• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah, Balder actually explains this himself before you fight him, and they show it off in the Epilogue when they show how Jeanne survived the missiles. Pay attention to her eyes in that cutscene, it changes from the Lumen symbol back to the Umbra one to show that she is free.

Because it wouldn't be fair gameplay wise. There is an item in Bayo 1 that lets you have the same power you have when you are fighting bosses, however, this means that everything you do isn't recorded, so it is really only useful for fighting Rodin or when you want to mess around, not caring about rank.
Oh yeah, it would be unfair game play wise. I was just talking more so story wise. Also I didn't know about that item.

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Okay. Real talk. I HATE Fearless, Fairness, and Greed. They're all just super, SUPER annoying enemies. I really wish I could choose was enemies to spawn in Training Mode, so I could learn how to react to their attacks, because LORD do I need time to adjust to them...
Being able to choose what enemies appear in Training mode would be fantastic. I could use it for Sloth, lol. And I agree about Fearless, Fairness and Greed, they are pretty tough.

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Gracious and Glorious hurt my soul.
I can't deny that lol. But 6 fairly large enemies all at once sounds like torture. Especially with the ice attacks flying around, I suck at avoiding those. And then I'm held in place for several seconds, and with 6 of them running around, I'd be basically guaranteed to take another hit and it'd go in circles :drsad:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I actually really wonder about everyone else's opinion
(99% sure everyone else here is better at Bayonetta 2 and are like "But both of those sound easy pffft" ;; )

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I actually really wonder about everyone else's opinion
(99% sure everyone else here is better at Bayonetta 2 and are like "But both of those sound easy pffft" ;; )
I would probably have an opinion if I actually can remember the name of the enemies. lol

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
I would probably have an opinion if I actually can remember the name of the enemies. lol
Fearless and Fairness are the annoying dogs
Gracious and Glorious are the beefed up versions of Grace and Glory, which are the fire and electric claw guys that the Durga weapon is based off

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So this past week I decided to replay Bayo 1 on normal difficulty for the first time and I finally finished! :D

what a mess lmao

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It plays before Sakurai talks about amiibo
Oh neat. I dunno, I don't dislike it but it's certainly not as good. I'd rather have it than nothing.

So this past week I decided to replay Bayo 1 on normal difficulty for the first time and I finally finished! :D

what a mess lmao
Your first playthrough was on very easy? I won't give anyone crap for picking easy (it's a hard game, bruh), but I hope you took off the immortal marionette at least. That thing takes a lot of fun out of the game and just makes it even harder to learn how to play proper. I run through the game on easy to unlock it for completion's sake, but I never use it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Fearless and Fairness are the annoying dogs
Gracious and Glorious are the beefed up versions of Grace and Glory, which are the fire and electric claw guys that the Durga weapon is based off
Eh I don't remember having too much of a hard time against them. I actually prefer fighting gracious/glorious over grace/glory. One enemy I always had hard times against was Joy, but only when they sent multiples of her against me.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Your first playthrough was on very easy? I won't give anyone crap for picking easy (it's a hard game, bruh), but I hope you took off the immortal marionette at least. That thing takes a lot of fun out of the game and just makes it even harder to learn how to play proper. I run through the game on easy to unlock it for completion's sake, but I never use it.
Yeah I had it unequipped. I prefer executing combos myself.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sloth is the Kricketune lookin like one, right?

I never had a problem with them...? I almost remember them never attacking me.

Large Dad

Smash Cadet
NNID
ITSYOPAPA
3DS FC
2680-9462-5670
inb4 Bayonetta mains in the competitive will basically be like Melee Captain falcons or Project M Snakes. They don't just play to win, they play for style.

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Sloth is the Kricketune lookin like one, right?
Kricketune looking, lol! Gilgamesh or Ashura, yeah, but I never considered Sloth to look like Kricketune xD

They are okay to me lol. Its the snaky things that turn you into Cereza ext that annoyed and scared me to death.
Yeah, man, Resentment suuucks. Especially that one verse where you gotta take on two of them at once.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Was it confirmed that Helena Taylor is the voice actor for Bayonetta? I saw the question asked before but no one replied...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To me, Sloth's one of those "not so bad on his own" enemies, especially with parrying and experience. But then everything goes to Inferno when he's paired up with two Malicious who boost his attack to obscene levels, while he absolutely refuses to leave you alone for a second.

Resentment once you know to watch out for his transforming laser is pretty straightforward.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
The snaky things that turn you into Cereza ext that annoyed and scared me to death.
I actually thought Resentment was super hard when I first faced it, but after fighting it a couple of times, I found they telegraph their attacks pretty well. I think they're fun to fight now. :p
Then everything goes to Inferno when he's paired up with two Malicious who boost his attack to obscene levels, while he absolutely refuses to leave you alone for a second.
THISSSSSSS YESSS Malicious, and the Angel equivalent (I forget the name) are just dumb. But angels are kinda easier to deal with than Demons, so it's whatever. But Malicious gosh DINGLE DARN.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I didn't even realize Resentment turned you into Cereza until my second play through, a year after my first one. :drshrug:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If you're playing Jeanne, Resentment turns you into a cute little child Jeanne <3
I didn't know that!

...But then again, I never really played as Jeanne. Heheh.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I'm sad they couldn't get fly me to the moon because of copyrights. Either way Umbra Clocktower is going to always be my practice stage because of all the great music in Bayonetta. RIP Kalos league

As long as there's music, I'll keep on dancing taunt canceling :happysheep:

Top Bottom