• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Brothers. Servants. Slaves of Evil.

The sacred time is come. The time to, once and for all, tear down the gates of Hell, so that we may cleanse this world in the forge of chaos. So that we may, at long last, seize the arrogance of pretenders, standing in blithe arrogance as if our equals, and ensconce the throne of this world that we will build with their bones. The brontide of the King's thunderous gait will portend the end of light and days.

Charlatan kings, false gods and eidolons: make ready your last breath, as your time draws nigh. Here in this very Grimoire will be inextricably carved for eternity, with the blood of retribution, the names and deeds of those who tread the path of Evil.

It is time. Their souls shall be wrenched from them. Their names will be erased. They will see the Second Death. They will be MURDERED.

So it begins, the beginning of the end. Let us record in this very Grimoire Hell itself, so that the lost souls of the nameless damned may meander through its pages for eternity.

http://xat.com/Ganondorf_Brawlers - Our Unholy Council

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-dark-lords-interview-thread-victim-a2zomg.375828/ - Insight into the Minds of Murderers

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I was waiting for you to open this thread.

Ganon mains, a hundred years have passed so LET US REUNITE and shatter the gates of Smashyrule! It's now time for our true GLORY! The Gerudo army is at your doorstep heeding for your call.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Let us rise from the desert sands of exile. For 6 long years have we waited, bided our time, preparing for the day when the power of Din would invade the heart of this competition and seize it for our own. The time has come, brothers and sisters in evil, to end the reign of swordsman. Let magic and might now dictate who lives and who dies.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, I guess I'll kick things off with an introduction:

To my fellow brothers and sisters of the darkness, and to the individuals that will soon be converted (you too, shall tread the path of Evil) and/or submit to our will (if you fail to convert, your stocks belong to us), I am the Great King, Hokori. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of the first games I played as a kid, that I still cherish to this day...it is also the time when I discovered my new favorite villain...in Nintendo's history, as well as video game history in general...Ganondorf, the Great Demon King of Evil. In Smash, I've been using him ever since he debuted in Melee. No matter how many stocks we lose, we are destined to eternally reincarnate and see to it that we conquer every last character convincingly.

All that said, I'm looking forward to working with you all for the greater good of the character that we know and love. Let's use the Power that we have to continue our quest for Wisdom and brutalize those that have the Courage and audacity to oppose us :ganondorf:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That reorchestration of Ganon's theme from Twilight Princess. One of my favorties.

I've been saying for months that if anything like that was to actually be included in Smash on say a stage dedicated to the King of Evil... well, lets just say that such a theme makes one either crave the power that Ganon wields, or submit to it.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
The link to this place logged me out. The real King of Evil must be this thread right here.

@ Hokori Hokori :
You have this in your signature, yet you didn't post it up there? You bring us shame.

Super late edit: I don't know why I neglected to post this until now, but I found this on deviantart forever ago:
ganondorf_by_kokirileaf-d4lr6yq.jpg

Last edited:

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
I'm looking forward to train with you all and to crush all our enemies who will challenge us!

A excellent choice of music guys!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone else noticed the scar on Ganondorf's chest? This obviously references Ganondorf's Twilight Princess appearance.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The link to this place logged me out. The real King of Evil must be this thread right here.

@ Hokori Hokori :
You have this in your signature, yet you didn't post it up there? You bring us shame.
You have exposed a hidden secret. Not everyone is aware that my signature contains links/music. GG.

Has anyone else noticed the scar on Ganondorf's chest? This obviously references Ganondorf's Twilight Princess appearance.

This is wonderful. I actually haven't put much thought into it before.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
With his render now available, I made this as I do with all the playable characters:

I await a higher quality render, but this will do for now~

Kamiko

Smash Ace

Well, his whole design references his Twilight Princess Appearance. More importantly though, his cape is tattered and it looks so cool.

You have exposed a hidden secret. Not everyone is aware that my signature contains links/music. GG.
Hey, it's attached to the Triforce of Power. It's hard to not look closer.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I was just now noticing Ganondorf's new design, scar and tattered cape and all. He looks awesome this time around.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I've actually managed to not "spoil" anything about him other than one of the custom move swaps (the sword one).

