• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganoncide.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Okay. Ganon's Forward B is great anytime. But... is the Ganoncide a viable technique? I KO'd My friend at 0% with the Ganoncide, but it's a very risky move. Does the Risk Outweigh the reward? is the inescapability of Ganon's Forward B enough motivation for you to launch youself at you opponent in midair, knowing one way or another you die? topic.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I only use this technique when I know for sure I can pull it off considering my opponents priorities over mine in some attacks. Imo its great because a perfect example I use it is when I'm being edgeguarded about 90%+ and my opponent is a stock < me. Then yes I use it because most likely I'm going to get KO'd soon, so you end up knocking one of your opponent's stocks out, and also yourself but your most likely to die anytime soon if your at a high damage percent. This technique has helped me keep the lead in alot of matches especially when I have my opponents chasing me off the stage to finish me off. Little do they know they end up making the game closer to a victory for me. ;)

:034:

Smash Hero
If you have 2 stocks and your opponent has 1, I don't see why you would doubt using it. If you die, you can probably still kick *** (unless they just suicided every time and you didn't really kill him) and take off that last stock.

El Drago

Smash Cadet
if hes floaty and u either have a full stock over him or at least 75% more damage than him i would say its worth it if you are confident in your skills

its pretty embarrassing when u fail, but no more than watching ganon run

Crow02

Smash Rookie
I don't really use this much unless I'm just goofing off, since your Dair will do the same thing with its spike without condemning you. It's a very fun move to pull off though, which makes it worth it a lot more than I use it.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
just never end a match with it... unless over water or lava :p
weird thing happened with water for me on the pirate ship...i ganoncided off the edge and we floated for a second then mario shot down and died ending the match but then i shot down after him while it was going in slow motion

BEHR

Smash Hero
just never end a match with it... unless over water or lava :p
weird thing happened with water for me on the pirate ship...i ganoncided off the edge and we floated for a second then mario shot down and died ending the match but then i shot down after him while it was going in slow motion
Theres also the umbrella.

((Cosmo Incident))

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
hahhah i remember the umbrella... too bad i cant get it to work for me... on another note... in teams try the grounded flame choke at the edge of the stage while you're partner is edgehogging... aand watch your opponent fall slowly into a dark pit of WTF?!?

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I remember doing this a few times and only time I find its even possible to get it off is if they're stupid enough to be edgeguarding at the very edge. Launch into the grab just abit below the ledge and it'll actually catch them and drag them underneath the ledge. Similar to how Mewtwo's Disable could pull you under a ledge when returning to the stage in Melee.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
"its pretty embarrassing when u fail, but no more than watching ganon run"

haha so true.

I use this technique mostly against either big characters like bowser, wich you don't need to aim in order to conect the move, or slow aerial recovers, like pit (blue wings my ***!)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I use the side b as a recovery method to get back to the stage. My logic; If you're dumb enough to be that close to the edge when I'm back, feel free to give up that stock of yours.

I never use it on my last life, or theirs. That's just an *** hole thing to do. >_> But in my opinion, it's one of the "safer" ways to recover. They'll either back off and you can grab the ledge, or you'll drag them down with you. Or you just slam them to the ground in a "WTF happened?" moment.

El Drago

Smash Cadet
I never use it on my last life, or theirs. That's just an *** hole thing to do. >_>
i have ended so many fights with it.

i think its perfectly fair, ganon is pretty **** easy to hit, hes huge, slow and has no reach. at least with this recovery other players actually have to use half a brain to edge guard him.

now i admit it seems kinda cruel when u do this 3+ stocks in a row (even i start to feel guilty) but hey, once they learn it will only happen on rare occasions.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
My friends and I do tournaments with 2 stock for some reason, so if I can get one off somebody, then I'll go for it if it comes up. I don't actively try to Ganoncide... I do accidentally if we're both off the same edge and I Side-B recover instead of Up-B.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I use the side b as a recovery method to get back to the stage. My logic; If you're dumb enough to be that close to the edge when I'm back, feel free to give up that stock of yours.

