• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
Not sure which enemy is which, but all I know is the enemies with the claws that always appear in pairs are literally the worst
They are call Grace and Glory and they have a another version call Gracious and Glorious in Bayonetta 1. Best strategy against them is use fast weapons that have high DPS. Weapons like Onyx Roses and Durga(Lighting) work well against them.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Not sure which enemy is which, but all I know is the enemies with the claws that always appear in pairs are literally the worst
Grace, draped in flames, Glory, controller of lightning, two super annoying enemies
They have stronger versions called Gracious and Glorious who do more damage, are faster, and dodging their attacks/using bat within doesn't activate witch time against them (you need to perfect party them using Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
OK

these
ones
**** THE ONES
The worst part is when you meet all the requirements for Witch Time and they don't give it to you for some stupid reason
There are alternate versions of them (Gracious and Glorious) that don't even give you Witch Time for dodging them - maybe those are the ones that you're dealing with?

More than anything, even the removal of quick-time events that kill you when you fail (okay, maybe not that much, but these guys are second), these are the part of Bayonetta 1 that I'm glad to see they left out of Bayonetta 2.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There are alternate versions of them (Gracious and Glorious) that don't even give you Witch Time for dodging them - maybe those are the ones that you're dealing with?

More than anything, even the removal of quick-time events that kill you when you fail (okay, maybe not that much, but these guys are second), these are the part of Bayonetta 1 that I'm glad to see they left out of Bayonetta 2.
I don't know, it happens with the normal ones too sometimes
Not as much though.

They're the same stupid enemy reskinned though >.>

Very happy to hear Bayo 2 doesn't have them.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wait it doesn't?
I thought I saw them in the flashback parts... Maybe I'm remembering wrong
I know for sure that Grace and Glory are in the flashback parts. Specifically when you're fighting the gauntlet in front of the Clock Tower, and when you reach Crescent Valley in Infinite Climax. Not sure if Gracious and Glorius show up though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know, it happens with the normal ones too sometimes
Not as much though.

They're the same stupid enemy reskinned though >.>

Very happy to hear Bayo 2 doesn't have them.
They ARE in Bayo 2, but only 1 stage iirc

I ****ing love Heel Stomp btw, the pose Bayo does just makes me crack up 'Imma make a demon use her high heels to slam you when you're down, and pose just to look fab as ****'

David Viran

Smash Lord
Why don't I have this game?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just beat Jubileus

honestly, she was way easier than i remember

the only reason i died to her was because i couldn't figure out how to escape the black hole move at first

i love the first game so much. it's definitely one of my favorites

now on to replaying bayo 2

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I just beat Jubileus

the only reason i died to her was because i couldn't figure out how to escape the black hole move at first

Everyone always makes Jubileus out to be this super impossible boss, but she's pretty easy (AND FFFFFFFFFFFUN!) for me. Now the Bayonetta 2 final boss is freaking DUMB. Hate him so much... ;;

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just beat Jubileus

I beat Jubileus without dying on my first playthrough of Bayonetta 1. After dying so many times to the other bosses (Fortitudo, Temperantia, so on), I honestly found the last boss fight extremely underwhelming.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I've died about three times on my first run on the normal difficulty. I found it challenging yet very thrilling. Second playthrough on easy I died once only because
I somehow managed to crash Jubileous into Mercury when I got distracted for a moment XD.

I found the first encounter with Fortitudo the most fun because I have never ever seen such an epic and fast boss fight. The wind guy always annoys me for some reason tho.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Everyone always makes Jubileus out to be this super impossible boss, but she's pretty easy (AND FFFFFFFFFFFUN!) for me. Now the Bayonetta 2 final boss is freaking DUMB. Hate him so much... ;;
I beat Jubileus without dying on my first playthrough of Bayonetta 1. After dying so many times to the other bosses (Fortitudo, Temperantia, so on), I honestly found the last boss fight extremely underwhelming.
I remember having a really hard time with Jubileus on my first playthrough (which was like a year ago). I'm not sure why, possibly due to it being the first game of this genre I'd ever played.

During this playthrough, I really didn't find any of the bosses all that difficult. Gracious and Glorious and the fire and lightning bird things were harder than some of the bosses, lol. I just spammed the default punch combo with Lt. Col. Kilgore on Jubileus and it did like 1/3 of a life bar with like 1 combo. The fight is pretty fun, though (aside from the OHKO black hole move).

I remember who the final boss in Bayo 2 is, of course, but I don't really remember the actual fight. I guess I'll know soon enough once I actually get to him.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I remember having a really hard time with Jubileus on my first playthrough (which was like a year ago). I'm not sure why, possibly due to it being the first game of this genre I'd ever played.

During this playthrough, I really didn't find any of the bosses all that difficult. Gracious and Glorious and the fire and lightning bird things were harder than some of the bosses, lol. I just spammed the default punch combo with Lt. Col. Kilgore on Jubileus and it did like 1/3 of a life bar with like 1 combo. The fight is pretty fun, though (aside from the OHKO black hole move).

