• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yes I went back to 2 briefly today and lord the combat sucks compare to 1. Medium and larger enemies can only be launched in WT, Wicked Weaves are nerf in damage, Enemies frequently combo break and Umbran Climax is overpowered. That's only the tip of the iceberg. Not to say Bayo 2 is horrible is just lacks compare to the first one as far as depth goes.
I've only played the first game but medium to larger enemies are always difficult to launch in the first game without wicked weaves or WT. Unless wicked weaves don't launch in 2. Maybe I remember playing grace and glory too much but I remember getting combo broken a good amount too.

ZakoAction

Smash Rookie
NNID
TrollKing777
I've only played the first game but medium to larger enemies are always difficult to launch in the first game without wicked weaves or WT. Unless wicked weaves don't launch in 2. Maybe I remember playing grace and glory too much but I remember getting combo broken a good amount too.
Nah wicked weaves don't launched at all in 2 outside of UC. The problem with 2 is nearly all enemies can break out of combos outside of WT. Which limits combo creativity heavily in Bayo 2, Unlike the first 1 where only a few enemies will combo break you. Doesn't help wicked weaves and torture attacks don't do much in 2 as well.

kuk

Smash Cadet
If it gets modded, go to forum support. The site want to be PG13, so posting a trailer from an E10+/12+ game is A okay
btw
PG13? LOL. Smashboards has always behaved as if they wanted to cater to crybabies aged 5 or 6. Post the slightest sexual thing - and if the wrong moderator sees it - it will get deleted without anu chance to argue (because Smashboard management is very much dependent on authority rather than arguments).

Of course, joke about violence or post pics where characters beat each other up and they have no problem. It's laughable how prudish they are, and how prudish they think some users are.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
PG13? LOL. Smashboards has always behaved as if they wanted to cater to crybabies aged 5 or 6. Post the slightest sexual thing - and if the wrong moderator sees it - it will get deleted without anu chance to argue (because Smashboard management is very much dependent on authority rather than arguments).

Of course, joke about violence or post pics where characters beat each other up and they have no problem. It's laughable how prudish they are, and how prudish they think some users are.
Considering the **** I've gotten away with in terms of sexual remarks, and many, MANY other I've seen, unless you're talking about a few specific mods, which then again, you can go to forum support, you're only going to convince me you're trolling

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
While I agree that sometimes (well, most times) inappropriate content is not dealt with correctly, I think this is not the place to talk about it.
:196:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Yes I went back to 2 briefly today and lord the combat sucks compare to 1. Medium and larger enemies can only be launched in WT, Wicked Weaves are nerf in damage, Enemies frequently combo break and Umbran Climax is overpowered. That's only the tip of the iceberg. Not to say Bayo 2 is horrible is just lacks compare to the first one as far as depth goes.
Yeah that's the impression I got from pro players. Also charge bullet.
I'll go balls deep into Bayo 1 as soon as I'm back home. I'm super hyped right now.

D

Deleted member

It's been 11 days since :4bayonetta:'s reveal.

I am still watching the trailer for countless times and still am screaming.

help

CG✫Nova

Smash Rookie
NNID
Makashu393
yeah, pretty much
I'll leave out the fluff but it's still kinda lengthy.

Basically before the first game started there was a normal universe like ours, but people became naturally greedy/envious/dastardly/etc, and a war broke out in that universe. The casualties in the war caused the amount of light and darkness in the universe to become too unbalanced, and the universe was eventually destroyed.
In its place three new realms were created: Paradiso (Heaven), the World of Chaos (Human World) and Inferno (Hell). Purgatorio (Purgatory) isn't really a realm but just sort of an alternate dimension to the World of Chaos that angels/demons use to go there.

Anyway, Jubileus (final boss from the first game) would have ruled over Paradiso had she not been sealed during the destruction of the original universe, Aesir (final boss of the 2nd) ruled the human world, and Queen Sheba (huge demon that punched Jubileus in Bayo 1) ruled Inferno. People assume that the creator of the original universe was split into these three, but it's not confirmed.
In the human world, humans originally had no free will and were just ruled by Aesir. But, Aesir, who was benevolent(at least back then), gave a portion of his power to the humans in the form of the Left Eye of Darkness and the Right Eye of Light (together known as the Eyes of the World). The Umbran Witches took hold of the left eye, and the Lumen Sages took hold of the right eye.

K almost done. This is the part that's actually shown in the first game. Some time after the witches and sages flourished as clans, the angels of Paradiso made the decision to attempt to revive Jubileus and use her power to make Paradiso the dominant realm of the trinity. To do this they needed both the Right Eye, which the Lumen Sages had, and the Left Eye that was kept by the Witches. So, the angels and the sages went to war with the witches, and even though the sages lost, both clans were pretty much eliminated; Bayo and Jeanne are the last witches, and it's assumed Balder is the last sage.

Lemme know if anything's unclear or there's anything left out.

Forze Dell'Oscurita

Smash Rookie
A day late, but Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! :).

So I actually have a question about Cereza.

So is Cereza basically Bayonetta? If so, where did the change of name come from? Since Umbra witches can control time, young Cereza had met Bayonetta before Paradiso had attacked the witches? I'm referencing the last cutscene where Bayonetta says Mummy and she can do anything. Hopefully that all made sense....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

So I actually have a question about Cereza. I'm unsure how to do spoilers, so I'm going to leave a big space in case some people haven't finished the first game yet.

