• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GANON APEX THREAD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm doing that, i posted in the social asknig people if they needed a place to stay, ive already got...4 people interested in it?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
wrong thread Tearbear. I'll add you in the other one though :p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yknow, the ganon evening is going to be packed, perhaps we should ask alex if were allowed in the uni overnight XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh damn, thats a problem :L
So, where exactly will we host this? i would offer but my room is-at this point in time-gonig to have no ganons other than me and its a little way away too, although its a reasonably cheap taxi ride its still a pain for some :L

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Why don't we have a Ganon dinner? It's what most boards do at nationals.

Though, we're not just any board. We won't have dinner. We will ****ing FEAST, BE MERRY, YOIK, FIGHT, DANCE AND DRINK ('cept the last part for me; sober Ganon for life :ganondorf:)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Thats a decent idea actually
Except DLA gone and advertised the ganon evening XD We can still cancel it ^.^
so, anywhere cheap nearby that wont give me salmonella
And also youd have to buy my drinks for me, im legally allowed to buy alcohol in england...but not america

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well, those of age can drink if they want to, but I do discourage underage drinking, even if "underage" is a legislative technicality. We'd be in a restaurant anyway, so it wouldn't be a big deal if you missed out on the alcy.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Dinner sounds legit. Hard to play copious amounts of Ganon dittos in a restaurant though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Eh, we can always play copious amount of ganon dittos at my place if anyone is arriving early/leaving late.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
DLA, heads up dude, I may not be able to enter doubles. I thought I'd be able to register at the door, but apparently I can't. I was short on coinage when I registered for singles, so I figured I'd just reg for doubles at the door. Just found out that I can't though. :/

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
You can still sign up today though right? It says registration ends Dec 31. Just send them a message here: http://apexsmash.com/contact/

Yknow I know you're not a big doubles player, you don't have to spend money on doubles with me if you don't want to. I just gotta know today though so I can find a partner before registration ends.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You can still sign up today though right? It says registration ends Dec 31. Just send them a message here: http://apexsmash.com/contact/

Yknow I know you're not a big doubles player, you don't have to spend money on doubles with me if you don't want to. I just gotta know today though so I can find a partner before registration ends.
Oh, I'd have a blast doing double Ganon. It's just that I need the check I got to clear before I can use my card, lest I risk overdrafting. I'd start looking for prospective partners, but if it ends up clearing today and I can enter, I'll Skype you. Booking the flight, plus venue/singles bilked me of the money I had, so, doubles be a last priority, I figured I could register at the door, but one of the Apex staff's FB status said absolutely no exceptions at the door (which, had I known, I would've let you know way sooner).

Speaking of all this, the Ganons need to agree on a place and time to meet up. Assuming you're all coming in Thursday, and staying at the Hyatt or at least will be able to access the Hyatt, let's choose a place to meet. I say we all just meet in the lobby around midnight (which is when I'll be arriving, roughly).

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I say we all just meet in the lobby around midnight (which is when I'll be arriving, roughly).
Taken out of context, this sounds like the shadiest thing ever lol.

Anyways I'm on skype now, let's talk about it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so wait, We're al meeting on thursday evening at the hyatt?
If we can do that, that would be GREAT because im just been let down by who i thought would be my other roomie. And because im too young to book a hotel room alone, im sorta screwed for thursday night ^^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Double post to bump because i need to organise things swiftly, my flight is in 2 days
Are we having all the ganons at someones room on the thursday or nay?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Double post to bump because i need to organise things swiftly, my flight is in 2 days
Are we having all the ganons at someones room on the thursday or nay?
I don't think we'll be in someone's room, so much as meeting in the lobby area around 12PM. If you need a room, ask Bionic (one of the admins here) if you can stay with us Thursday night. It's only $30 a night right now, but with an extra person, it'd be cut down to $23 a night.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Hold on hold on hold onnnnnn.

Ganon night IS gonna happen.

Meeting up in a hotel lobby at midnight simply isn't gonna do it for me. Keep in mind we're spending 4 nights in Jersey. No need to do it Thursday night right when we get in, especially because I'm staying about an hour away from the venue. I don't want to waste 2 hours and train/bus money just so I can meet you guys in a hotel lobby and then leave.

Let's just figure it out Friday while we're holding the Ganon Gauntlet. Most of the Ganons will be in one place, and we can ask around for someone to host the Ganon night. Considering how many people we'll be meeting, I can guarantee someone has a free hotel room for a night.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hold on hold on hold onnnnnn.

Ganon night IS gonna happen.

Meeting up in a hotel lobby at midnight simply isn't gonna do it for me. Keep in mind we're spending 4 nights in Jersey. No need to do it Thursday night right when we get in, especially because I'm staying about an hour away from the venue. I don't want to waste 2 hours and train/bus money just so I can meet you guys in a hotel lobby and then leave.

Let's just figure it out Friday while we're holding the Ganon Gauntlet. Most of the Ganons will be in one place, and we can ask around for someone to host the Ganon night. Considering how many people we'll be meeting, I can guarantee someone has a free hotel room for a night.
Anything's fine by me. For whatever Ganons ARE at the hotel and awake at that time though, I'd enjoy meeting up in the lobby around that time.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
well the ganon night i guess i can host it in my room at the hyatt

im staying by myself so it shouldn't be a problem but i'd rather not want to have this REALLY late since i do want to get SOME sleep before pools on saturday

Top Bottom