Feel it's redundant, but I'm looking forward to finding out his changes firsthand.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I've actually managed to not "spoil" anything about him other than one of the custom move swaps (the sword one).

Feel it's redundant, but I'm looking forward to finding out his changes firsthand.
I'm doing much the same with most of the characters. This game is making the focus not unlocking individual characters, but instead unlocking the many different possibilities for each character, which I think is really cool. It was a shock learning how easy it is to get the full cast, but after watching the NoA Treehouse live stream, I became so much more hyped to create custom builds of my favorite characters.

Ganondorf is one particular character I'm looking forward to making a specific build of. I mean, think about it. Within reason, we can make Ganondorf more OoT like (lighter, faster, etc) or even more monstrous, and I'm sooo looking forward to discovering on my own how his custom moves will enhance this.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
A few of the Spokane area Smashers are close friends of mine, and they're holding a Project M tourney this weekend. While I don't play PM, I was gonna go to visit them since it's been so long.

As it turns out though, the host is also doing a Smash 3DS invitational at his place afterward. That being said, I'll have a chance to test Ganon extensively, so as soon as I have the info, I'll post it here. I'll try to get some videos, too.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace

I don't think there are really any other changes to spoil about him actually. Do balance tweaks count as spoilers?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I still.feel his ingame model cape is a little too narrow and stiff. It kinda looks like a curtain.

Now in the art, it looks badass.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I still.feel his ingame model cape is a little too narrow and stiff. It kinda looks like a curtain.

Now in the art, it looks badass.
I never liked straight capes like that. I'm not really expecting it, but since it wouldn't affect the animations it's entirely possible that the Wii U version will have a better one.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
As it turns out though, the host is also doing a Smash 3DS invitational at his place afterward. That being said, I'll have a chance to test Ganon extensively, so as soon as I have the info, I'll post it here. I'll try to get some videos, too.
The primary thing I'll really want to hear from you is what options you have on teched grounded Flame Choke.

Unless frame data from Brawl changed drastically, I believe you can still tilt people who tech in place or catch them with a standing grab. Also you should be able to buffer F-smash on inward techrolls. The question that would remain then is what you can do against techrolling away.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I did the same thing in Brawl (save for the obvious backlash/disappointment from the return of Falcondorf). It's not really that hard.

I don't see what being a mod has to do with anything.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Well, because you have to read what people post to actually moderate. Unless you're on like some sort of extended mod break or something. A mod break is a thing now by the way, as of one sentence ago.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
The Ganon boards aren't exactly the hotbed of reporting.
Well, no, but I'd think that those kinds of changes would be discussed in the other character boards as well. Or are you specifically avoiding Ganondorf spoilers? Because I could totally understand that, since he's just so amazing.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet

Yeah, I pointed that out in the Ganondorf thread. Also, I must say, he looks really good in HD. Too bad they removed all that gold trim from his Old Manondorf color. Or did they? Can somebody confirm?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Quote of the day so that the flame of evil be not in danger of fatigue:

I Hath Emblazoned My Countless Victories in Immortality.
Carved in Rocks as Living Images of the Ritual Massacre of Mine Enemies.

-User-Maat-Re, Karl Sanders

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Quote of the day so that the flame of evil be not in danger of fatigue:

I Hath Emblazoned My Countless Victories in Immortality.
Carved in Rocks as Living Images of the Ritual Massacre of Mine Enemies.

-User-Maat-Re, Karl Sanders
You seem pretty intent on making Ganondorf out to be more evil than he really is.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I didn't spend millennia in the Sacred Realm to be called "King of Evil in moderation"

Edit: Though, I am a moderator. But evil's not something we moderate here.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I never thought that title was a very good choice for him honestly. Ganondorf kills people who get in his way, but if he was completely evil I don't think he'd leave so many people unharmed. He doesn't want to kill, he wants to control. He's mostly just selfish.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think you're confusing efficiency and economy of conquest with compassion. Malevolent fervor and well-developed executive skills aren't mutually exclusive, after all.

Though, your point is well-taken, considering that shortly after this line

Ganondorf quickly states "Haha, just kidding. Come on guys just let me rule Hyrule, I don't wanna hurt anybody"

Last edited:
Top Bottom