So is Cereza basically Bayonetta? If so, where did the change of name come from? Since Umbra witches can control time, young Cereza had met Bayonetta before Paradiso had attacked the witches? I'm referencing the last cutscene where Bayonetta says Mummy and she can do anything. Hopefully that all made sense....
How to do spoiler tags
[ spoiler ] your text [/ spoiler ]
without the spaces.
Time travel and Bayonetta are **** plots, but yes, Cereza is Bayo

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

So I actually have a question about Cereza.

Yes, Cereza is Bayonetta, as in, they are the same person. The change of name comes from her being sealed for 500 years and waking up without any memories at all. She didn't remember her name, so she adopted the name Bayonetta.

As for the other stuff, I have no idea. I haven't played either of the games since January lol. Maybe Cereza's wiki page can answer your question.

kuk

Smash Cadet
While I agree that sometimes (well, most times) inappropriate content is not dealt with correctly, I think this is not the place to talk about it.
:196:
I created a thread in the support forum about this, but none of you moderators are replying to it. Also, why can't users see posts where other users complain about policies and management? You don't want to hide these discussions, do you?

Why can't we have an open discussion about why Smashboards are scared to death about sexual content, but violent content is fine? It's total hypocrisy and needs to be addressed, not hidden away.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
i think i reached the final chapter of Bayonetta 2. Oh my, this gets really intense. I am glad smash bros kinda directed me to this epic action game!

I believe that, once Bayonetta drops, my main list will consist of

:4bayonetta::4lucas::4mewtwo: as my main 3, with :4wario2::4gaw::4ryu: as secondaries.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm thinking about maining Bayonetta. It depends if she clicks with me like Dr. Mario, Link, Mario, Ganondorf, and Palutena do.

She also looks like a lot of fun. :grin:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I'm watching the trailer for analyzing purposes like her frame data and trying to see if her grab has any follow ups.

From what I've seen, Her grabs don't look like they will have any kill confirms, she may have a kill throw hopefully.

I'm really worried about her landing lag. I just have REALLY high hopes for this character.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm watching the trailer for analyzing purposes like her frame data and trying to see if her grab has any follow ups.

From what I've seen, Her grabs don't look like they will have any kill confirms, she may have a kill throw hopefully.

I'm really worried about her landing lag. I just have REALLY high hopes for this character.
From what I've played of Bayonetta, air-to-ground isn't really strong outside of kicks that send you plummeting (which I imagine will be her down aerial).

When time isn't a concern, the best way to proceed is usually by dodging and countering (too bad we don't get the moon accessory for perfect shields), sticking to low-commitment combos until an opportunity presents itself.

Grabs also aren't really a thing in Bayonetta outside the whip weapons.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

Landing lag isn't everything. Snake has proven that a character can be ground based with mediocre aerials and still be good.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I showed my mother Bayonetta
*Doesn't even notice she gets nekkid*
*sees Gomorroh*
'Nope! Too scary!'
Speaking of which, we didn't get a good angle of it in the trailer, but how much "clothing" does Bayonetta lose during her Final Smash? I'd imagine it's not much more than how much she loses using her Smash attacks, but I've been wondering.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Dunno man, her Witch Time looks like it has huge bull**** potential
Like seriously it seems instant in the trailer.
Just do that and scream TIME TO GO BOOOOOOOOM while pulling out those wicked weaves.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just do that and scream TIME TO GO BOOOOOOOOM while pulling out those wicked weaves.
The most stylish kill possible.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Instant, sure (and you get to cancel the dodge animation when it succeeds), but probably a very tiny window, otherwise it's just a glorified roll.

And interestingly, none of her smashes seem to hit behind her. It's her dtilt (or at least the bullet followup) that does the trick.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Zelda was the queen de facto in TP, but the events with the twilight prevented her coronation.

It's complete nit-picking, but Brawl Zelda was technically the first queen in Smash.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
User was warned for this post
It would be so cool if Bayonetta's pummel looked like Erron Blacks from MK X.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Instant, sure (and you get to cancel the dodge animation when it succeeds), but probably a very tiny window, otherwise it's just a glorified roll.

And interestingly, none of her smashes seem to hit behind her. It's her dtilt (or at least the bullet followup) that does the trick.
yeah if you goof it up, you get no precious reward. I expect nothing else from Bayonetta.
Also as I'm a ZSS player, not hitting things behind me with anything ever isn't exactly a new concept to me.
If her tilt dTilt doesn't do the job, she'll probably have slight problems with aggressive forward rolls just like ZSS does.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I main ZSS as well.

Trust me, you get use to things not hitting behind you (except that tiny little chance on down smash). I'm sure something will save her like a Pivot F-tilt or her witch time.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
yeah if you goof it up, you get no precious reward. I expect nothing else from Bayonetta.
Also as I'm a ZSS player, not hitting things behind me with anything ever isn't exactly a new concept to me.
If her tilt dTilt doesn't do the job, she'll probably have slight problems with aggressive forward rolls just like ZSS does.
I main WFT. Welp...

Top Bottom