• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Franklin Badge?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The badge definitely isn't that broken. Every character has physical attacks—basically, when you see someone wearing that badge, only use A attacks until the badge is gone. Not that bad.

Side note: Raikou, I love what you do with the colors of your letters and punctuation. Really cool, though probably more trouble than it's worth.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
If it IS Lucas I'm going to be highly pissed as the US has YET to get Mother 3 and it looks like they won't. >=(

If they put him in Ness better stay and Lucas better be that "WHO THE HELL IS THAT" character. >>

I'm serious! I know you're listening Sakurai!

Tanea

Smash Ace
so if ness comes back i really hope that he gets fixed cause his SSBM version sucked incomperison to the N64 version

Ash Hol

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they keep ness but fix him a little, more power to his hits that's all. as for the item I really like the idea, and if you think it's cheap then you rely on proj to much, and it will probably last as long as the bunny hood.

and who are we all pretty much know they are in the game but we are waiting for (profile things): metaknight, snake, peach, ness, sheik, ganondorf (from that one article).

Ash Hol for the original 12.....

Hong

The Strongest
To those who say this design is from the official Mother 3 badge, it's actually a reprint from the original Mother Franklin Badge promotion.

More details here;
http://starmen.net/merchandise/misc/fbadge.php

So that means this update only supports a Mother character, but no one specifically.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Yo MOTHER characters are now Semi- Confirmed. Sweet Ness fans have something to look forward to, and maybe an arrival of another MOTHER character. Maybe within the month's they'll surprise us again with the surprise character updates. Unless Sakurai keeps it secret because, we got no character update this week, pretty much changing the way updates are handled. I still can't believe they haven't updated Peach yet, I'm sure most people were expecting that.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i can reflect everything with my shield so its not that good of a item, but still were getting nes :D

nuro

Smash Lord
I wonder if Sakurai will include anything from Mother 3. Mother 3 was only released in Japan but that doesn't mean content for Mother 3 wont be included in the game. For instance Fire Emblem was only released in Japan but Marth & Roy are in ssbm. I don't think Sakurai would ignore his home country just because some foreign countries (despite how much of the market we make) never played the game before. Besides the Mother series has been one of Sakurai's favorite type of games. Japan takes their Mother games seriously so I say there is a 95% a character from Mother 3 will be in there.

But, Ness was on of the original 12... Hmm, to be honest his game wasn't that popular and not a lot of americans know about it. Ness may not be included but its tough to see what Sakurai plans to do. Just because ssbb seems to be heading into a direction where the new stuff is better so I can imagine Ness just being replaced with Lucas but still having the same moves. Or they could make a separate costume that makes Ness look like Lucas or vice versa. I hope Flint is in simply because he is an adult and I would prefer my Mother characters not look like they are 7 years old with gigantic heads. :lol:

P.S I love the Mother series!

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
OMG its tail's plane, more proof that sonics in brawl

but yea this whole week sucked.....
Figures someone would try that :p. anywho....

It's not very surprising we got a week like this considering the bombshell week last week was. If every week was like last week then there'd be nothing left by the end of September. Good things come in time people.

Also this can be a fun little item. Have Samus and somebody else equip this item and have Samus fire a charged shot and watch it reflect over and over again. Let's see who's wears off first :chuckle:. Or have two Foxs wear it and keep firing at eachother. See if you can crash the game :chuckle:.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Figures someone would try that :p. anywho....

It's not very surprising we got a week like this considering the bombshell week last week was. If every week was like last week then there'd be nothing left by the end of September. Good things come in time people.

Also this can be a fun little item. Have Samus and somebody else equip this item and have Samus fire a charged shot and watch it reflect over and over again. Let's see who's wears off first :chuckle:. Or have two Foxs wear it and keep firing at eachother. See if you can crash the game :chuckle:.
QTF. I've always wondered what would happen if Fox wears the badge..

NukeA6

Smash Master
Finally a Mother item besides Mr. Saturn. Hopefully Ness is around seeing that the badge is from Mother 2 (Earthbound).

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I think we can expect that when Sakurai reveals a newcomer, we won't see another character for two weeks. I'm dissapointed that we didn't get Peach/Captain Falcon/Ness/Metaknight ect. this week, but I'm not entirely surprised either.

BTW this entire update made me lolz.

GenG

Smash Lord
Finally a Mother item besides Mr. Saturn. Hopefully Ness is around seeing that the badge is from Mother 2 (Earthbound).
The badge is from the whole series. It has been in MOTHER, MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I can see Ness almost confirmed here.

But seriously. Why wouldn't he be in?

I don't think the original 12 is going anywhere. Also,this bag is pretty cool,you can kick Samus's and Fox's ***** alot easier with this on.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can see Ness almost confirmed here.

But seriously. Why wouldn't he be in?
Good question, seeing how he was on the first Smash Bros. Still, seeing how he lost his "mojo" in Melee, thats why he wouldn't appear. Well, thats the only reason I could come up with. Case in point, it wouldn't make much sense at all to add the Franklin Badge from the Earthbound series if the main character isn't going to make an appearance.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Well, from what I've heard, Ness has been unpopular ever since his inclusion in the original Smash Bros. And also, he was to replaced by Lucas in Melee, if it wasn't for Mother 3 being cancelled at the time. Now that Mother 3 is out, and it's been a big hit in Japan, I'm having that feeling Sakurai would probably do what he wanted to do with Ness now. As a big fan of Lucas, I hope he does make it in. Anything Mother 3, really.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
It took me a moment before I recalled what the Franklin badge was. Nice idea for an item from Earthbound lore and the effect is something new as well.

Ness is one of the original 12 smashers show he should stay in. There is always the chance that Lucus cold be given a spot as well. Also there's the AT option as well and I could see Earthbound having at least one of those.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Eh, I don't want to see Lucas replace Ness. If anything I'd like to see Claus make it in, since Claus was well... you KNOOOOOOOOOOW...

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
The Franklin Badge looks kinda small... unless it's placed in a conspicuous location on the character, how would you know it expires (assuming it's never knocked off)? I guess it'll be like a "poof" animation like when the Bunny Ears in Melee disappear.

Overall, I think the Badge is a cool item addition! I hope they carry over more items from Earthbound...

~Old Man Nintendo

Top Bottom