I remember who the final boss in Bayo 2 is, of course, but I don't really remember the actual fight. I guess I'll know soon enough once I actually get to him.
The only trouble I have with Jubileus is navigating that stormy section of the fight. I always end up at a dead end, and then my platform is destroyed. :drsad:It's also like impossible to dodge those attacks that turn you into a child.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The only trouble I have with Jubileus is navigating that stormy section of the fight. I always end up at a dead end, and then my platform is destroyed. :drsad:It's also like impossible to dodge those attacks that turn you into a child.
i didn't have any trouble with the stormy part. i didn't even know there are dead ends in that section.

getting turned into a child literally doesn't affect you at all. jubileus has zelda-tier aim and misses you even when you're laying on the ground. i just spammed the jump and dodge buttons and i turned back into an adult before she could hit me with the third punch

the black hole attack is stupid and i hate it. i only figured out how to dodge it after i died twice to it lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
i didn't have any trouble with the stormy part. i didn't even know there are dead ends in that section.

getting turned into a child literally doesn't affect you at all. jubileus has zelda-tier aim and misses you even when you're laying on the ground. i just spammed the jump and dodge buttons and i turned back into an adult before she could hit me with the third punch

the black hole attack is stupid and i hate it. i only figured out how to dodge it after i died twice to it lol
The main issue with the child attack is that you can't keep your combo as a child D:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The main issue with the child attack is that you can't keep your combo as a child D:
oh lol

i don't care about my combo/what trophy i get

i got stone for all but 6 chapters in this playthrough lol
but it did say my overall trophy was bronze so i'm okay with that

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Actually in Bayonetta 2. There are still Quick Time Event(s) that you can die from. One of them is in the Prologue section.... Where you had to press the X buttons to block a sword and run. I tested that. And that is the only QTE, that I tested.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Actually in Bayonetta 2. There are still Quick Time Event(s) that you can die from. One of them is in the Prologue section.... Where you had to press the X buttons to block a sword and run. I tested that. And that is the only QTE, that I tested.
I died from the beam-of-war segment in the Insidious boss fight because I pressed the wrong button.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I died to that same one because I forgot I had to press a button and I went to blow my nose because being sick is great. The main difference is that all the death QTEs in 2 are the kind where you mash, so there's usually ample time to do so. Bayo 1's QTEs are miss the 1 button press and die.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I died to that same one because I forgot I had to press a button and I went to blow my nose because being sick is great. The main difference is that all the death QTEs in 2 are the kind where you mash, so there's usually ample time to do so. Bayo 1's QTEs are miss the 1 button press and die.
Also keep in mind that Bayo's 2 QTE's usually occurs right after gameplay, and not in the middle of some random cutscene.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm not a fan of Skype/Discord groups for threads like this.

It murders the activity of the thread, and also is way more exclusive than a thread would be. And that's not even mentioning that some people don't have Skype/Discord, nor do they want to download them.

Just staying here in the thread has way more benefits imo than using an external app.

If a Skype/Discord group is made, then count me out because I don't want anything to do with it.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yeah let's keep things here.
Most boards die when they get Skype/Discord groups

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's too many spoilers on this page and I'm too lazy to open them so I'm just going to assume you're all talking about how awesome the first game's katana is and say that I agree wholeheartedly.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There's too many spoilers on this page and I'm too lazy to open them so I'm just going to assume you're all talking about how awesome the first game's katana is and say that I agree wholeheartedly.
Shuraba is quite the amazing weapon.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm not a fan of Skype/Discord groups for threads like this.

It murders the activity of the thread, and also is way more exclusive than a thread would be. And that's not even mentioning that some people don't have Skype/Discord, nor do they want to download them.

Just staying here in the thread has way more benefits imo than using an external app.

If a Skype/Discord group is made, then count me out because I don't want anything to do with it.
Except that you only need to keep a tab open on discord to use it. No downloads required.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
When I first died to a QTE in Bayo 1 I was enraged, then I lol'd when I received the achievement "PLATINUM!!", basically admitting that some of the QTEs are dumb (the one in question involves jumping from a clock tower after escaping a lava flood. You'd think you'd need to press b to jump but noooo, for some reason it's y now, even though it has no relation whatsoever to movement or evasion).

That fire level (chapter 3 I think) in general's just dumb. Fire Affinities that you can't punch or kick without getting burned, lava that ruins your ability to combo, a verse where you're expected to rack up a combo on two giants while a lava river pursues you (do they expect you to go back with panther within for more time?)... really shows that none of Platinum's more recent games ever involve environmental hazards in their battles anymore. (Though I will admit it definitely made the battle against Fortitudo more interesting).

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's still unnecessary **** and murders all activity on the thread :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It deserves it's spot as the only returning weapon from B1 in B2. Pistols excluded anyway.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
You actually can dodge the whirlpool-like attacks that turn you into a child. You stay in Panther Within form, run away, and just as they are about to catch up to you, you jump and midair jump over past them in the opposite direction you were going and keep running. Repeat if they are about to catch up to you again.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else interested in Bayonetta's victory theme and poses? In the direct Lets hit the climax's was played right before they showed off one of her victory animations, but me personally I think her victory theme could be...

while I hope her signature kiss and
could be her other two victory poses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom