Champion
Exactly. For an example of some combos I want to try:

After Burner Kick -> After Burner Kick -> D-Air

F-Air (all three hits) -> D-Air

Jab (1) -> Jab (2) -> Jab (3) -> D-Tilt

Jab (up to the rapid jab) -> F-Smash
Down throw down smash combo in both smash and her games. What I'm doing is trying to anticipate her combos based on what combos in her games. Every combo shown in the direct works in her games. Using this pattern I think you can look at other moves and activate what will combo. Uptilt to upsmash at certain percents, up b to dair, ect...

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only thing lacking from bayo's moveset is dodge offset. Unless they make rolling/witch time in the middle of a string let you keep going where you left off.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The only thing lacking from bayo's moveset is dodge offset. Unless they make rolling/witch time in the middle of a string let you keep going where you left off.
If only this could be a thing, but I highly doubt it.

blackghost

Smash Champion
for the sake of balance i its doubt it in.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Just realized today that it's basically confirmed Bayo can connect only one of the hits on her aerials that have self-followups if she wants to. She did it during the moveset presentation when her FS activated. I'm probably late on this though.

A. Ma. Zing. Yo what if she can mix you up in the air by doing that. Holy **** lmao.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just finished Bayonetta 1 the other day and I've already started on Bayonetta 2. I'm really enjoying it so far.

I'm hoping I'll have Bayonetta 2 finished by the time her dlc comes out.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Bayo 2 is super easy, so it shouldn't take you very long to beat it.

Have fun with the game because it's really great.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Bayo 2 is super easy, so it shouldn't take you very long to beat it.

Have fun with the game because it's really great.
I died tons of times against the final boss. I had more trouble with him then the final boss in Bayo 1.

Although I'm the crazy person that set the difficulty to 3rd Climax on my first playthrough, so I probably shouldn't be talking lol.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of Bayonetta 2, I've made it my goal to beat the game on ∞ Climax before Bayonetta comes out for Smash.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I died tons of times against the final boss. I had more trouble with him then the final boss in Bayo 1.

Although I'm the crazy person that set the difficulty to 3rd Climax on my first playthrough, so I probably shouldn't be talking lol.
That's still a lot better than starting Bayo 1 on Normal, without any pickups or skills (including the ever-useful Panther Within).

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's still a lot better than starting Bayo 1 on Normal, without any pickups or skills (including the ever-useful Panther Within).
That's what I did. I regretted that decision almost instantly. Heheh.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I already beat Bayonetta 1 & 2 over the Summer. When Bayonetta got announced I went back and beat the first one and I think I'm on Chapter 3 on the second game.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Bayo 2 is super easy, just remember to pick up Bat Within, since it is so good. As for the final boss of Bayo 2, he is just annoying to fight. I think I just spammed items against the dude until he died, because I was so annoyed at fighting him. Beat him first try at least, but it wasn't a fun fight. Also, during one of the Blader fights, I didn't want to use items, he got me at 1 HP about halway through the fight, and never before in my life have my dodges been so on point. That was my favorite moment from replaying Bayo 2 on 3rd climax.

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
Bayo 2 is super easy, just remember to pick up Bat Within, since it is so good. As for the final boss of Bayo 2, he is just annoying to fight. I think I just spammed items against the dude until he died, because I was so annoyed at fighting him. Beat him first try at least, but it wasn't a fun fight. Also, during one of the Blader fights, I didn't want to use items, he got me at 1 HP about halway through the fight, and never before in my life have my dodges been so on point. That was my favorite moment from replaying Bayo 2 on 3rd climax.
It's mainly cause those two lack proper audio/visual cues for their attacks. Other than that they are not too bad.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Hey everyone, found out something really cool

Screw Attack has recently announced via their official Twitter that Bayonetta will be one of two combatants in the upcoming Death Battle.

https://twitter.com/ScrewAttackBen/status/687723738536620032
Bayonetta is coming to #DEATHBATTLE this March! Who do you think her opponent will be?
And earlier today they recently posted the following on their twitter:

https://twitter.com/ScrewAttackBen/status/689160842844196864
Hold on... what’s this doing in the #DEATHBATTLE studio?
Looks like Bayonetta is going to be taking on someone from the Legend of Zelda franchise. Personally I believe it is going to be a battle of The Left Eye of The World vs. The Triforce of Power.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Bayonetta is just going to win hands down. Not really anyone in the Zelda universe that can take her on, or even come close to matching her power.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta is just going to win hands down. Not really anyone in the Zelda universe that can take her on, or even come close to matching her power.
That's what I was thinking. I figure that Morrigan from Darkstalkers or Dante from Devil May Cry would make more sense.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I'm sure screwattack will come up with some BS technicality that makes bayo lose.

Just look at their majin buu vs kirby one.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It can only really be Ganondorf. Though they may take some liberties with him by allowing to summon different monsters or "incarnations" of himself like Ganon or Demise.

I mean, Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf at the very least has an attack that can be compared to a wicked weave.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure screwattack will come up with some BS technicality that makes bayo lose.

Just look at their majin buu vs kirby one.
Yeah, ScrewAttack always makes up some weird reason for letting characters who shouldn't have won win.