I never use it on my last life, or theirs. That's just an *** hole thing to do. >_> But in my opinion, it's one of the "safer" ways to recover. They'll either back off and you can grab the ledge, or you'll drag them down with you. Or you just slam them to the ground in a "WTF happened?" moment.
While it is a fine recovery I have always thought it was fun to jump of an edge and side b back towards the level. I you connect you ganoncide if not you are on the level

NOTE: I use this playing FFA for fun as I cannot see it being an effective attack in competitive play

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
I only use this technique when I know for sure I can pull it off considering my opponents priorities over mine in some attacks. Imo its great because a perfect example I use it is when I'm being edgeguarded about 90%+ and my opponent is a stock < me. Then yes I use it because most likely I'm going to get KO'd soon, so you end up knocking one of your opponent's stocks out, and also yourself but your most likely to die anytime soon if your at a high damage percent. This technique has helped me keep the lead in alot of matches especially when I have my opponents chasing me off the stage to finish me off. Little do they know they end up making the game closer to a victory for me. ;)
Yes this sums up pretty much when to use this move. Ganonsides are to be respected.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
I used this twice in a random wifi match... the KOs didn't count as mine, but I won anyway:)

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
If you're a stock up, they have 0 damage and you have 100+, it's probably your best option. Getting first blooded by Ganon deserves that kind of brutal punishment.

On another note, when we first got the game, my friend didn't know you could influence the direction Bowser falls in after a Koopa Klaw. I Bowsercided him for all 4 lives a couple of times.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I remember doing this a few times and only time I find its even possible to get it off is if they're stupid enough to be edgeguarding at the very edge. Launch into the grab just abit below the ledge and it'll actually catch them and drag them underneath the ledge. Similar to how Mewtwo's Disable could pull you under a ledge when returning to the stage in Melee.
*cough* you mean Confusion...

[/Mewtwo fanboyism]

I have a question - has anyone compiled a list of the Ganoncide's behaviour against each character? That is, those characters for whom the Ganoncide is a draw, is a victory, or a loss for Ganon?

I recall it depends on the size of the victim.

As for general merits of the move, there's definitely something to be said for its shock-producing (or morale-reducing) power. I've seen more than one match go against Ganon on the first stock, only to be impressed as the Ganon player wryly takes his ignorant/overconfident opponent down with him - completely nullifying the disparity.

I suppose the question is, is it better to try and go for an amazing pull from behind, hoping against hope that you'll take the foe from 20% to KO, yourself circa 100%? Or is it that, statistically, you should go for the cheat?

Disclaimer: To ward off flaming, I don't mean it's 'cheating' to use it. It's an expression.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
When i'm being edgegarded, the Ganoncide is the greatest move ever.

Especially it also works when you get edgehogged.

It can also be used as a reset button.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
i love using it against edge-hog abusers and stuff, it's really worth it imo.

dreamastermind

Smash Cadet
Got a question about this move that I couldn't find the answer too. We all know Bowser's suicide puts them on bottom so they die first. (very cheap) And I thought that Ganondorf's suicide killed both at the same time. But recently twice when trying to put the game in sudden death it ended up just killing me. In Luigi's Mansion against my friend (using Luigi) I grabbed him off the edge and we plummeted, however I died first and he just ended up with 3% damage from it. This also happened later on at Final Destination.

So my question is.... is this just some fluke? What are the conditions that make this happen? And has anyone else noticed this? Cause the way it looks now I'm not going to try to force a sudden death ever again if there's a chance it won't work.

:034:

Smash Hero
Got a question about this move that I couldn't find the answer too. We all know Bowser's suicide puts them on bottom so they die first. (very cheap) And I thought that Ganondorf's suicide killed both at the same time. But recently twice when trying to put the game in sudden death it ended up just killing me. In Luigi's Mansion against my friend (using Luigi) I grabbed him off the edge and we plummeted, however I died first and he just ended up with 3% damage from it. This also happened later on at Final Destination.

So my question is.... is this just some fluke? What are the conditions that make this happen? And has anyone else noticed this? Cause the way it looks now I'm not going to try to force a sudden death ever again if there's a chance it won't work.
It's apparently random. Sometimes you both die at the same time, sometimes you die first and sometimes he dies first. Which is why it's a good idea to wait until you're one stock ahead.

Also, if you play as Ganon, you DESERVE to do Ganoncides. I mean, Ganon's frickin' terrible and the Ganoncide is one of Ganon's saving graces.

Gleam

Smash Ace
I use B-forward mainly as a way of telling people "Hey, back away from the stage, or get off the ledge if you know what's good for you." I'll use it to get KOs, but at 1 and 1 stock. I go for the regular KOs. It can be hard enough fighting some characters, the last thing I need is to be in Sudden Death, and have Bomb Ombs falling from the sky.

Pi

Smash Hero
When I ever play ganon I like to drop from the edge, double jump, then side B back onto the edge and repeat. kekeke

I think tech chasing with this move is more fun than suiciding with it though...

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I don't use the Ganoncide often, but whn the oppurtunity arises, I'm all for it. For some reason, I was fighting a Falco and must have Ganoncided him 2 out of the 3 lives we had. For some reason, those Star-Fox characters bring out the worst in me...

Top Bottom