Also I've seen that they refer to their Smash moveset and act like its canon.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Yeah, ScrewAttack always makes up some weird reason for letting characters who shouldn't have won win.

Also I've seen that they refer to their Smash moveset and act like its canon.
From what I've seen, when doing research for a Death Battle, they use all incarnations of charfacter to ensure they are at their strongest. the abilities they had the longest, so on and so fourth.

That's why in the DK vs. Knuckles battle they brought in strengths/weakness from the classic DK Cartoon series for DK, and Sonic Boom for Knuckles.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
From what I've seen, when doing research for a Death Battle, they use all incarnations of charfacter to ensure they are at their strongest. the abilities they had the longest, so on and so fourth.

That's why in the DK vs. Knuckles battle they brought in strengths/weakness from the classic DK Cartoon series for DK, and Sonic Boom for Knuckles.
Sometimes they have to limit them, though, and not just through the "no outside help" rule. Link & Cloud were limited to the weaponry they bring in their respective fighting games and their strongest armour to quash the "well if X used Y he would've won!" complaints.

Then there's Peach and Zelda where Smash is pretty much 50% and 90% of their moveset respectively(though giving Peach her Mega Strike is odd to me, if only because Mario didn't get his for Sonic).

Assuming Bayonetta is allowed to use her other weapons even if they're for all intents and purposes non-canon (except maybe Alruna), a Ganondorf matchup seems even more likely, as they can both switch between swordfighting and fisticuffs (plus they both show a tendency for mid-fight tennis).

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
It's kind of crazy to think that all this happened because Microsoft and Sony turned Bayonetta 2 down from the start.

We got a new game, more costumes, and now Bayonetta's been requested so much that she's in Smash. We're even getting a re-run and Bayonetta is getting far more attention then ever before.

Jesus. Look how far we've come.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's kind of crazy to think that all this happened because Microsoft and Sony turned Bayonetta 2 down from the start.

We got a new game, more costumes, and now Bayonetta's been requested so much that she's in Smash. We're even getting a re-run and Bayonetta is getting far more attention then ever before.

Jesus. Look how far we've come.
I bet Microsoft and Sony regret turning the idea down now. Heheh.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Well, from what I've read, they didnt turn them down, they just demanded too many changes. After Sega turned them down first, PlatinumGames said that in the many attempts to get funding, people either said No, or would request changes. They would ask for certain content to be cut or changed, to have content pertaining to their franchise's added to the game, all while threatening to pull out if its not going how they wanted.

Nintendo offered to fund Bayo2 stating that they would give PG as much money as they needed in order to make their vision for the game to become a reality. Nothing was asked to be cut, changed, or exchanged with something else. The whole idea of Nintendo based Costumes that appeared in the games were Hideki Kamiya's idea, with a star Fox Costume sketch. and then Nintendo suggested other costumes to expand on the idea.

Did you know that initially the Link costume featured a buttoned up chest because the programmers didn't feel comfortable sexualizing links clothes too much? But when shown to Nintendo executives, Nintendo said "undo the buttons on her shirt, having them buttoned up like that doesn't feels like it doesn't fit her character." So thats why she has the open chest with the Link costume.

Other companies were being greedy and forceful with the money they were practically blackmailing PG with in order to fund the game, where as Nintendo gave them everything they needed and let them make the game they wanted.

And what I don't understand is how people can still 'expect' an 'eventual' port of Bayo2 to other consoles. Seariously, you mention Bayonetta 2 on sites like siliconera or IGN, or even other gaming forums like Neogaf or KoeiWarriors, and you will STILL see people claiming that its going to happen. Stating things like "its Sega's IP, they can move it to another console if they want." and some how fail to realize that Nintendo co-owns the second game due to the fact they funded it. They try to come up with ways to validate Sega breaking their contract with Nintendo in order to make more money off Bayo2's sales on other consoles, and are completely ignorant to the heavy series of lawsuits that would follow for breaking said contract.

Like there's this one guy on the KoeiWarriors Forums who, every time someone updates the Bayonetta topic in the Action Games sub section, gets upset that it wasn't news about a re-release of Bayo2 on another console. They were even stupid enough to think that the upcoming Bayo2 re-release, for Bayonetta getting into SSB4, was news about her game getting on the PS4. I tell you there's ignorance, and then there is imbecilic. And this guy is waaaaayyy deep in the latter of the two.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've read up on all of this, but at the end of the day, they still got turned down because of these changes and funding issues. Which was sad.

Also (I'm pretty sure) Kamiya (and a Platinum rep) confirmed this but I can't give you a source so make what you will out of that.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I was among those who were furious that bayo2 was going to be a wiiU exclusive, but just looking at what has happened since then, it's clear as day that nintendo funding bayo2 was the best thing that could've happened to the series.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I really cannot wait any longer for Bayonetta. This is killing me. For some reason I get the feeling that Bayonetta might be harder than Ryu to use (Maybe just me Over-Thinking it)

I litterly everyday listen to the soundtracks from the first two Bayonetta I've never been this hyped for a character before.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
At first it struck me as odd when they announced Bayonetta 2 as a Wii U exclusive, but after I did some research I was perfectly fine with the decision. When the game was released I got it day 1 and was not disappointed then again it's Platinum Games we're talking about haven't been disappointed with anything they had a hand in yet...

Top Bottom